"I Love You"

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

A few more weeks have passed and before I knew it, it was the night before EXO’s first showcase. I tossed and turned in my bed without even feeling the slightest bit tired. I glanced my phone display.

“1:30am. How long have I been trying to sleep for?” I asked myself. I sighed and leaned back into my pillow.

So many things had happened in the past few weeks. My mother began her cancer treatment, and the whole time I wasn’t at school, I spent with her in the room only to have her send me out for the night to get some “decent sleep.”

On the weekends, after visiting my mother, I would visit the EXO dorm and maybe hang out with a member or two. That stopped when the rush really kicked in for the debut showcase.

I jumped slightly when my phone vibrated in my hand before checking to see the new message.

From: Luhan
Are you still awake?

I quickly replied with a ‘yes’ before hitting send.

Less than thirty seconds later, my phone rang with an incoming call.

“Yobeosaeyo?” I called into the phone.

“Hey it’s me.” I couldn’t help but smile at the sound of my boyfriend’s voice on the other end.

“Why are you up so late? Shouldn’t you be resting for tomorrow?”

“We just got home a little while ago...besides...I can’t sleep.” He sighed. “I wish I could see you right now.”

I jumped at the idea, but then stopped myself. He needs rest for tomorrow. “I wish I could too Luhan-ah, but you have to sleep.”

“I don’t wanna.” He whined. I grinned at his childish behaviour. Was he really as old as he said he was? It was definitely questionable.

“You’re coming tomorrow right?” He asked.

“Of course, how could I miss it?”

“You better.” He mumbled.

“I will, I promise but you better not mess up! I’ll be watching.” He groaned at the idea and I chuckled. “I’m sure you’ll be amazing.”

There was a long silence between the two of us. I was almost positive he had fallen asleep but at the same time, I could hear the breathing on the other end, much too strong for him to be asleep. I could hear him take a giant breath in before speaking.

“I’m going to miss you Yoonae-ah. I wish you could come with me.”

I inhaled a shaky breath before softly responding. “I miss you already Luhan and I wish I could come too....but I can’t. I can’t leave my mother here.”

“I know.” He sighed. “I just wish there was a way.”

“It’s just a few months, we can do it.” I told him, but it almost seemed as if I was trying to persuade myself.

“You saw how I was just after a few weeks.” I cringed at the memory of his fragile figure in my mind.

“And that won’t happen again. You promise me that don’t you? You will never harm yourself again.” He whispered a silent agreement and I felt my chest gradually grow lighter. “Besides, we can still webcam and text. It won’t be long. Just a month or two.”

“It seems so long.” I didn’t reply but silently I agreed as well.

“Luhan-hyung! What are you doing out here? Go to sleep!” I cringed at the sound of the overly familiar voice. Kris.

“I know Kris, I was just talking to Yoonae for a bit. I can’t sleep right now.”

“You’re on the balcony, obviously you can’t. At least get back to bed, please?”

“But I don’t want to wake Xiumin up.”

“Hyung, what I meant was you should hang up and go back to bed.” I flinched a bit at the hostility of his words. He probably knew I could hear their conversation just fine but still, he didn’t even bother holding back his hatred towards me. It was true though, he should be sleeping, I shouldn’t be bothering him.

“Luhan.” I called out to him, hoping that he could hear me.

“Yes?” He replied lovingly.

“Luhan-ah, Kris is right. You should get some rest. I promise, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“But...I can’t-”

“I know.” I interrupted him and sighed. “I can’t either, but try alright? I’m gonna hang up now.”

“Alright.” He gave in and let out a small yawn. “I love you.”

I froze when I heard the words come out from the speaker. Was my ear playing tricks on me? Maybe the speaker was messed up. The connection was weak?

My face flushed red as I realized he actually said it. This conversation, his voice, those words...it actually happened.

“Y-Yoonae?” He called nervously. I snapped out of my shock and pile of questions as his voice brought me back to reality. “Maybe I should just hang up now.”

“No! It’s not that...I mean...don’t hang up yet.” My initial reaction suddenly quieted down into a small voice as I returned the words he said to me moments ago.

“I love you too Luhan.”

There was a long silence on the other end of the line and for a moment, I felt bad for taking so long to respond to him too. The anxiety while waiting for his reaction was just brutal.

“S-So...I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He finally said. I smiled and nodded stupidly, forgetting for a moment that he couldn’t see me.

“I’ll see you then. Goodnight.”

“Sweet dreams my love.”

With that, the call ended and I sunk my head into the pillow again, a giant smile grew upon my face. There were so many things to think about. After tomorrow, I wouldn’t be able to see Luhan again for who knows how long. I didn’t want to let him go, not now, not ever and this little wait was something I was alright with.

I love you.

I smiled and my phone to the song “Angel.” I snuggled deeper into the warm blankets before falling asleep to his voice that night.

 

---

A/N: So after a week of delay, I'M BACK! So recently, school started again and I'm actually so psyched because it's my senior year in highschool and I can't wait to get out and move on since so many of my friends are already in University. And I've already been sooo busy recently with school work (I lied, I actually took a 14 hour nap yesterday after school until this morning...but that's besides the point). I'm more busy with actually practicing piano and stuff and preparing for our final performances and University auditions (I'm currently in a music school as a piano major) as opposed to school work but with that being said, I have less time in general to write. So I humbly apologize for not updating recently. I will get back on that though =]

 

I also got 5 mosquito bites on my right knee.....disturbing...they just kind of appeared....

 

@Awesomemimi & @ZzatulELF1803: I absolutely adore my shirt <3 Haven't had the heart to actually wear it yet though....I ordered it...in the beginning of August? Didn't get here for another two weeks and then I couldn't actually pick it up until my friend/the editor of this story brought it to me at school. I was squealing like a madman in the school's music practice rooms when I opened the package.

 

Anyways, hope you all liked the update. Just some Luhan fluffiness for you guys. And yup....hope to receive more comments soon. Love you alls~

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Luhan, Chen, Kai and Sehun's Wifey (recently added Sehun because of my sudden adoration of him...for the past 3 weeks)