Showcase

It's A Love/Hate Relationship



The next day, Ji Eun and I met up early to choose our outfits for the night and make sure we had everything including fanboards to support the members. Afterwards, we headed to the hospital to visit my mother.

“Hey mom, Ji Eun and I are here to visit you today.” I said as I walked into her room. Ji Eun bowed to my mother and smiled.

“Hi Mrs. Park.”

“Hello Ji Eun, how are you doing? I haven’t seen you for a while.”

“Pretty good.” Ji Eun replied politely.

“That’s good.” My mother said before turning to me. “Alone today Yoonae? Where’s that boyfriend of yours?”

“For the last time mom, he’s not my boyfriend!” I protested while my mother just rolled her eyes, mumbling a ‘sure, what ever you say’ under her breath.

“Who’s not your boyfriend?” Ji Eun asked, suddenly curious. My mother’s eyes lit up.

“Yoonae’s boyfriend is the nicest young boy ever! And he’s very polite and good looking too. What’s his name again honey? Jong.....Jongwoon? No that’s not it...Jongmin?....No...”

“Mom, I said he’s not my boyfriend.” I tried again but it seemed to hit her then.

“Jongin! His name is Jongin! He’s a Kim right? Kim Jongin!” I facepalmed myself and hid from embarrassment. Even after all that, she still insisted that Kai was my boyfriend.

“Oh Mrs. Park, I’m pretty sure Yoonae and Jongin-shii aren’t together. In fact, Jongin’s a singer and Yoonae is dating his-”

“Ji Eun!” I cried, covering with my hand before she could get another word out. “Well mom, we gotta go. There’s a concert tonight and we got invited to go so...”

“Is Jongin going to be there?” My mother asked with a wide grin on her face. I rolled my eyes.

“Yes he is but-”

“Ohhh I see. I’m not going to hold you back then, have fun you two!” She said waving. “And tell your boyfriend I said hi okay sweetie?”

“Mom~” I whined before dragging Ji Eun out with me.

“Stupid Kim Jongin, marching into the room that day. I should have never invited him to visit.” I grumbled as we made our way to the car.

“Since when were you two so close?” Ji Eun asked me when the car started.

“We’re not.”

“Then how come you call him Jongin instead of Kai? And you even introduced him as your boyfriend to your mother.” She gasped. “You’re not cheating on Luhan are you?!”

I slammed on the breaks subconsciously, sending both of us flying into our seat belts. “NO!”

She giggled at my reaction before signalling me to drive on again. “I was just kidding. You’re so funny when you’re mad.”

I pouted and drove on, only minutes away from the stadium the show was going to take place in. I parked in the parking lot around the corner and the two of us gathered our stuff and walked out.

“Did you remember to bring it?” Ji Eun asked me as we walked towards the building. It wasn’t hard to find, all the fans were crowded around it already.

“Yeah...I’m not sure if he’ll like it though.” I replied. She smiled me at me reassuringly.

“I’m sure he’ll love it. It is from you afterall.” I nodded and checked in my bag to make sure I had presents for all the other members as well. We lined up like all the other fans and waited to be let in.

Exactly half an hour before the showcase started, the doors opened and the security let everyone in. When they saw our tickets, their eyes widened for a slight moment before they pulled us aside.

“Those are VIP tickets right?” One of the guards asked. We nodded, scared of what would happen if anything went wrong.

“Okay, I’m going to lead you guys to your assigned section, just remember to wait for me or another to lead you guys backstage after the concert. It would be bad if you tried to sneak in yourself.”

We nodded again wordlessly and followed him into a set of double doors that led to the auditorium. There were fans everywhere trying to find their seats. I looked around in awe, the stage was actually quite big.

We took our seats in the fourth row right in the center. Not too close but at the same time, not too far, it was perfect.

My phone vibrated in my bag as I was busy looking around. I took it out and checked the message.

From: Luhan
I see you~

I looked around everything and pouted when I realized I couldn’t find him.

I already told you I would come. Why can’t I see you? :(

From: Luhan
Tehe, I had to go back to the waiting room again. Don’t worry, you’ll see me soon.

Aww okay. Hwaiting! Tell the others I said good luck as well.

From: Luhan
I’ll pass that on to them. See you soon! Love you.

I blushed heavily before replying.

Love you too. <3

“Awwww you two are soooo cute.” Ji Eun cooed beside me. My felt my face glowing redder than it ever was before. We continued talking and before we knew it, the lights dimmed and the whole audience started screaming, including us.

‘This is it.’ I thought to myself. ‘He’s finally going to debut.’

The entire evening was spent screaming, cheering and fangirling over the members that we loved so dearly. All of them looked so different on stage but in the end, it was evident that they worked so hard to get where they wanted to be.

Even in the end, when Suho mentioned them going to China the next day, I couldn’t find myself wanting letting Luhan go. But I had to.

It’s just for a short while. I told myself. Besides, this is where he’s meant to be.

---

After the showcase, Ji Eun and I were led backstage to meet the others. We gave each of the members congratulation cards and laid out some food for them to eat. While everybody was busy getting out of their outfits, eating, and crying over having finally debuted, Luhan walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me on the cheek and leaned his head on my my head.

“Tired?” I asked him. He nodded and reached over to grab a piece of kimbap to pop in his mouth.  

“Not bad.” He commented.

“Yeah...Ji Eun made it, I can’t cook for my life.” I admitted. He chuckled.

“It’s alright.”

I looked around, wondering why he was allowed to be so openly affectionate with me all of a sudden. I mean, obviously the members were used to it by now but weren’t there other staff members around?

“Where’s your manager?” I asked him. He shrugged without care before letting me go, only to take my hand afterwards.

“Let’s take a walk.” He suggested. I nodded and followed him as he led me out into the hall, around the corner, and out the back door. I was surprised we didn’t run into anybody along the way.

“So...how did I do today?” He asked, grinning widely at me as we walked hand in hand. We almost turned the corner to the other side of the building but fangirls were easily heard by that entrance, waiting for the EXO members to leave the facility.

We turned around and headed the other way.

“You did pretty well.” I said casually. “But I just realized today how much competition I have.”

“What do you mean?”

“You can sing, you can dance, you’re handsome, cute, caring, nice. So many fans are after you. I’m scared I don’t stand a chance.” I admitted. I mean, after hearing about 200 girls shouting your boyfriend’s name at the same time, anybody would get intimidated.

I felt him stop beside me and before I knew it, he was facing me, giving me the most gentle, sincere smile I had ever seen before.

“There’s no reason for you to be scared.” He kissed me gently on the forehead before looking me in the eyes. “You’re the only one for me. Besides, you know me better than any of those fangirls do right?”

I nodded slowly and he kissed me on the same spot again.

“I’m going to miss you.” I told him as I fiddled with his fingers that were intertwined with mine. We began walking around the huge building again, enjoying the gentle breeze and the clear night sky.

“I already miss you.”

I laughed and slapped his arm playfully. “You’re so cheesy.” He laughed a bit too before speaking again.

“But I really will miss you Yoonae. You have no idea how much you mean to me.”

I took a deep breath and relaxed, letting it out before relaxing completely.

“I wish this moment would never end.” I told him.

But of course, life was never fair that way. We subconsciously rounded the corner only to find two straying fangirls waiting outside a door. All of us stopped and stared at each other for a brief second before reality hit us.

They stared us up and down, eyeing our entwined hands before looking at Luhan and then me. By then, all of us seemed to know what was going on.

“Run.” Luhan whispered under his breath and all at once, we dashed back to where we came from, hearing the two fangirls calling for Luhan behind us.

The girls seemed to be continuously following us as they kept calling out for him. Unfortunately, neither of us really kept track of how far we walked in the first place, only which which door we came out from. Luckily though, it wasn’t far and by the time we stepped inside, we lost them.

Without stopping though, we rounded into an empty corridor just in case they were still following us, before we stopped to take our breaths. Both of us leaned back against the wall, breathing heavily as relief rushed through us. We looked at each other before breaking out into a grin each.

“That was close.” I said after I had finally caught my breath.

He nodded. “You don’t think they got a picture in did they?”

“I don’t think so, they didn’t seem to have their phones out or anything and we got away pretty quickly anyways.”

“That’s true.” Luhan smiled and leaned his head onto my shoulder. “We should be safe.”

“Safe from what?” We immediately jumped apart at the sound of another voice. Looking up, we met the glare of a very familiar, fuming figure.

“Kris.”

 

---

A/N: Hiiii everyone~ So I hope you all liked the chapter. Thank you to all my subscribers, I'm glad you guys are sticking around and reading the story. I hope you're enjoying it.

Just some fluffiness for you guys =]

Please comment about what you liked/disliked about the chapter.

Love always,

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Luhan, Taemin, Kai, and Sehun's wifey