Medicine

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

There was something warm around me. Warm and soft. I sighed and snuggled closer to it, realizing that it must have been my blanket. I rolled around, the bed was comfy too but....why was I home all of a sudden. I didn’t remember going home, or going to bed.

My eyes shot open as I took in my surroundings. This most definitely was not my room. I scrambled to look for my phone to check the time or maybe call someone but all I found was a digital alarm clock that ready half past midnight.

I looked around, the room, the bed, everything seemed so familiar but I couldn’t figure it out.

A knock came at the door and slowly it opened revealing a smiling Kyungsoo.

“You’re awake.” He said quietly as he walked in with a tray of food and placed it on the bedside table. It was then that I realized I was in his and Jongin’s room.

“How are you feeling?” He asked as he sat on the bed and checked my temperature with the back of his hand. He grinned. “Your fever has gone down a bit.”

“Is that for me?” I asked him, nodding pointedly at the bowl of porridge he placed on the table. He nodded and picked it up, filling up a spoonful, blowing, and holding it out to me.

I gratefully ate the food and he kept feeding me until he was done.

“I’ll be right back with your medicine.” He said, standing up, but I stopped him.

“Oppa, can we talk?”

He smiled gently at me and sat down again, putting the tray aside, and making himself comfortable. “What did you want to talk about?”

“Um...what happened? How did I get here?” I asked him.

“Well...apparently you fainted in the hall and Jongin brought you into the dressing room in a rush. Afterwards we brought you back here, forced some medicine down your throat and you slept like a pig until now.”

“You said that Jongin brought me back?” I confirmed. Kyungsoo nodded, grinning.

“You know, he was really worried about you. He made sure that you took his bed and told everyone to be quiet to let you sleep.” He got up and gave me a hug. “Trust me, he’s not always a jerk.”

“And so he says...” I murmured causing Kyungsoo to chuckle. “We always end up arguing.”

“And you have no idea how amusing it is to watch you two some times.” I scowled at him and he laughed. ”I’m just kidding. You get some rest, I’ll call Jongin in here. You wanted to talk to him right?”

I nodded, suddenly nervous. What do I do when I see him? I don’t even know why he’s angry with me this time...he just is....

Before I knew it the door opened again and a presence loomed over me. I looked up to find Jongin standing there, looking at me with uncertain eyes.

“How are you feeling?” He asked me, scratching his neck uncomfortably.

“Better....thank you.”

“Aish~ I don’t even know why you’re thanking me. I didn’t do anything, I only got you mad and then I ignored you after when you tried to talk to me and I didn’t even realize you were feeling sick. I’m such a jerk.”

“Some times.” I admitted. Our eyes met for a moment before we both burst out laughing for no apparent reason.

“So you admit it.” I said to him. He rolled his eyes.

“I’ve been telling you that since day one!” We both laughed. Afterwards, he joined me in the bed, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we sat against the headboard. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

“I-I’m sorry about earlier, I really am. I shouldn’t have overreacted like that.”

“It’s okay.” I told him. “Can I ask you a question though?”

“What is it?”

I paused before continuing. “Why did you get so mad?”

He sighed. “Can I not answer that?”

“But I want to know what I did wrong!” I insisted, pouting. He looked over and chuckled.

“Don’t do that, you look ugly.” He told me. I glared at him and hit him on the chest quite hard. He flinched and choked a bit on air.

“What was that for!” He protested.

“You tell me!” I retorted.

“I was just joking.”

“Didn’t seem like it.” I grumbled and attempted to get out of his arms. I almost succeeded when suddenly I was pulled backwards again.

“Answer my question.” I told him. He shrugged it off and turned to the night table. I watched as he held out his palm with two pills in it. “Kyungsoo-hyung told me to give these to you.”

I frowned. “I don’t wanna take it.”

“Are you seriously afraid of taking medicine?” Kai asked exasperatedly as if I was a 5 year old.

“No! I just don’t want to take it.” I replied stubbornly. Ever since I was a child, I hated medicine. The artificial cherry flavour didn’t really help and when it switched to pills, I found myself avoiding anything medicine related for the longest time ever.

“Say ahhh.” He told me. I shook my head and turned away from him.

“If you be good and take your medicine, I’ll give you a reward.”

“What reward?”

He thought it over for a while before he gave me his infamous smirk. “A kiss.”

I scoffed. “Like I want a kiss from you-”

I jumped back slightly when I felt his body suddenly attacking me, his tongue sticking into my mouth, forcing me to choke down little tablets. I pushed him off me, disgusted by the sudden intrusion.

“You- I can’t believe you just-I...WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!” I screamed, completely forgetting about all the members sleeping in the other rooms.

He smirked. “A kiss.” He replied.

“That was not a-”

He cut me off again but pressing his lips full against mine. My eyes widened. When I didn’t respond he took my neck and pulled himself closer and that’s when I snapped.

I slapped him hard across the cheek and he immediately backed off with a hand pressed against the spot of impact. No one was supposed to do that. No one but Luhan. I immediately felt guilt piling up in my stomach as I thought about it. I just cheated on Luhan. I...

“I’m sorry.” Jongin’s voice brought me out of my thoughts. “Don’t cry.”

I didn’t notice that I was crying until now. I didn’t want this to happen, how was I supposed to tell Luhan that I just kissed his bandmate? Well he kissed me...but regardless...

“I’m sorry. Did I hurt you? You must be so angry with me right now. I-”

“...Luhan...” He stopped talking and dropped all contact with me. I laid down in his bed, pulling the covers well above my shoulders and turning away from him. Just as I almost lulled myself into a deep sleep, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind.

Despite everything that happened, I found myself relaxing in his arms, letting him pull me closer to his body.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered into my ear.

“I’m still mad at you.” I told him. In response, he wrapped his arms tighter around me.

“Well I’m mad at you too. It’s the second time you were on my bed and said some other guy’s name.” He tried to joke but I wasn’t pleased.

“I’m serious Kim Jongin. Never again.”

“I know. Never again, I promise.” He said warmly. “Don’t be such a cry baby.”

“Jongin!”

“I’m sorry.” He apologized again.

“Just let me sleep already, I’m tired.” I told him, the drugs were kicking in.

“No one is stopping you.” I sighed and gave up. Knowing him, we wouldn’t let me go even if I asked.

“Goodnight Yoonae.” He said softly to me.

“Goodnight.”

“Am I forgiven yet?”

“No.”


“Awwww.”

Was it because we were friends? Maybe because we’ve always argued with each other so much that it was just so natural for me to forgive him.

 

---

A/N: Hi everyone! I just realized it's been like....over a week or something. But I finally updated! More fluffiness for you guys =] I hope you all enjoyed it.

 

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Kai, Luhan, Chen, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Sehun and Chanyeol's Wifey