The Aroma of Coffee

I'll Never Break Your Heart

Ever since that day, I have been passing by her shop for days, weeks and soon enough a month came to an end. She would always look out from from her shop to look at my car but she often give out that nonchalant look. Well, maybe it's because of my image reflecting windows that made her not see me. Only I am able to look out at her while she only sees reflections of the shop next to her. I am suspecting that she does not remember my car the first time I came over.

 

I would usually just pass by her shop to see how she's doing. But I gotta be honest, that's not the only reason why I always came over. I felt as though I have a responsibility over her. I wanted to take care of her.

 

Well, that isn't a problem since my family is stable.

 

But as time goes by, I would park at the road opposite her shop until her shop closes. I realised that she has no staff members, might most probably be an independant business. I would see her smile while assisting her customers gracefully. She looked like the most prettiest angel surrounded by flowers. At times, she would dance to Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend that she blasted from the speakers in her shop. She would usually switch on the crazy songs from 9 - 11PM onwards since most shops will be closed by then. Some of the neighbouring shops are very kind too. They would send in their employees to deliver their leftover food to her to accompany her to the night.

 

Mental note: Repay their Kindness.

 

But sure enough, at some nights, she would just open up her book while swaying her head to a gentle song, most probably R&B since she would bob her head at times. Then one rainy night, as I was staring at her from my car while she was reading books in her shop, she looked up at my car. The way she stared at me made my feel invisible. She looked right through me but at the same time she looked as though she would say 'My guardian angel is here..'

 

She tilted her head, making my eyes dilated. Holy macaroons, have I rolled up the windows? Could she see me? I was panicking when she suddenly waved to me. My body just wouldn't move. My mind was really blank. I began to smile shyly as I attempted to wave back. She then looked at her hand, wondering if she has gone boncus to be waving at a car. I knew it. But as much as I knew, I was still quite happy that she waved. It woke up something in me that makes me want her more.

 

A few days after that, I came over right after work. Well, I went off earlier and drove to Ji Eun's shop. I parked my car and pulled down my chair. I took a look at her flawless face with a smile and took a nap. I was in a very good mood that day, I can't remember about what though but I was emitting a very good vibe ever since I woke up. After a nice nap near the most visited place I've been soo far, I finally woke up with a good stretch. I had a nice yawn then slightly lifted my body up to see my beautiful angel after quickly dashing my eyes on the clock.

 

9:47PM. She would usually still be reading now.. Wait, where is she? I was looking around for her when I heard a knock on my door. I quickly leaned back, afraid that she may see me but then I remembered that she can't really see me. So, I calmed my racing heart down as she whispered near my window.

 

JiEun: Hey, are you inside?

 

I didn't dare move a muscle. Instead all I was doing is just staring at her lips that were so close, I had a sudden urge to touch it.

 

JiEun: Please answer, I don't wanna sound like an idiot talking to a car.

 

I was afraid. Afraid that she will reject me the way she did the first time I can over. But nevertheless, it's not always you see her beg cutely. My fingers lingered in the air slowly making it's way to the button to pull down the window but then I saw her move, making me freeze.

 

JiEun: Oh well, I guess you are really not around. Anyways, I came to give you a coffee I just brewed. Thought that you would be cold. I'll place it on the hood, keep yourself warm, alright?

 

I didn't even realise that she was holding the beverage on her hands since I was busy aiming for her luscious lips. As she made her way around my car, she bumped on my side-mirror, making her flinch. She rubbed her arms while scrunching her nose as she pouts. Then, a scene came to my mind.

 

She reminds me of the girl I met at my Family's Snow Resort. I bump with a girl while casually walking to the lift. She reacted the same way; flinching and scrunching. After seeing her pout, my brain clicked!

 

OHMYFREAKINGGOODNESS! She's the girl I met over more than 7 years! This is bizarre! Is this fate? Am I dreaming? And I am falling in love with her? This is epic, just EPIC! Look at her! She grew up gracefully and elegantly. I barely recognised her at all. 

 

Once I saw her entering her Floral Shop, I opened my door slightly, reached out my hand and grab the cup. I shut the door close as the aroma began to roam around my car. I took sips of the most wonderful coffee I've ever tasted. My whole body was tingling as I saw her getting drowned in the novel she was reading. She had a little checkup on her coffee that is no longer on the hood. She giggled and softly shook her head. I held out my coffee in her gratitute. 

 

__

 

Now is 11PM, time for her to go home. She was packing up as I began to mentally wake myself. It has been as though I was at a picnic. I lied down and drank coffee then took a nap all by the angel's side. It was a very fulfilling day for me. She switched off the lights and carried her bag outside. After locking the door, she pasted a note on the door. She pasted it ever so gently when, on cue, her dad I presume fetch her and she went home. 

 

I gathered all my gather courage to go over. I know I may sound paranoid but I'm imagining that she would pop out from a corner to scare me. Okay, definitely PARANOID. Haha~

 

As I came closer, I read the note that made my day.

 

'You are a shy one, aren't you? Heehee.. Was my coffee nice? I bet you are a lovely guy. Do come out sometimes. I would want to meet my Guardian Angel that have been near me for quite some time.

 

Love,

My love

 

PS. It's awkward falling in love with someone that you don't see. <3~'

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay my dear followers! In Chapter 59, I have a poll for you to do so that I can continue with my story. Please check it out~

Don't forget to subscribe and comment this fanfic:D!~