Car Ride

I'll Never Break Your Heart

So, I was all ready. I was in my windbreaker with my hair tied-up into a ponytail. I was doing my last minute touch up when Dad called me down for breakfast before heading for the Resort. Just the thought of the trip is making me dizzy but at the same time, making my tummy filled with butterflies.

 

I was skipping down on the way when I saw Dad's mouth agape while looking at me. , I was suppose to be subtle in my actions. Damn it.

 

Me: Morning, Dad.

 

Dad: Morning my dear. Isn't someone happy today?

 

Me: Of course I am. I'm going to a resort with my friends. Why wouldn't I be?

 

Dad: Sure it's not about a guy?

 

How in the hell did he know? I tried to be as nonchalant as I can to answer.

 

Me: Nope.

 

I continued waiting for my toast that was sun-tanning in the toaster.

 

Dad had a grin on his face, obvious that he could detect my actions.

 

Dad: Okay, if you say so.

 

I quickly ate my toast, kissed Dad and went off.

 

~~

 

I was wearing my snow boots on the porch when I saw Mr Kim taking out the trash. After he reached the trash bin, he looked up to see me wearing my boots. He waved at me, showing his full set of teeth. I was flailing my arms and was smiling too widely, my eyes were pushed by my cheeks. Mr Kim began showing me a motion, telling me that I should open my eyes bigger. I would usually be quite intimidated but Mr Kim was an exception. He has always made me smile and I knew he referred it as a joke so I just showed him a cheeky smirk before he pointed to his house, indicating that he will be going back in for now. He waved me a tiny goodbye before heading in. As he was heading in, he was blocked by Kai at the door.

 

Kai was busy bringing his gears out when his eyes landed on mine and his action freezes. Mr Kim saw this and quickly shook his arms. I was busy laughing softly while continued to alter the boots on my feet. I tried to act as if nothing happened yesterday and that I didn't bother about Kai but it certainly didn't help. I was struggling not to pass out because at the corner of my eyes, I could see Kai stealing glances at me while wearing his boots. Then, Jaekyun arrived in her SUV. Surely that was her family's car since I've always knew that she had a normal KIA Cee'd that would fit only the History Girls. I guess she decided to bring it so that we could have a safe journey, easily passing by the snow since it's a four-wheeled drive.

 

Now, both of us were ready at the walkway waiting for Jaehyun to get out of the car to help us with our stuff. Kai shyly smiled at me while I just smirked. After Jaehyun assisted us with our snow gears, we got in the car at drove off.

 

Kai and I sat at the back seat since the seat was filled with a bag full of snacks for our trip.

 

Jaehyun: Hey JiEun, I hope you don't mind Kyungsoo-oppa bringing his friends.

 

Me: Nope, no problem at all. In fact, I know them.

 

Jaehyun: I hope Kris is there. He's really cute for a guy that barely smiles.

 

Kai was paying full attention to our conversation so I thought of just teasing him.

 

Me: I hope Baekhyun-OPPA is there. He's the cutest being I've EVER seen.

 

Kai's eyes began to dilate.

 

Kai: [Thought] Oppa?! Damn, I don't know whether to kill JiEun or to slap Baekhyun hyung!

 

Kai looked away and began immersing himself into the wilderness. I simply smiled in victory, making him finally fail as a guy. So much for having a pride, my dear. Your expression explains everything. MUHAHAHA!~

 

Soon, both Kai and I were getting rather restless. It has been around 2 hours since we left and we are not even near the resort. Jaehyun told us that we could take a nap while she drove. She fully prepared herself with 2 shots of Espresso to keep her awake and going so there was nothing we should be worried about. I shifted to the side so that I could get a comfortable position. But that idea soon vanished when something smashed on my thighs. I looked down, only to be staring at a pair of luscious, y lips. Then, without me even realising, my fingers were skimming through Kai's hair. He sort of moved but only to get himself comfortable. I had no idea what I has doing when my fingers traced his forehead, down to him nose and lands on his lips. I stared at it for quite some time but then I quickly shook my head.

 

I was so tempted to kiss him. But I had this disgusting feeling that he will do exactly what Sehun had done to me. What had I done wrong? I began looking outside at the wide open field but my head didn't want to look away from Kai for too long so I looked at him again. Slowly, my body began to close down to his face. But instead of attempting to kiss him, my eyes began to shut. My eyes were getting droopy and I felt asleep with my body hovering his head, my lips just by his ears.

 

I didn't have a dream though but the moment itself was dreamy. All I could remember was Jaehyun and D.O calling Kai and my name. I straightened my body and gave out a little stretch when Kai did the same thing, not going away from me at all. I looked out and saw everyone coming towards us so I patted Kai's arms softly and told him to get up.

 

Me: Kai, we've reached already. Let's go.

 

I whispered into his ears. He smiled with his eyes closed, enjoying every moment of it and soon sat upright, looking at me. Our eye contact moment got broken off when Tao opened my door.

 

Tao: JiEunnie! Welcome to the Snow Resort! Heehee, let's have fun!

 

I just nodded and gave him a hug. I gave Kris and D.O next but first, I did some handshakes with my History Class girls. We were laughing at how silly we all looked, all puffed up in our outfits. But among everyone there, Tao looked the worst. He reminds me of a penguin, walking around with everything that could warm a person. From gloves to multiple jackets.

 

Jaehyun: Okay guys, I'll accompany JiEun and Kai to their suites. Meet you guys at the Visitor's Bay Room.

 

We were led by Jaehyun to a building nearby.