Kai: Part 3 [End]

I'll Never Break Your Heart

There I was, standing at the door, hearing Mr Kim say that. What does he mean? I forcefully put a smile on my face and entered the room. I shouldn't have done so because my heart was not in the condition to face anything right now but since I've already entered, I have no choice but to continue with the plan.

 

Mrs Kim: I can't believe that the doctor asked us to cut his lifeline as soon as possible.

 

Mr Kim: But we can't do anything because his life depends on a machine. It kills me but I know that this will let his soul be in peace.

 

I dropped my Dim Sum and Root Beer. Am I even listening correctly? Well, maybe Mr and Mrs Kim could tell me that since they heard my Root Beer bottle shatter on the floor. Their vision shifted to me with their gaping mouth. I just blinked in confusion and in curiosity. They both led me to a chair next to Kai's bed and had a hard time choosing the right words. Mr Kim came in front of me, levelled himself to my height and held on to my hands as he rubs it with his thumbs.

 

Mr Kim: Baby, so I guess you've heard it. Would you support my decision?

 

My tummy was acting all weird again. I looked over at Mrs Kim, who was looking at me with a smile.

 

Me: What will happen to him?

 

They both smiled but it spelled sorrow everywhere. They handed me a set of papers, showing me an approval letter to allow Kai to 'depart to the Afterworld'. I started to tear up. Am I really gonna do this? Anyway, I slowly took my time to read every word that is stated in the document.

 

All around the paper, words and phrases like 'deceased' or 'wrist will be slit' haunted me. I couldn't believe that it will happen to Kai but then, after a horrible thunderstorm, there was a silver lining; a particular line attracted my attention and so I began reading it carefully.

 

'After the assistance of any machine supporting the patient has been terminated, if the patient is able to support itself within an hour, this document will be terminated.'

 

I didn't smile just yet. I knew I had that hope but after the way I saw Kai's body lying motionlessly at my side, I couldn't help but feel helpless myself. I handed Mr Kim the documents, leaving him to slowly fill up the document with Mrs Kim by his side. Whatever their decision was, I will trust that it will be the best for Kai. It must be, right?

 

I looked out of the window, staring at pretty flowers at the sides of the road. But then, flashes of the incident appear in my mind. I began crying, thinking whether it was my fault that led Kai to this horrible mess. Tear drops were running down my cheeks, slowly but filling up the entire space.

 

On hour later, a doctor came in with a submitted copy of the document done by Mr Kim.

 

Doctor: Sir, I am going to cut of his oxygen supply. I'm sorry.

 

Mrs Kim couldn't bare to watch and so left the ward. I was left there with Mr Kim who was all red-eyed, looking at Kai. Kai may be lying there motionlessly but his face showed the obvious sign of peace. He looked like he has already seen Heaven, getting all ready to go there permenantly.

 

The hour was up and the nurse came in with a couple of documents to confirm Kai's.. death. Yes, he was not able to support himself anymore and so, left us. My Kim was proud, nodding his eyes while crying.

 

Mr Kim: Sigh, my son. You have done your duties well, now go to Heaven where you can watch over us all. My son.. My son.

 

He said with all his pride. Mr Kim was proud of Kai, I could feel that Kai has done his duty well too as my boyfriend and now, I am willing to let him go. There was no doubt that I will love him forever but if I trully loved him, I should be able to move on. Kai, I love you with all my heart.

 

I took my bag, taking my leave but I turned to Kai who was still in the bed. Mrs Kim followed Mr Kim to confirm the papers and also donations of Kai's organs so I was left alone with Kai, waiting for the nurses to push his away. I came closer to Kai, closed my eyes and kissed him for the last time. His lips were still warm, giving me an impression that this is our final kiss together. I lift myself off the bed and made my way out of the room. I turned back for the last time and exited the room. If I knew better, I think Kai was slightly smiling at me. The smile's effect was so big that I was still smiling at the corridors, smiling like an idiot.

 

While being too happy, I didn't see a small commotion coming towards my way.

 

Doctor: Move, MOVE! We have a patient in critical condition here! Move!

 

As if I was imitating Micheal Jackson or something, I moonwalked to the walls at the side. I tried looking over at the patient but his face was cover but a huge guy that was assisting the doctors to push the bed. Nevertheless, I was able to see a hand, clutching on to his chest. I didn't want to seem too desperate on looking at the man so I moved out of there and finally walked out of the hospital. I made my way to the nearest bus-stop and remembered about the man earlier on. I prayed for him for a little while until my bus came. After that for the whole trip, Kai's peaceful and smiling face was used up throughout my whole trip home.

 

After reaching home, Mum and Dad came hugging me. I understood how they felt but this really puts a closure to our story. Thank you, God. Thank you for making it simple.

 

__

 

It was a cold night as I got ready for bed. It has already been 8 months. 8 months since I had a closure. Kai's funeral was made the day after he passed away. He was decided to be buried because both our families could not see Kai being turned into dust via cremation so we decided to bury him instead.

 

The night felt so familiar as I dipped my head out of the window. Wind was brushing my face smoothly as I close my eyes. I could feel a sudden warmth in me light up. I opened my eyes, landing its sight on Kai's room. I smiled, as I retreated back from the window. Just then, my phone rang.

 

Min: Hello?

 

Me: Yes, may I help you?

 

Min: I'm sorry, I'm finding Ji Eun. Is she around?

 

Me: Yes, Ji Eun speaking. May I know who is this?

 

I sudden laugh came from the phone.

 

Min: Hey, it's me! Min? Sehun's ex-girlfriend?

 

Me: Hahaha.. Yes, I know who you are Min.

 

Min: Thank goodness, I thought I must still refer myself as that idiot's ex-girlfriend. It's such a burden.

 

We both gave each other time to catch up. The night is still young after all but I wonder what was her intention of calling me.

 

Min: Actually, I was going to ask you whether you have any intentions of buying my Cafe? I am going to America to further my studies anyway. So, how about it?

 

It was great news! Finally, I could start a new life there. I agreed and told her that I would meet her tomorrow to sign the documents. To convince Mum and Dad was not hard at all. In fact, they were also too psyched that they began making arrangements on the furnitures. It was still gonna be a coffee brewing shop but mostly it's gonna be a Florist Shop since I've always had a soft spot for it.

 

I met with Min the next morning and we finalize everything fast. Mum and I checked out the place after I signed the papers. I hugged Min and she left to pack for her trip. She promise to keep in touch with me while being in America so, I will surely miss her. Mum brough in some some coffeebeans so that I could start brewing for the both of us but someone came in. Our attention shifted to the man.

 

Mr Jung: Min, you still here..?

 

His eyes landed on my mum's and later on, mine. It was Mr Jung Yunho, my teacher back in High School. I wonder what he was doing there.

 

Mr Jung: Ji Eun! What are you doing here? And you must be Mrs Yi.

 

He bowed to the both of us. He later told us that he was a regular there.

 

Me:[Thought] Aha, that figures.

 

Mum: Well, I guess you're gonna have a regular customer, Ji Eun.

 

I smiled and served Mr Jung his Cappiccino and he left. Then, we both laugh thinking what a small world it was. Soon enough, Dad came back from work and came over for a visit. I brewed his butter coffee and we had a great night together as a family. Before we left, I did not forget to brew 2 cups for Mr and Mrs Kim. They have been taking the sitaution well, in fact they have been very close to us that they practically are part of our family.

 

__

 

It have been 2 month since I've open and the business was wonderful. I didn't employ any staffs because I didn't want to burden anyone. Well, it was more fun anyway. I could use the time to read the books I have been procastinating. But one night, I was interrupted with a silver car stopping in front of my shop. A slim figure came towards my shop, looking very much curious. I have yet to see his face properly when he suddenly held on to his chest and slouched to the front, frowning. I knew something was wrong so I went out and helped him.

 

I was propping up his arm, helping him to sit down when I saw his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've seen him before. But where?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay! That was my LONGEEESSSSTTTT chapter EVAR!

I'm sorry to all my Kai fans~ TT^TT~ But I had to do it! I have no CHOICE!~ But, no matter, the story still goes on.

There will be NO sequel. At least not now:D!~

So, the story is already mid-way. How are eu guys feeling?:DDDDDD!~

Subscribe and comment~




Ouh and btw, eu guys figured out which MV this story is based on yet?:)~ Don't spoil it by writing it down at the Comment section, okay?:DD!~