Chapter 8

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A rhythmic knock sounded on the door. Jaejoong, with his head tied by a bandanna and dressed in clothes not fit to be seen in public, opened the door. Yunho, dressed in designer grubbies, stood in the doorway holding a bag of take-out Chinese food and a drink carrier with two mochas.

“Lunch delivery.” Yunho said holding up the takeaway packages.

“About time. I have to admit that I’m hungry.” Jaejoong laughed and stepped back a side.

Yunho stepped in and saw the sea of boxes and packing materials. “Uh..uh.. your house in a mess." He lookd at Jaejoong. "Where do you want me to put this?”

Jaejoong looked around and saw the coffee table was the only free flat surface. “The coffee table. We can sit on the floor.”

"Oui, monsieur."

Jaejoong shuts the door with a shook of his head.  “What has gotten into you today?”

Yunho puts everything on the coffee table and unpacked it. “I was reminded of the trip this morning, and it has given me hope that this might all work out.”

“The trip?”

Yunho pointed to the Paris picture. "That picture has gotten me here today."

Jaejoong sat across from Yunho at the small table. “Oh. That trip. I remember you nearly got us lost in Paris. I hope that isn't what you're talking about.”

“I didn't get us lost. I was just making sure we saw the most of Paris in the short time we had.”

“Yeah right. We were in a hurry to get to the train station, and you wanted to take the scenic route?” Disbelief still show on his face.

“All right. I admit it. I was a bit turned around.”

“Finally! After ten years you finally admit you were lost.”

“Not lost. Just turn around.” Yunho glared at him.

Jaejoong glared back at him. “What's the difference?”

Yunho didn’t answer instead he smiled at Jaejoong. "Let's eat first. The food is getting cold."

 

After their lunch they started packing, and the five big boxes are packed and set aside, piled by the door and what furniture that could be dismantled has been broken down. Jaejoong stands, disheveled, in the center of the room.

"I'll ask my staff to help you move these boxes. You just bring in your suitcases when you move in."

"Works for me. Thanks Yunho."

"What are you going to do with this furniture?”

“Sell what I can, and donate the rest.” Jaejoong looked around and spied the swan clay sculpture on the bedside table. “But I want to take this one with me.”

“Why are you taking this monstrosity?” Yunho asked, trying to show his serious face. He's actually trying hard to hold his laugh.  Teasing Jaejoong was turning out to be his favourite hobby now.

Jaejoong's gaze fixed on Yunho. “I made that as part of my final for my sculpture class senior year in college.”

“I know that, but the question still stands, though.”

“I'm not only taking it with me but I'm putting it up in the bedroom.”

“You mean our bedroom? At least at my current apartment, I only have one bedroom to use, remember?”

“Right.” Jaejoong whispered. ‘Our bedroom.’

"Fine by me."

"No argument?"

"If anyone breaks in through the bedroom window, I won't have to worry about him/her/them going after me." Yunho said with a chuckle.

It's already dark outside when they were sitting on the floor leaning against the wall next to each other. Not speaking. Surprisingly, in their situation, the silent felt uncomplicated and easy.

"Yes, all done! Did you need anything while I'm here?" Yunho asked. Jaejoong shook his head bemusedly, amazed as always at his mercurial moods.

“So dinner?” Yunho asked with risen eyebrows.

“I'm too tired to cook or go out.” Jaejoong immediately answered to him.

“I wasn't suggesting either one. I was asking which menu to choose from.” Yunho passed a pile of papers to Jaejoong.

“How about we order pizza and watch a movie tonight?"

“Pizza it is. Shall I get the usual order?”

Jaejoong's face lif up. “Please.” He nodded with agreement.

Yunho pulled out his cell phone and dialed the number. He ordered a large peporoni pizza, knowing that it was Jaejoong's favorite.

Jaejoong walked around the count

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter