Chapter 19

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho stood still in one place, he still not able to reply to him. He slowly took one step closer to Jaejoong and looked deep into his eyes. "No, Jae. I'm not going to leave you here for her. I'm not going anywhere but to you." Yunho pulled Jaejoong into a hug, and sandwiched Changmin in between them.

"Yunho..." 

Yunho watched Jaejoong whispered his name brokenly, his emotionless mask unsustainable. "Yes, Jae?"

“Does it really happen?”Jaejoong whispered.

Yunho sighed. “I think so.”Yes

Jaejoong looked up at him. “He’s your son, Yunho. Your son.” Jaejoong’s voice trembled.

Yunho grabbed a hold on Jaejoong’s shoulder. “Shush….Baby, don’t say that. Just because he looked like me, doesn’t mean he’s my son.” Yunho chuckled. Trying to ease the tension, trying to keep himself from running to the direction that Ara went; to look for her and ask her the question himself.

“Then why would Ara acted strange when she saw you holding that boy?”

Yunho shrugged. “I didn’t know. We didn’t know who the father of the boy is. Don’t jump into conclusions yet. Hey, we have a flight to catch, remember?” Yunho smiled to him trying to act cool. As if he doesn't care. But deep inside his heart.... only God knows. The beating of his heart was drumming so loud. 'What the hell is happening?' He ran his fingers through his hair.

Jaejoong eyeing Yunho. He knew Yunho cared but he also knows it’s not the same. When he looked at Yunho, there’s sorrow, guilt and sadness in his eyes, too. There’s relief and joy but also trouble and it keeps growing each passing moment. There is an unintended distance. A gap. Of time and… something else. No matter how hard he tried, feigned his confident smile, he still cannot hide his nervous.

'You are lying, Yunho. I know what you're thinking.' 

"I want to go home." Jaejoong whispered.

“Jae...”

“Let’s go home.”

"Of course, baby. If you say so. Let’s go home. It will take time for our driver to make a turn and come back here to pick us up, so let's just take the airport limo. Okay?"

Jaejoong nodded. Yunho repositions his arm so it's wrapped around Jaejoong's waist while they walk. As they walked towards the exit, Yunho realized that he needs to inform the airport authority and the captain of their flight about the cancellation of their private flight.

Jaejoong stopped walking as he felt Yunho's hand pulled away from his back. "What is it Yunho?"

"Sorry, I need to inform the captain about the cancellation of the flight. Can you wait here for just a minute? I promise I'll hurry."

He nodded. He watched as Yunho rushed back down the hallway leaving him alone with Changmin. Leaving him alone with his feelings.

'That boy is his son.That boy is his son.That boy is his son.' The words echoed repeatedly in his head.

He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, but quickly snapped them back open as he was assaulted with images of Ara and her son. He struggled to keep his tears in as he thought about her, about the boy and about Yunho. He tightened his hug on Changmin. Jaejoong felt trapped, like he was suffocating. His legs started to tremble. He was breathing hard. Fighting nausea. He didn't notice Yunho was coming back down the hall towards him.

"Jaejoong?"

"Yunho." He called out to him. He needed the comfort that only Yunho can provide. Yunho puts his arms around Jaejoong's waist and pulled the latter towards him. Jaejoong held onto Yunho desperately as though he was afraid Yunho would disappear.

"I'm not going anywhere Jae." He felt him nodded into his chest. "Jae, I know this is hard." He his hair. "But we'll be okay. Don't doubt that."

"I need to go home. I want to go home." He pushed away from him.

Yunho nodded, "Let's go home."

Both of them were quiet on the ride home. Jaejoong held Yunho's hand, never let go even for a brief second. Occasionally, Yunho will glance at him. Jaejoong acted like he didn't notice, but Yunho assumed JAejoong did when he felt Jaejoong's warm hand squeeze his slightly, as if telling him that he's alright. Changmin was sleeping all the way home.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter