Chapter 32

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are we going?" Asked Jaejoong, when they reached to his parked car. 

Yamapi opened the car door for him. "Is there anywhere in particular you want to go? I can take you there." He asked, looking at him.

"No. Not really. Whatever you've got planned will be more than fine with me." Jaejoong replied as he slid in the car.

"In that case, it's a surprise." He said smiling that devilish little smile of his and pushed the car door closed for him.

 As Yamapi drove, Jaejoong kept trying to get hints at what he could possibly be surprised with.

"Uh..." Yamapi stalled. "If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise." He glanced at Jaejoong. "You never know what's coming for you." Yamapi wondered if Jaejoong knew how nervous he was just being around him tonight.

"Touché." Jaejoong had smiled a bit before frowning again. "At least give me a hint." Jaejoong begged.  "Pleeease?"

Yamapi grinned. "Okay, but before that, we're going for our dinner first. How about western food for tonight's dinner?"

"Sure. I like western foods." Jaejoong nodded.

Yamapi stopped his car in front of a small, cosy restaurant almost hidden in a less Tokyo City street. It was almost empty, except for another couple and a lonely man eating in a corner. They chose a nice table by the window. The tables were covered with checkered red and white tablecloths. A waiter walked to them, greeted them politely and put two menus before walking away to let them decide what to order.

"This is my favorite place to eat western food. I hope you will like it too." Yamapi said. He observed Jaejoong's face for any signs of disapproval or discontent as he opened the menu and started reading it. 'He is so damn beautiful tonight.' Yamapi took a long breath and closed his eyes when exhaled. He had everything he really had ever wanted… he just had to remind himself of that. When he opened his eyes, he smiled. Today, of all days was the time for him to celebrate everything he’d gained. He thought intently as he fiddled with the menu. "So what you want to eat tonight?"

When he received no reply from Jaejoong, he looked at him over his menu. "Jaejoong, You're staring at the menu."

"Oh." Jaejoong cleared his throat and smiled at him, that stunning smile that made Yamapi's knees buckle if he was standing. "I'm sorry." Jaejoong replied.

"Stop freaking out."

"I am not! Why should I?"

Yamapi smiled at him. "Let's order."

Yamapi called the waiter and ordered their food. While waiting for their food to arrive, they started talking, teasing each other about the simplest of things.

“The seafood pasta, sir.” Spoke the waiter suddenly and placed the plate on the table in front of Jaejoong. "And your Fettuccini Alredo, sir. Please enjoy your dinner."

"Thank you." Jaejoong smiled at him.

Taking fork in hand, Jaejoong dig into his food, and chewing it happily. "Mmm... oh my gosh, Yamapi, you have to try this." He speared the pasta in his fork and extended his fork across the space between them. Yamapi reached forward, his lips parted, and took the proffered delicacy in his mouth, chewed and swallowed, smiling.  "Apparently you've chose the best restaurant for our dinner." Jaejoong who nodded his agreement with wide eyes.

"That's why this is my favourite place." He was grinning, so happy that Jaejoong like the food. He had ordered Fettuccini Alredo with extra sauce, which had been one of his favourite foods and he hadn't eaten in many years. He put a bit on his fork and held out his fork for Jaejoong. "This is amazing too."

Jaejoong leant forward, took the noodle into his mouth, some of the sauce dripping onto his lip. Before he could do anything about it, Yamapi had reached over and wiped it off with his thumb. Jaejoong looked at Yamapi, he could feel the heat rising in his cheeks. 'Stupid heart. Why are you beating so fast?'

"Was it good?" Yamapi asked.

"It is. You should have told me sooner about this restaurant. Okay, we'll be definitely coming here very often." Jaejoong cocked his head then smiled.

Yamapi felt like a deer caught in headlights. Did Jaejoong have any idea at all what that smile did to him? His heart seemed to grow in his chest to fit all the love he fell for Jaejoong into it. Suddenly there was no one else in the room, no one else in the world.

They silently finished their meals, their eyes doing the talking for the rest of the minutes that consuming the food before them took.

“So, would you care for dessert?” asked the waiter as he came over to check on the couple 

Yamapi looked at Jaejoong. "Jaejoong?" He asked.

“We have another place to go.” Jaejoong reminded him.

Yamapi smiled. "I’ll ask for a check. I can't wait to go there too." Yamapi murmured softly.

Jaejoong heard him. "Ah... Yamapi,  about that. Can you give me a hint now?"

"All right. Well, it’s going be cold and a lot winds." Yamapi said as he wiggled his shoulders.

His head snapped up straight and he stared at Yamapi. "You didn't!?" Jaejoong exclaimed.

"I just did!"

"You're taking me to the Cherry Hill?" Jaejoong said, looking up at him. He lets his mouth fall slightly open. Yamapi smiled in response, “I always wanted to go to Cherry Hill.” Jaejoong exclaimed.

“Well since tonight is a special night, that’s why I'm taking you there." He glanced at him. 'A night to remember.' He added silently in his head. "It's going to be a bit chilly later, so I brought a spare jacket for you."

"Very thoughtful." Jaejoong murmured. Smiling.

After another one hour drives, Yamapi turned into a parking spot at the observation point on top of the hill and turned off the car engine, turning to Jaejoong as he pulled out the keys from the slot. The road lighting was bright enough for them to enjoy their date. There were few more cars parked nearby at the parking lot.

“You ready?"

"Of course" Jaejoong smiled at him. He slid out of the car.

Yamapi grabbed their takeaway coffee cups as he exited the car went to sit the car hood.

Jaejoong took a deep breath inhaling the fresh air of the night. “I always wanted to come here. It's so beautiful just as I dreamed of. And the full moon, it's just perfect!” Jaejoong said turning to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter