Chapter 6

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So why the switched in brides? What happened with Ara? Last time you told me you were going to work it out with her.”

Yunho sighed before he looked down at the floor. Taking a deep breath he straightened up and leaned against the back rest of the couch. After a brief silence fell between them, Yunho clasped his hands together and looking up to his grandpa without lifting his head too much, he said,  "Ara didn't want to work it out. She turned me down last Friday and refused to talk to me except to say she never wanted to see me again.” He answered in one go.

“Did you want the vice presidency position that badly?” Grandpa asked sarcastically.

Yunho's eyes widen a little and he slouched on his seat.“What makes you think that, grandpa?”

“You showed up here engaged to a person who's been in love with you for the last ten years.” Grandpa gave Yunho a sharp stare, the intelligence in his eyes quite dominant at that moment.

Yunho stared at him. "I...what...?" he managed, totally thrown by the callousness in grandpa's voice. He tilted his head, "What does that mean?" he asked, hearing how clueless it sounds. “Jaejoong?” Yunho directed his gaze to Jaejoong. He straighten up his body and searched for the beautiful face. His eyes traced over the slender features, the black eyes, the straight line of his nose, the softer curve of his pink lips…… 'He loves me? He can't possibly... For ten years?' So many questions running in his head. For some reason, this made him nervous. Which was ridiculous, and honestly, rather confusing.

“You didn't know?” Grandpa asked when he noticed the confused look in Yunho's expression.

"No." he answered softly, shaking his head. “I didn’t..... realize. But, he does play an important part in my life.”

“It's been obvious to anyone who bothered to look. Since you didn't look and see the obvious, you can't tell me you're marrying for love so what else am I supposed to think but you want that promotion so badly you'd use your best friend?”

Yunho thought for a while before answered. “Maybe I just felt it was time to settle down and Jaejoong . . . well… I don't know why he agreed but it's what we want.”

“I hope it works out the way you want.” Grandpa smiled in return.

Yunho couldn't help but draw his eyebrows together uncertain about... well, the whole thing. “Grandpa, you are actually okay with this? I mean... me and Jaejoong. You’re not angry?”

The old man just chuckled. He was about to answer when Jaejoong came over with his drink and a spare for Yunho. “I brought you your drink, Yunho.” Then he turned and smiled at grandpa.

Yunho took the drink and whispered to him, “Thanks, but he guessed it's not a love match.” he admitted shyly.

“Mmm.” Jaejoong chuckled. They grinned at each other for a second. Jaejoong merely pinched the bridge of his nose with a smile, already embarrassed in advance. He leaned in and whispered "It's your fault, Yunho. For making it obvious! How embarrassing…" His voice was above a murmur.

Yunho just shrugged his shoulder.

“Yunho, why don't you come over here and tell us about your plans.” Mrs Jung patted the empty space on the couch next to her. Yunho went to sit next to his umma.

Grandpa turned to Jaejoong. “So Jaejoong, why are you marrying my grandson?”

Jaejoong nearly choked on his drink. He can’t believe how nervous he was. He turned to look at Yunho,  and realized that he's actually waiting for an answer.  He surely isn't blushing now. He can feel Yunho watching him closely, studying his face as he figured it out, and he nodded slowly. "Uh—" It takes him a second to find his voice; his throat has gone dry. “Because I love him.“ He said it softly. He'd been super careful with how he answered any inquiries about his 'plans' with Yunho.

Grandpa reached out and touched Jaejoong on his shoulder. “I believe you do. Good. He'll need some persuading.”

“Persuading of what?” Jaejoong asked calmly, his eyes watching for any sudden tension or nerves.

“Why, that he loves you too, of course.”  The response from grandpa is pleasing. He’s smiling as well and there’s softness to his face. 

Jaejoong felt his cheeks flush but did not let his eyes wander off Grandpa as he tried really hard to come up with some kind of response. “Are you sure? We've been friends along time and he never said anything.” He looked up to see Yunho star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter