Chapter 1

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr. Jung, your grandfather is on line two now.” His assistant informed, standing by the door

Jung Yunho stared at the blinking red light on his desk phone. “Right” he said. “Thanks Sunny. Put him on hold.”

“He said that it’s very important,”

“If it’s very important, he’ll wait. Or, you just tell him I’ll call him back.” Yunho said.

Jung Yunho, a thirty-three year-old, successful business man, loves his grandfather dearly, but he didn’t need the old man meddling in his life matters. However, he knew why his grandfather had called. He grabbed his keys and stalked out of his office.

On his way out to his car, he stopped in the middle of the grand lobby of Jung Corp. It’s five thirty in the evening. Deliberately he straightened his tie and plastered a smile on his face. Yunho was grinning from ear to ear, his mind whirling with glorious possibilities and satisfaction knowing that his grandfather was finally acknowledging he was good at what he did. Jung Corp, had been founded by his grandfather, Jung Jaehon, seventy six years old, and planning his retirement soon. Yunho was offered a promotion as vice president and to take over the business. It's not a big deal to him since he’d been in the business for more than ten years. He knows everything he should know. Everything was easy for him, except for one thing, his grandfather had set a rule that he must be married in order for him to get the promotion.

Well, still not a problem to him either, since he already has a girlfriend, Kim Ara, a twenty five year old beauty, he'd been dating for two years. When he met Ara at his company's dinner she had just broken up with her boyfriend. So they enjoyed each other's company and became close and now, Yunho realized that it’s time for him to settle down and Ara is the one for him.

He had planned it. Well. Everything was ready and all he had to do now is to pop out the question. He couldn't allow anything to go wrong. Not this time. Tonight’s dinner is  special. This is going to be the night he proposes to Ara.

There he is now, waiting at a table in a trendy French restaurant, dressed for a night out on the town. He glanced at his watch, saw that it was twenty minutes after seven and wondered what had happened to her. He had expected she'd at least be there by seven.

Yunho smiled when he saw Ara stride in. He rose from his seat as Ara approached him. “Hi.” He said moving around the table to her, placing his hand on her waist and kissed her cheek.

“Hi.” She replied as she received the kiss. Yunho holds the chair out for her. "Sorry I'm late." She exclaimed.

Yunho pushed her chair in, and took his seat. "What happened Ara? You look quite awful."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter