Chapter 25

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Yunho woke up the next morning, the entire house was filled with the sweet smell of maple syrup and bacon. He got up, jumped in the shower, put on his office suit that were already laid on the bed, kissed his sleeping son in his crib before he went to the kitchen.

Jaejoong hummed to himself cheerily while cracking eggs into a pan when Yunho walked into the kitchen. "Morning, baby.” Yunho gave a peck on his lips and stood next to Jaejoong watching him scooping the eggs onto a plate.

“Breakfast is ready.” Jaejoong said.

They spent the next fifteen minutes eating their breakfast and happily chatting to each other about anything that came into their heads. They loved their morning's together, It was a lovely time where it was just them before all the happenings of day to day life came upon them.

Yunho left a kiss on his forehead before he left for office. Jaejoong closed the door and went back to the kitchen to clean up the table. He almost had done with his routine when the doorbell rang.

'Did he forget something?' Jaejoong wondered but immediately headed to the door.

When he opened the door, “Ara. What are you doing here? Yunho is at work.” His heart was beating uncontrollably. He knew there’s nothing good about her present today.

“I’m here to see you.”

Jaejoong stared at her. “How did you get up here?”

“I’m Jung Yunho’s wife, remember?” She flashed a copy of her marriage certificate. "And the new security guard was so dumb clueless." She added sarcastically. “I won't take long, so, you want to invite me in or you just want to talk here?”

Jaejoong opened the door wider.

"Thank you." Ara stepped in. She looked aroung the house. "Nice house." She compliment with her sugar coated voice.

"You're not here to check on my house." Jaejoong said from behind her back.

Ara laughed. She turned to Jaejoong. "No. There’s something else I wanted to tell you.”

The smirk she had on her face was something Jaejoong wanted to slap off at the moment. “What is it?” His heart started to pounding.

She looked at him without blinking. “I just make it short. No matter how hard for me to say this, I have to tell you. I’m not going to sign the divorce paper. I’m not letting Yunho go again this time. I love him since last time and until now I'd always loves him.” Her voice was stern and clear.

Jaejoong eyes widened dramatically.Her words was a lightning hitting his heart. He couldn’t believe what he just heard. So his instincts were right. He tried to speak, but no words came out. He was absolutely speechless.  His body was shaking. The silence settled in heavily around them. Jaejoong closed his eyes, breathing in through his nose and keeping his mouth clamped tight. There was something about the tight space that made him feel like screaming. 'Was this real, or is all of this a dream?'

 “How would you force Yunho to stay with you?” He managed to asked her.

“I will tell him that… that I will take Karam away from him and he will not see his son again for a very long time. And don’t blame me if Karam hate his father’s guts for choosing you over him. What's more if he knew his father left him for a man and chose to live with an adopted son rather than his own son.”

“You cannot do that to Yunho, Ara. You know that's not true!” Jaejoong barked out, his hands clenching into fists.

She gave out a sarcastic smile. “Oh yes, I can. And I’m sorry in advance if I have to do it."  There was no sincerity in her tone. "Jaejoong,  Karam is his son.  I didn’t want Karam to grow up without his father. “

"I trusted him. He will not leave Karam alone after everything that he put in through." Jaejoong muttered.

"You shouldn't have trusted me."

"And you think Yunho will take you back and love you like before?"

"Time will erase memories."

“You’re killing me, Ara.”

“I know. Again, I'm sorry. But as a mother, I will fight for my son’s right and get back what was mine.”

"You left him Ara!"

"I was forced and you knew it! I didn't have a choice!"

"That still doesn't justify what you're doing now!"

"Do you think I even care?"

Jaejoong stared at her. "You will never stop, aren't you?"

"No. I'll keep coming here until I get what I want. Just brace yourself." She said with a finality.

Jaejoong stared at her in horror at how calmly she was speaking. He had never experienced pain on this level. Agony tore through him like flames; it consumed him everywhere. He felt as though he cannot breathe, as though the walls are closing in on him, and it seems like a part of him has died. Trying desperately to inflate his lungs he saw something moving out of the corner of his eyes.

Without another word, Ara left.

Changmin’s loud cry from the bedroom woke him from his nightmare. With each breath that Jaejoong took, his other senses returned as he made his way back to the world of sight and sound. He picked Changmin from his crib and held him tight.

"I can't let you grow up like this, Changmin," Jaejoong whispered rubbing the back of his baby. Jaejoong closed his eyes, refusing to let the tears come. He kissed on Changmin's forehead, and ce again to stare outside.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Yunho, you’re back.” Jaejoong gave Yunho his sweet smile when he opened the door later that day.

Yunho noticed his puffy eyes. “Jae, your eyes were swollen. Have you been crying?”

Jaejoong looked blankly at him, then smiled cheerfully to cover up the fact that he had been crying. "No, I have not. It's just something got into my eyes when I was making dinner.” Lie.

"Jae, you can tell me, what's going on?"

Jaejoong smiled weakly. "I'm just not feeling well, that's all." He muttered. Yunho nodded, but he was convinced, that wasn't the whole truth.

“Jae,”

“Are you hungry, Yunho? Dinner is ready.” Jaejoong cut him.

Not arguing anymore, “All right, I’ll take a shower first. Give me ten minutes.” Yunho said, eyeing Jaejoong as the latter walked to the kitchen.

Jaejoong was waiting at the dining table in the dining hall when Yunho came out from the bedroom. Changmin was seated on his baby chair playing with his baby's rattle. Jaejoong tried to keep awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter