Chapter 15

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, are you still nervous about the meeting, Yunho" Jaejoong glanced at Yunho as they stepped out from the elevator at the second floor where the lawyer's office was located.

"I was. But now not anymore.” Yunho said, he glanced sweetly at Jaejoong who smiled back as they both walked down the corridor holding hands. When they reached the door to the meeting room, Yunho grinned again as his expression and opened the door. He let Jaejoong walk in first, then he followed and shut the door behind him. Mrs. Jung and the other two Vice Presidents of Kim Corp., Kim Daehim and Park Jaeshik, had arrived earlier.

Park Kimsoo, the lawyer, was sitting behind his desk nods to him acknowledged his arrival with Jaejoong.

Yunho went to shake hands with all the gentlemen in the room and took a seat in an empty wingchair, while Jaejoong took his seat next to Mrs. Jung on the couch after received a kissed on his cheeks from his mother-in-law.

Kim Daehim, Ara’s father and a Senior Vice President of Kim Corp. was sitting in the other wingchair next to Park Jaeshik.

“We are all here.” Mrs. Jung acknowledged to the lawyer.

 Park Kimsoo looked up at her and smiled. “We're just waiting on one more person.”

The room fell into a dead like silence. Everyone was looking at the lawyer. In a second, there’s a knock at the door. The door was opened, “Sorry, I'm late.”

All heads and eyes turned to the voice coming from the door way. And to everybody’s surprise, Kim Ara breezed in, looking like a fashion plate as she is in head to toe bright red.

Jaejoong froze as gentle whispering filled his head, unable to believe who just came in.

Yunho hopped from his seat.  “What are you doing here?” Yunho questioned her.

“I was invited.” She chuckled lightly in annoyance that made Yunho stared at her with wide eyes.

Had he heard that right? “By who?”

“That would be me.” The lawyer answered from behind his desk.

Yunho turned to the lawyer. “Why?”

“Because she has business here.”

"What does she have to do with this, today?" Yunho asked, trying to hide his obvious anxiousness.

The lawyer cleared his throat. “We will go through that later. Miss Kim, please take your seat.” He's trying to ease the tension that building in the room.

Yunho stared at her a minute. And she stared back at him, like they're secretly having silent communication with each other.

"Okay," Was what Yunho was saying, his tone suspiciously mild. He walked to Jaejoong to sit on the armrest when Jaejoong stood up and gave his place to him. Jaejoong went to stand behind him, who remained impassive, his eyes blinking at slow intervals. Jaejoong put his hands on Yunho's shoulder.

Kim Ara took Yunho's vacated chair, folding her leg over the other as she mulled things over. Her face still beautiful and emotionless mask, closed her eyes, not like she was tired, as if to help her calm down.

The lawyer took his seat “Shall we begin?” Park Kimsoo asked, after he made sure that everybody nodded, he adjusted his glasses and started reading the will.

“To summarize, Mr. Jung Jaehon left his fifty-five percent shares in the company to be split amongst Mr. Jung Yunho, Mr. Kim Daehim, Mr. Park Jaeshik and Mrs Jung Juri. Mr. Jung Yunho will receive thirty-three percent of the said shares, while Mr. Park Daehim and Mr. Park Jaeshik will receive five percent respectively. Mrs. Jung Juri will receive five percent.

The lawyer looked and smiled at Yunho. "This will also state that, Mr. Jung Yunho is now the appointed President of Jung Corp. starting from today.”

“How about the other two percent of the left share?” Yunho asked.

“I will come to that Mr. Jung.” The lawyer replied, looking at him and continued. “The house and grounds, he left to Mrs. Jung Juri.”

Yunho raised his hand and the lawyer noticed him. "Yes, Mr. Jung?"

“When did you say my grandfather wrote this?”

“He updated this will earlier this week and signed it just before the wedding.” Park Kimsoo shuffled the papers.

Yunho nodded and Park Kimsoo continued. “Mr. Jung Jaehon left trusts to the Historical Society and the hospital for five hundred million won each." He paused before he continued. "Mr. Jung Jaehon bequest two percent of the company shares left…" He looked up at Ara. "….to be allocated to Ms. Kim Ara or five billion won in term of cash.”

"That.... was interesting." Ara stated with a nod. She folded her arms on her chest.

Yunho's mouth dropped open like a drawbridge.

Jaejoong gasped.

Kim Daehim looked at his daughter.

The room was deathly quiet.

Kim Ara seemed amazed and stunned. She just sat there and could feel the burning gaze, knowing all eyes were on her. She tilted her head to the side and smiled almost automatically.

“Any other assets both real and monetary are left to be divided equally between Mrs. Jung Juri and Mr. Jung Yunho and his spouse.  That concludes the last will and testament of Mr. Jung Jaehon." Lawyer Park Kimsoo took a pen and seemed scribbled something on the paper.

The silence in the room suddenly seemed so heavy that the clock ticking on the metal piece as if it had been magnified a hundred times can be heard.

“He le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter