Chapter 2

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho opened his apartment's door and stumbled in. He tossed his suit jacket at a chair and shuts the door before stumbled further into the apartment. He removed his tie and dropped it on the back of the couch as he reached the living area. He walked to the liquor cabinet set against the far wall. He opened the door and grabbed a bottle of whiskey.Millions of thoughts were racing in his mind. Each leaving a pang of guilt as he thought about them. He doesn't have a hint or a clue of what was happening to Ara.

On his way to the living room, he grabbed the headset of the phone on the desk and boozed. He sank down into the corner of the couch, opened the whiskey and drank straight from the bottle. He wedged the bottle between him and the arm of the couch and dialed a number. The phone on the other end rings the longest time and finally the answering machine clicked on.

'You've reached Ara. Leave a message.'

"Ara, pick up. . . Why won't you pick up?"  He took another swig from the bottle. "I just don't understand. Why did you leave? Was it something I did?"  There was a long paused. "That's it, isn't it? I did something. Just tell me what it is and I'll fix it."

The answering machine beeped indicated the end of the voicemail.

"." He took another gulp of his drink and then hit the redial button again.

'You've reached Ara. Leave a message.'

“Ara, give me some idea what it was I did. I need to know why.  Just tell me why." Pause. "I guess you're not talking so I'll leave you alone since that seemed to be what you want.” He hung up. He picked a throw pillow on the other end of the couch and threw it at the mantle, knocking off a picture of him and Ara together, breaking the frame. He clutched the bottle to his chest and got up. He drained the bottle as he wobbled towards the bedroom. He kicked off his shoes and took off his belt dropping it on the floor. He dropped the empty bottle on a chair by the door and stumbled towards his bed. He reached the foot of the bed and fell forward, sprawled face down on his bed, asleep.

The sun shone on Yunho, who was still face down on his bed. He swats at the light and hits himself in the head to be more awake. He groaned and rolled over with a lot of effort. “Ugghhh.”, he groaned as he sat up and looked around his room. Ara's spare robe taunts him from the chair on her side of the bed. “Awww…. hell.” He sat forward and put his head in his hands and shook his head.

He levers himself up right and staggered to the closet. He grabbed her clothes by the hangers and threw on the bed. He stalked into the bathroom and scooped up her toiletries and tosse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter