Chapter 26

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho couldn't hear no more. He put his cell on the bed beside him. Tears started to roll down again on his face. His Jaejoong was gone. He couldn't believe it. Yunho rocked slightly back and forth and ran his hand through his hair. "No!!" He shouted. He cried silently as he fell roughly onto the bed. He grabbed Jaejoong's pillow and curled around it. Tears still running on his cheeks. "I love you. I love you. I love you." They were the only words that could escape his lips at the moment.

The cleaners have left after they completed their job. The whole house seemed so quiet all of a sudden. So empty. Yunho never felt so empty in his life. Jaejoong was always the one by his side when he needed someone. Before or after their marriage. He felt so useless… so weak… without Jaejoong. He didn't know how long he was lying on the bed when he heard the doorbell rang. Sighing, he lazily opened his  eyes as he sat up slowly from the bed. He opened the door to see his umma in the door way with a worried look on her face. Yunho just left the door open and went to sit on the couch. Mrs Jung walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Yunho," Mrs Jung said as she placed her hand on Yunho's shoulder.

"He left, umma. Jaejoong left with Changmin." Yunho wiped the tears that were stained on his cheeks.

Mrs Jung sat next to him.  "Yunho, umma didn’t know what’s really happened between you and Jaejoong. You said everything was fine. That, Jaejoong had agreed with your arrangements and he accepted this temporary divorce. But now what happened?" She looked at her son with serious, concerned gaze.

"I don't know, umma. I really have no idea. He was fine until this morning. We were supposed to meet for lunch today.  I did my best to stay by his side all the time. I never let him be alone, umma."

"Umma know it has to do with your marriage with Ara. There must be some misunderstanding." She sighed. “Umma know, somehow, he will be hurt although not until to the extend he will leave. Have you two been fighting?”

“No.” He shook his head. "I don't understand why he leaves so sudden like this? It's only tomorrow. Jeajoong knew very well that tomorrow I will sign the divorce papers with Ara." He choked out the words in between his own dry sobs.

"Mmm.. did Ara ever get a chance to talk to Jaejoong? Umma mean... just the two of them?"

He looked at his umma. "What are you talking about, umma? Of course I don't let her meet Jaejoong. I won't even let her be near Jaejoong." It took him few seconds to register what his umma just said. His forehead crumpled. Now he wondered if Ara reallyhad spoken with Jaejoong. But how? He had never thought of the possibility of them two meeting behind his back. He was reminded though that Ara was still the same little c ub he knew before.

"Maybe she came here when you're at your office."

A thrill of fear ran up his spine. His heart beat hundred times faster; he could feel his palms getting sweaty. "I'm going to check with the security." He immediately ran towards the door with his umma running behind.

The lift ride down to lobby seemed very slow. Yunho keep pressing the button with his trembling hand as if it will make the lift to go down faster than usual. He entered the security room without knocking. "I want to see the security video recording for yesterday and today. I have an urgent matter I need to find out."

The security officer was shocked with the sudden intrusion but seconds later after he recognised him, shook Yunho's hand and leading him to a desk with TV monitors. Mrs Jung glanced at Yunho, sat next to him.

Yunho only concentrate one showed the entrance running up to the lift. Yunho pressed the play back button, bringing up the image of  Kim Ara entering lobby and walked straight to the security counter. He watched as she took out a piece of paper from her handbag and showed to them. She was standing just a few feet from the camera. Then one of the security officers escorted her to the lift and they went inside. Yunho just kept quiet throughout watching the recording. A few moments later, the recording showed Ara walked out from the lift with a smile on her face to the main lobby and out through main entrance. Yunho pressed stop the video player. Yunho sighed and slumped on his chair.

Yunho's mother gaped, like she couldn't believe what she just saw. "Oh my God!! She did come here!"

"I want to see the recording for this morning." He said, looking at the security officer. The security officer nodded and played the said recording as Yunho's requested.  "Can you leave us alone for a while?" Yunho asked.

"Yes, Mr Jung. I'll wait outside."

Yunho keep pressing the forward button until he saw what he was looking for, his angel, Jaejoong, walking with Changmin in one arm and the other hand pulling the suitcase. Jaejoong wore his baseball cap and keep looking down while walking. Yunho could feel his heart broke into pieces every second he looked at his angel. He cannot hold his tears any longer. He kept his silence, burying his face in his hands. His shoulders shook as the tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Yunho." Mrs Jung put her hand on his lap.

“I hurt him, Umma. I hurt him so badly. “I shouldn’t have done that. I was stupid to trust Ara.” Yunho managed through his muffled sobs.

Mrs Jung pulled Yunho into a hug. “Look umma know it hurts. But umma want you to be strong. Jaejoong must have a reason for doing this.  He loved you, Yunho. Maybe he needs sometimes to be on his own for a while. We'll find him. You must find him and bring him back. Promise me Yunho."  Mrs Jung said as she wiped his tears. She continued. “We hurt him, Yunho. You and umma, we both have hurt him. We did wrong to him." She gripped on Yunho's hands. “Yunho, please make sure Ara didn’t take Karam away after you divorce her tomorrow. Umma didn’t trust her now. We already lost Jaejoong and Changmin.”

Yunho looked up at his umma. “Karam.” He murmured. He immediately stood up and walked out of the room leaving his umma alone. He went to his car, fished out the key from his pocket and slid in. He started the engine and off he went. Tears still rolled down his eyes as he drove to Ara's house. Yunho pulled over in front of Ara's apartment building, stepping out of his car and sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter