Chapter 24

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week later.
 

'Jae, I'll be home late today. I'm going to see Karam after work. It's his birthday today. I totally forgot about it. Ara reminded me just now.'

"uhh...Will you be home for dinner?"

'I think you better not to wait for me. I'll see you later. '

The moment the line went dead, his heart did as well. Jaejoong hangs up with a sigh. It has been the second time this week Yunho didn't come home for dinner.

His mind raced. He had no idea why he was letting him do this to him. He told himself he should try to get away, but his body refused to move. He told himself he should be pissed, but his emotions refused to cooperate.

'Just face this fear. Get it over with. It will pass.' He took a deep breath and nod once.

 

Jaejoong had quit his job at the Private Art Academy to take care of Changmin himself. With his free time, he and Changmin enjoyed following Yunho on his business trips and filling his other times doing paintings. Yunho had prepared a special room for him in their new luxurious penthouse as his painting room.

Jaejoong walked over to Changmin’s room. The little boy was sleeping in his crib peacefully. He smiled before walked to his painting room.

Sitting in the chair, Jaejoong stared at the canvas of his unfinished painting that he had started a month ago. He'd imagined his painting to be bright and colourful. He scanned over at the canvas and he breathed in sharply not having a single idea what he was doing. He grabbed his paintbrush and started roughly. The canvas was painted with splotches grey that all faded into each other. At the bottom of the canvas, like platform, was a sea of daisies. Their stems had withered and curled, it's black surface bent at odd angles like they were crushed and trampled beneath someone's foot. That's not what he had planned to paint at the beginning.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Yunho and Ara sat there silently watching Karam playing with his new toy brought by him. Yunho knew Ara was looking at him, waiting for him to say something.

“What’s wrong?” Yunho asked.

In his quest to give his son his family name, he’d somehow become exactly her husband and the life she’d left behind. And for every one of those last three years, she slowly became aware of the magnitude of her mistakes. Ara sighed. “Never in my life I’ve thought of having this moment with you. As a family.”

“Ara, you know how true it is that this is just temporary.”

“I know. Can you stay here for one night?”

“That was ridiculous request, Ara. You know that will never happen. I have Jaejoong and Changmin waiting for me at home."

“I’m not going to do anything with you, Yunho. I just want to talk with you.”

“About what?”

“I don’t even know,” She laughed helplessly. “I kept thinking we’d have so much more to say to each other, so much to catch up on. I can only wish I’d never let you go, Yunho.”

"We don't have anything more to talk about, Ara. Our marriage now is just a pretence, as you already know. I do not want to make things any more complicated between me and Jaejoong. This will come to an end soon. You're the mother of my child, that's all between us."

‘I can’t believe he’d do this to me… how could he be so cruel… does he not know how much I need him to stay with me.’ Ara thought to herself trying to fight back the tears threatening to fall from her eyes. 'But I'm going to change that.'

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jaejoong woke up in the middle of the night having a bad dream, he caught his breath and wiped the sweat from his face, and tears from his eyes. He turned his head to Yunho side of the bed, still empty. Jaejoong looked at the table clock. It showed two thirty in the morning. He grabbed his cell phone and fumbled for it, waiting to see a message. None. Jaejoong blew out a breath and rolled over onto his back.

Jaejoong was still awake, staring out into the dark, when he heard the bedroom door being open. Through the dim light he saw Yunho quietly entered the bedroom.

"What time is it?" Jaejoong asked, sitting up in bed.

Yunho turned to him. "Hey, you're awake?" He said obviously.  "It's four in the morning. I'm sorry I was late. My car ran out of gas. I had to call for a tow truck to come."

"You could have called me to pick you up." Jaejoong replied.

"It's okay. It's my fault and I didn't want to trouble you and Changmin in the middle of the night." Yunho said as he walked into the bathroom.

Jaejoong waited for Yunho to come out from the bathroom and change into his pyjamas. "So what did you do with your son today?" He asked.

"I took him to the amusement park and we had dinner."

"Was Ara with you too?"

Dang!

Yunho eyes widen as he got where Jaejoong was heading. He cleared his throat nervously, not trusting his voice but did not answer him and remained silent.

Jaejoong eyed him sharply. "What happened after dinner?"

"Nothing happen, okay?" He answered short, and then his stomach got a little queasy as he asked.

Jaejoong’s brain felt numb and his heart hurt. "God, did she kiss you?"

Yunho suddenly became aware that Jaejoong was staring at his face. Yunho looked annoyed while looking over at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter