Chapter 30

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three years passed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Daddy."

Jaejoong groaned softly and rolled over in his bed.

The little voice persisted. "Daddy..."

A little hand came to rest against his face, and Jaejoong forced his eyes open. Changmin's bright eyes beamed at him from under his bangs.

'You needed a hair cut, Minnie.' Jaejoong thought.

Jaejoong smiled, and then groaned when he caught a glimpse of the alarm clock. Just after eight Sunday morning. There used to be a time when he in bed even after eight, but that was all before Changmin came into his life. Now he enjoyed every chance he got to linger in his bed, which was not often. He still couldn't believe that Changmin was four years old. It seemed like just yesterday that Yunho had brought Changmin home for the first time.

"Yunho...."

The name slipped from his lips. Changmin scrambled into the big bed, grinning brightly at him. "I'm hungry, daddy!"

Jaejoong took a moment to study his four years old son. He was going to be tall, like his appa. He was sweet and caring, which was certainly something he had gotten from his umma.

Changmin pouted again, and Jaejoong finally laughed and sat up. "Okay, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Pancakes!"

“Give daddy ten minutes to go to bathroom then daddy will make pancakes for you. Okay?"

Changmin grinned and he nodded.

"You can watch Barney show while waiting for daddy."

"Yayyy..." Changmin shouted happily and ran out from the room.

Jaejoong opened the top drawer of the bedside cabinet and took out a photo frame. His photo with Yunho in Paris with Eiffel Tower as a background. The only momento he took before he left his house three years ago. He ran his forefinger on Yunho's face. He felt his heart beating faster. He put back the photo inside the drawer and went to the bathroom.

After fixing two pancakes and cutting them up for Changmin, Jaejoong poured a cup of milk and placed it in front of him.

"Thank you, daddy!"  Jaejoong ruffled his son's hair affectionately before going to start a pot of coffee for himself.

Today was Sunday, his favorite day of the week. He had the entire day to spend with his little boy. And that made him happy.

"Eat your pancakes now, Uncle Yamapi will be here soon to take you to the park."

Changmin smiled and started digging into his food.

The door bell rang.

"Uncle Yamapi is here." Jaejoong said while walking to the front door and opened it. Yamapi wasleaning against the door frame on one arm, and the other on was holding a box of Jaejoong's favourite vanilla muffin. He had a cocky grin on his face. Jaejoong motioned for him to come in. Which he did gladly. He strode past him, and took the seat next to Changmin.

In all his years, Yamapi had never let himself think of what it would be like to be a father, a true father. But Jaejoong had given him a glimpse of what it was like and he loved every moments of it. Spending time with Changmin on Sunday morning has became a number one in his to-do-list for weekend. He and Jaejoong would take Changmin to the park together. Sometimes he brought Changmin back to his father's house as the old man also treated him like his own grandson. But today, Jaejoong just wanted to stay home to do some spring cleaning in the house.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter