Chapter 10

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina, Jaejoong's twelve years old student, was helping him cleaning up the classroom after the class activity. Jaejoong was cleaning the potter wheel while Mina was arranging the easels and the stools back to their places.

"Like this, Mr. Kim?" Asked Mina.

Jaejoong smiled at her. "Exactly like that."

Grandpa stood in the doorway knocking slightly.

Jaejoong looked up and saw him. “Grandpa.” Jaejoong wiped his hands on a towel and walked towards him. “This is a surprise.”

“I'll bet.”

"Give me a minute, Grandpa. By the way, please come in." Grandpa nodded and followed behind him. Jaejoong walked to Mina. "Mina, I think that's enough for today. You can go back to your class now. Thank you for helping me today." Jaejoong told his student.  "I have a guest." He added, pointing to Grandpa.

Mina nodded and left after said goodbye to Jaejoong and Grandpa. Jaejoong washed his clay covered hands in the sink, dried them on a paper towel, untied his clay encrusted apron and hung it up next to the wheel.

He turned to grandpa. “Now, grandpa, what can I do for you?”

“I hope I don’t intrude.” He said formally.

“Jaejoong smiled at him. “Not at all.” He replied in kind, pulling himself together. “We were just about to finish.”

“I'm sorry. I know, it’s good that I ring you first before I come.”

“You don’t have to say that grandpa. You can come here anytime.” Jaejoong interrupted, waving away the apology.

Grandpa smiled and stepped further into the class room.“You have some talented students. You must be very proud.” He said looking at the paintings on the wall.

“I am and they are. I hope to do a show with the soon to graduate seniors but lacked of funds to do it up right with a gallery. Right now it would be in the cafeteria here and without the professional polish ...”

“The Jung Financial Group would be proud to underwrite the show.”

Jaejoong felt touched by the generous offer. “Thank you. I wasn't asking you to do that.”

“I know. That's why I offered. Just call my secretary tomorrow and you two can work out the details.” Grandpa took out his business card and put on Jaejoong's palm.

“Then, I thank you on behalf of my students.” Jaejoong puts the card in his jean's pocket. “But you didn't come here to talk about my students' work.”

“No, I didn't. Can we sit?”

“Of course.” Jaejoong lead the way to his desk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter