Chapter 22

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He cried all the time.

Yunho realized that he was stucked with the fact that he hurt Jaejoong so deeply. The crying Jaejoong does alone, shut away in the room. Jaejoong slept with his back to him.

 

"You will need our marriage certificate to register him for Jung.”

Yunho shook his head. "No, I won't marry you, Ara. That will never happen.”

“If that the case, you can forget about Karam. He will live as Kim.”

That  should be clear enough. Clear enough that she’s telling the truth. Yunho closed his eyes, took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. He opened his eyes and looked deep in hers. "Then I'll have to marry you." Yunho said flatly. His tone of voice was very soft, almost inaudible to the human hearing.

"How would you do that, again, Mr. Jung Yunho? You are married to Jaejoong."

"I..." He should answer her question, but everything he wanted to say was everything that he can't make it true.

"You must stay married to me for two weeks and don't deny my existance during that period of time. You have five days from today to do that. That's my condition. Take it or leave it." Ara added.

Yunho looked at her, a concerned but fearful look in his eyes.

'You've got to be kidding me.' He muttered.

 

It took four days for Yunho to gather his strength to tell Jaejoong the news. But then, it drained most of  his strength when he saw the smiling face greeting him when Jaejoong opened the door for him after he came back from work. Each time he opened his mouth to speak and to say something, the words didn’t come. He acted like normal in front of him. They both acted like nothing had happened. Jaejoong doesn't ask him about it, though. He doesn't ask any of them. It's not like Yunho wanted to hide that he went to visit Karam everyday for two hours for the last four days, but he afraid to hurt Jaejoong's feeling.

He can't just ignore it anymore, now that he knew the truth. That day, after coming home from another day of forcing smiles and acting normal, he plopped down on the couch with Jaejoong sitting on a couch in front of him.

It broke his heart into pieces when he has to say it.

 

"Jae, I have something to discuss with you."

"What is it, Yunho."

Yunho just look at him in silence. He lost his words.

"Yunho, tell me."

"I.... I went to Ara's house four days ago."

Jaejoong shivered.

“Karam… really is my son.”

Jaejoong just sat still in front of him. After few minutes, he spoke. "Karam is your son. Of course. Only blind people will say otherwise.” He said with calmed voice as he already expected it. “So, you did went and see them. I thought so." Jaejoong muttered. “You didn't you tell me." He added cooly.

"Baby, it's not like that. Trust me. My intention of going there only to see Karam and not Ara."

"Is that all you want to tell me?"

"No. It's not all." He leaned down and cupped his face with both of his hands. After few seconds, he looked up. “Jae, what I’m going to tell you is very difficult for me to say it. I want you to stay calm, okay. I want you to know that I love you. I love you with all my heart. Nothing will change. between us."

“For God's sake, say it Yunho!!” His jaw tightened.

“Jae, all this thing happened before we married. Karam is innocent. I owned him his right. I need to give him back his right.”

 “What do you mean?”

"I... I want to register Karam's name to be Jung Karam. Right now, he is Kim Karam." His eyes were pouring over Jaejoong, watching for his reaction.

Jaejoong's heart beating faster. He knew what Yunho going to say next. He knew this is going to happen. His pale face turned whiter, as if no blood is running on it.

"Do you really need to have Karam as a Jung? You already have Jung Changmin."

"But.... Changmin is not my flesh and blood. I love him as my own son. I do. But... it's not the same, Jae. To have your own son but carrying other family's name. I can do that Jae, to  provide Karam with everything for him to live as a Jung but later when he's married, his kids will be Kim but with Jung's blood. Karam is my son and I want him to bear Jung's name. Call me old fashioned, Jae. Call me stupid or what ever you want. I am so miserable for doing this, but Karam is a Jung and I want him to be Jung.  He is the last Jung in my family."

Silence.

Yunho continued. "When the time comes, I will hand over everything to my two sons and I didn't want people to question who is Kim Karam. I didn't want people to know that he is my illegitimate son. It's not his fault he was born out of wedlock."

This was not happening. This was not happening at all, this was a very bad dream. Jaejoong bit his lip, looking fully at him. "I'm scared," he whispered.

"I know it's a very bad of me to ask you to do this but I'm asking for your understanding. For this one time only... please baby, help me."

"What do you want me to do?" Jaejoong asked, looking deep into Yunho's eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter