Chapter 38

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure? You want me to stop doing this?" When he didn’t get any response from Jaejoong, he continued. “I’ll never let you go, Jae. I just can’t.”

“I just want what’s best for you.” Jaejoong replied looking straight in his eyes.

"How can you say that, when being with you is what's best for me? If you're not with me, how is that what's best for me?" he asked despondently. "You're not even going to let me fight for you, fight for us? You've already given up before we've even had a chance to start fighting, Jae," His voice laced with hurt.

“I have nothing left to fight for, Yunho.”

Yunho closed his eyes, and he breathed deeply a few times. He opened his eyes, "You have me, Jae. Fight for me. Fight for our memories. Fight for our promises to stay together until the end."

Jaejoong watched him, waiting for the moment when Yunho tells him how horrible he was, how wretched he was for what he'd done to him. When Yunho’s eyes focus back on him, an emotion which Jaejoong don't recognize was there. But Yunho's questions were what really surprise him the most.

"Do you love him?"

"Wh-what?"

"Do you love him, Jae? Do you love Yamapi, and you want to be with him forever?" Yunho asked, almost desperate.

Jaejoong stared at him, clenching his teeth.

“Do you?" Yunho’s voice broke and he was fighting tears. A sharp pain pierced through his chest. "Do you love him like how you used to love me, Jae?"

Jaejoong looked down at his lap, his mind a chaotic mess. He looked up suddenly to meet Yunho's eyes when he heard sobs across from him.
"Why won't you answer me?"  Tears leaked from the corners of Yunho’s eyes and he brushed them away angrily.  “Answer me, Jae. Do you love him?” His words, desperate and needy. His pleading and begging words were like arrows in Jaejoong’s chest, hitting the mark of his heart and bleeding it dry.

 And finally, Jaejoong recognized that unknown emotion swirling in Yunho’s eyes, jealousy. Jealousy over Yamapi for having his ‘love’.

"You don't know what you're asking, Yunho."

“I know exactly what I’m asking. I would have taken you back to Seoul in a heartbeat if you say you don’t love him. And you, me and Changmin, we’ll be a happy family again. I don't want to go back to a life without you.”

Jaejoong’s heart longed for that future. He still loved Yunho just as much, if not more, than he had all those years ago. But, Yamapi and his father had become a significant part of his and especially Changmin’s life after the move. Even when he took Yamapi more like a brother figure than anything else, but now he can't imagine life without him. Three years, they build up their bond together, like a real family. It'd be selfish to think about leaving it all behind without thinking of him. 

“Yamapi, .... he’s a good friend. He gave me a place to stay, and helped me out to start a new life with the coffee shop.” His reply wasn’t convincing anyone.

"If he just a friend then why can I see the sparkle is back in your eyes when you were with him? The sparkle I only saw when you were with me? And why do you seem more happy than the last time I've seen you?"

'My heart will always be yours.' “I’m sorry...” Jaejoong murmured. His voice was barely above a whisper and went unheard for Yunho. Jaejoong found himself wishing that things would be different, that he had taken the time to discuss things thoroughly with Yunho three years ago.

"Do you feel that you owe him for helping you and that's why you didn't want to go back with me?"

Jaejoong close his eyes. "No. Nothing like that. Yamapi won't do that to me."

Yunho felt every ounce of breathe leave his body in a rush as guilt riddled his mind. ‘Jaejoong is in love with that guy.... Oh my God! What have I done?’ He waited for Jaejoong to say something more, but Jaejoong was quiet.

Jaejoong left him three years ago with a wounded heart, a cut so deep. Yamapi was the one who found his bleeding angel, stitched his cut and nurtured his wound until he healed and smiled again. Yunho have to accept the fact that Jaejoong's heart was not solely his anymore.

Yunho sighed, a look of contemplation on his face for only a second before he nodded his head.  Yunho stood up and sat next to Jaejoong, closing the space between them. Jaejoong looked at him. Yunho's hand reached for the pale face and he lightly trailed his index finger over the soft skin. Jaejoong closed his eyes at the feel of his touch, leaving a burning sensation on his face. Yunho bent down a little and brushed a soft kiss on his lips. "I mis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter