Chapter 7

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong reached his apartment at almost eleven o'clock. After a quick shower, he put on his pyjamas and went to bed. He put everything behind and just wanted to sleep. He's too tired to think anymore. He was almost reaching his dreamland when his phone rang. He looked at the table clock. It's already passed midnight.

"Hello?" He said instantly wide awake.

'Jae, can I see you for a while. I'm outside your door.'

Jaejoong blinked at his phone a couple of times before he got to his feet and opened the main door. Yunho stepped in without being asked. He put his car key on the coffee table, turned to Jaejoong and spoke.

“Jae . . . what if we give it a shot?” Yunho's voice was gentle.

“What do you mean?” This time Jaejoong focused on Yunho sharply.

“Us. What if we gave it a try? A real try.” Yunho’s face was suddenly glowing all over.

"Huh?" Jaejoong's heart was pounding fast.

Yunho took a deep breath and continued, "I have to tell you this, Jae. That is, I feel this relationship is serious. Grandpa was right. I like you, Jae. I know you like me, too. Let's make it real."  The grin, the smile were gone, now he was very serious.

Jaejoong just stared at him.

"I've been thinking very carefully, and I'm very sure of what I want. I realized something had been making you uncomfortable around me. Although you never failed to be there when I need you, you have been holding back." Yunho swallowed. Jaejoong felt the sound reverberated in his ears.

Yunho continued. "Lately... I began to feel different. Far more like my old self for a start. I can't promised to be everything you want in a partner. I don't know what will happen to us. But I want you to understand that this is isn't something I feel have to do. It's something I very much want to do."

Jaejoong mis-judged him. He is not Plan B anymore. “You mean not just a convenient engagement but a real one. With real kissing and such?” Jaejoong could feel his face flamed red as he was torn between semi hysterical amusement and a big dash of shame at even thinking the thought.

Yunho reached for Jaejoong's hand.  “Yeah. That’s what I meant.”

“You’re not joking right?” Jaejoong asked.

Yunho squeezed Jaejoong's hand lightly. "No, I'm not."

Jaejoong lost his words. His heart stopped beating for a moment and then started back up again, pounding rapidly. His voice was shaky when he whispered, "Yunho..."

Yunho smiled at Jaejoong, “Jae, I know this isn't exactly what someone who's just started a relationship wants to hear, but I want you to move in with me.”

Jaejoong frowned at Yunho, clearly wanting to say something but refraining. He's trying his best to look undisturbed. “Whoa. Wait a second. I like my place. Why should move in with you?” Jaejoong pulled his hands from Yunho's hold. "Isn't it too fast for that?" He lowered his voice.

Yunho took a deep breath. “With all this happening, there will be something they are expecting of us."

“Oh, come on, Yunho. You know me. Since when what's expected of me been a motivating factor in anything I do?”

“Right. I should have said it would be expected of me. Besides, we gonna spend so much time together, might as well we just move in together. Not to mention the fact that my place is much bigger than yours. That's what we call a home.”

“Yeah. But I don't see you hosting too many parties in the bachelor pad you call home. Have you been up all night again?” Jaejoong asked him sharply.

Yunho glanced at him, smiled a little. “You sound very wifely.”

Jaejoong looked up at him, stupidly hurt by the remark. “I didn’t mean to nag…”

“If that is nagging, I rather liked it." He flashed a smile. "Well Jae, what will be you answer?"

“All right Yunho, I'll move into your apartment with you. But I've got to have my own room for my art.”

“I think that can be arranged, but for now . . .”

“Fine. For now, I'll share your apartment.” Jaejoong grabbed Yunho's car key on the coffee table and pushed into his palm. "Good night Yunho." He turned away and began walking to the door.

Yunho grinned and followed behind.

“Is next week soon enough for me to move in, or do I need to start moving in tomorrow?” Jaejoong asked while opening the door. He watched as Yunho walked to the door.  

“Next week will be soon enough I guess.” Yunho replied, standing in front of Jaejoong with a smile plastered on his face.

Jaejoong gesture with his hands for Yunho to step out from his ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter