Chapter 21

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The elevator went up to Ara's apartment with Yunho thinking about the last time he came here. He must have stood outside of the door, trying to coax himself into knocking for at least five minutes. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath of air, trying to mentally prepare himself to sit down and talk with Ara. There was a part of him that was terrified, the part 'what if...' He tried to shake the fears out of his head, deciding that it was time to it up and rang the bell and waited patiently for the door to be opened. He waited for several long moments before he finally heard the turning of locks coming from inside.

"Yunho."  Ara asked, disbelief. Their eyes didn't leave each other's, it felt as if she'd seen someone who had died. She looked happy, but then sad but then angry. Yunho didn't blame her, she should hate him. That's what he thought. He didn't expect seeing her like that he imagined, actually he had no idea how he had imagined. She looked so different, more mature, he may say.

"Ara." He said with an empty voice.

"What are you doing here?" Ara asked as she saw Yunho. There was obvious trace of shock upon seeing the face of a man that she had missed.

"You asked the obvious question."

"Come on in."  She opened the door wider.

Yunho stepped in slowly, he was faced with the heart-stopping sight of pictures of Karam in every corner of the house and saw him sitting on the couch playing with his Barney toy. He glanced beside him, taking in the room and his eyes landed on the picture frame resting on the table next to the door. It was of him and Ara. Yunho suddenly forgot how to breathe.

“It’s my favourite picture,” Ara said, causing Yunho to turn his attention back to her. “I don’t know why, we both have bad hair there,” she joked, her crooked smile taking over her face, “but I love it.”

Yunho didn't know how to reply to her. He stared at her, who seemed to be a completely different person from who she was before. He turned to the small boy on the couch then back to her. "Ara, is he... is he my son?”

“What a pleasant surprise. You took three days to come and ask me about this.” Ara chuckled.

“Cut the crap, Ara. Just answer me.” Yunho demanded.

Ara quickly froze as Yunho stared at her, she tried to keep a straight face. “He's your flesh and blood, Yunho. I wouldn’t lie to you about this. You are welcome to do the test.”

"Ara, when did you find this out?" He asked. He couldn’t explain at all what he was feeling, it was a mess, but the strongest emotion in all that jumble and chaos was guilt.

"Find out about what?"

"That you were pregnant."

Ara sighed. “One week before your wedding. I was already nine weeks pregnant at that time. I left for Canada after meeting you at the lawyer office.”

Yunho blinked wildly, trying to shake himself from daze, feeling a pang of guilt as Ara stared at him. He looked down at the floor.. Old memories began to surface, once he thought he had manage to bury deep within him, never to be brought into the light. “Why…. Why didn't you tell me? Or at least tell me about grandpa."  He asked gently.

Ara laughed and rubbed her neck awkwardly. "Will it make any difference?"

Yunho turned and stared at her. If only looks could kill, she’s already dead.

Her laugh died. She sighed. "Because... because it's embarrassing. I mean, I was devastated, angry, embarrassed… I don't think there was an emotion that I didn't feel. I honestly loved you Yunho, with all my heart but.... "

“You chose money over me. You threw me like a dump!” Yunho cut her.

That’s not true. Money is not the matter to me. But when your grandpa came to see me with only intention to break me from you, what choice did I have?"

“You should have told me!” He wasn’t beginning to grow frustrated, almost feeling guilty about it since the truth. He was trying to smooth things over, trying to make some sort of peace between them. He let out a sigh, almost a groan. “Why don’t you tell me?”

“You think you can solve the problem? Your grandpa thinks I only after your money. That’s what he saw on my face."

But this is our problem and it's became my problem too. And....that’s not how you supposed to treat me. Left me like an idiot in that resta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter