Chapter 37

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho was standing in front of the hotel window staring out blankly. He looked his watch and sighed, "He's not coming." he thought to himself.

He sat on the edge the king size bed in his hotel suite, lost in his thoughts. He'd lost track of time. He felt like he was dreaming when the doorbell rang. He got up from the bed and opened the door.

There he was. His beautiful angel. Both of them stared at each other for a few seconds. A smile plastered on Yunho's mouth.

Jaejoong watched as a smile breaks out on Yunho's face as he stepped closer.

"Hi baby," Yunho whispered softly. He reached out, taking Jaejoong's hand in his and squeezing it.

Jaejoong squeezed his hand quickly before shaking it off. He saw the hurt momentarily flash in Yunho's eyes at the rejection, but it disappeared a second later when Jaejoong reached up and places his hand on his cheek instead. Yunho's arms immediately wrapped around Jaejoong's neck in a soft grip as he laid his head against the slender shoulder.

Jaejoong said nothing. He simply hugged him tight, rubbing Yunho's back soothingly.

"I thought you'll never come." Jaejoong heard Yunho mumbled.

"You didn't even think I am here now." Jaejoong voice sounded teasing.

Yunho let go of his hug and looked into those doe eyes, "No, I couldn't believe you were here.  Thank you for coming," Yunho whispered. "Please, come in.” He pushed the door wide open and made a gesture with his hand for Jaejoong to walk in.

Jaejoong gave him a thin smile and stepped in slowly, took a few deep breaths, in and out, in and out. ‘Stay calm. You have prepared yourself for this before. You have thought it through. You are ready. You have to stay calm. Because he is there. Right behind you.’

Yunho let out a shaky breath and blinked back tears, his heart threatening to pound its way out of his chest. ‘It's not the same.’

Yunho closed the door behind them, trying to sound relax. A quiet throat clearing broke up their thoughts, and their moment. "I can't tell you how glad I am that you came today, Jae." Yunho said. Jaejoong felt a hand on his shoulder, he did not flinch. He just stood frozen at his place. The touch was like electricity running through his body. He closed his eyes and his memories with Yunho flashed through his mind, Every touch, every kiss, every fight. It's been three years since Yunho last touched him and that made Jaejoong shuddered.

"Me too." Jaejoong said, slowly turning to him. The best thing he could do now was put on a strong face and heart and show Yunho that he was doing fine without him. "How are you?" Jaejoong asked.

"Been missing you." Yunho replied looking deep into the pair of doe eyes. “I miss you, Jae.”

Jaejoong’d be lying if he said he didn’t missed him, and he’s not one to lie, so he’s just going to stay put and not say anything.

“And Changmin too. But you didn’t bring him with you.” 

Jaejoong's heart sank. That's not the answer he was waiting for. He expected Yunho will say that he was doing well, that he's happy with his family. ‘Was he?’

“Changmin is too small to understand what is going on. He’s scared of you after seeing you in the coffee shop that day. He thought you were a bad guy and that’s why we ran out of the shop. I will explain everything to him when the time comes. You're always his appa. I promise you that." Jaejoong answered carefully. "How was Umma?" Jaejoong asked, trying to make light of the situation.

Yunho's face clearly looked sad and his eyes were shut tightly. He forced a smile when he opened his eyes."She’s fine. She’s missing you and Changmin, too.” Yunho stared at him. “I miss you.” Yunho said it again, his stare not leaving Jaejoong. He’s holding himself from jumping and take Jaejoong into his arms again and tell him how much he love him and missed him. But that was the last thing he would do, which will scare Jaejoong and make him run away from him again. He doesn’t know how to continue from here. He doesn’t know what to do next.

“And Karam?”

Yunho smiled when he heard Jaejoong asking about Karam. “Karam is almost five years old now. He lived with his mother. I take him home only during weekend.”  He continued. “He’s been asking about Changmin. Everytime he saw Changmin’s baby photo he will ask, when is baby coming home? Then I will tell him, soon, appa will bring baby and umma Jae home soon.”

 

Karam was jumping on his bed holding a photo frame in his hand. "Appa, where are you going?" Karam asked seeing his father putting some clothes in the suitcase.

Yunho looked at his son. "Appa is going to Japan for a few days."

Karam stopped his ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter