Chapter 3

You're The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They arrived at an expensive Italian restaurant. Yunho walked to the door of the restaurant and held it open with obstinate expression. Jaejoong walked past him with a resigned sigh. He'd expected Yunho to take him to his favourite burger bar. They were greeted at the reception counter and were led to the table that was booked earlier by Yunho.

“I don’t understand why you insisted on eating here.” Said Jaejoong, instantly twisted his lips into a displeased pout.

“I told you. I was in the mood for scallops, and I love how the chef here prepares them.” Yunho declared. He smiled thinly after glancing quickly at him.

Jaejoong wasn’t buying it. While it was true the scallop on the menu were outstanding, he knew the real reason Yunho wanted to eat there. “You’re just doing this because you know it’s my turn to pay for the bills. You knew I’m poor and you will insist for paying the bills.” Jaejoong flashed a smile to the waiter for the menu offered then turned to Yunho again. “Admit it.”

“You don’t like dining here?” Yunho asked. He was looking at Jaejoong over the top of his menu.

Jaejoong didn't answer. He looked up at the waiter and told him their orders. After the waiter left, he turned to Yunho. “I love dining here, but that isn’t the issue. I simply want you to admit…..”

“That you’re poor? Okay. You’re poor. Poverty agrees with you,” Yunho said cheerfully.

Jaejoong frowned. He remained silent himself. He loved Yunho and Yunho loved him, and they had always been good friends. They had known each other for nearly half of their lives, since junior high school. Yunho wasn’t really the ogre some of the family made him out to be. He knew Yunho never meant anything in his words.

He's calmed down, Yunho thought, eyeing him, thinking suddenly how handsome he looked in his grey jacket and pale blue shirt. Yunho smiled at him. 'Beautiful is more like it!'  “Aww, come on, Jae. You know I was just simply saying that. I know you’re not poor. You have a trust fund your late parents left for you. Happy?"

The waiter strode in with their foods.

"Bon appetite," said Yunho.

"Er, yes. Bon appetite." Jaejoong took a bite of his roasted chicken. He can't help but eye the scallops on Yunho's plate.

"Would you like a bite?" said Yunho, following his gaze,smirking slightly. "Come on, open your mouth," Yunho reached over with one spoonful of scallop to Jaejoong.

Like a small kid, Jaejoong opened his mouth and took the food. He chewed it slowly letting the flavor flood through his mouth. "The best." He said smiling. Slowly he swirled his drink making the melting ice cubes bumped together. “So how did it go on Friday night?” Jaejoong took a sip of his drink.

Yunho was surprised to hear that Jaejoong still remember he'd told him about his dinner plan with Ara. He shook his head and sighed. “Not good.”

“Not good? What exactly does that mean?” Jaejoong asked, confused. 

Yunho fiddles with his straw. “She said no.” He pulled the straw out and puts it back in the drink. He continued. “There I was, on bended knee holding a velvet box with a ring in it and she looked at the ring and ran out of the restaurant saying "I can't. I really can't. Don't call me."" He imitated ara in a dejected to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter