Chapter 47

My Present's Past

                Three weeks has passed Junhyung never went to school. The reason? I don’t know. The last time I saw him was the play that we did three weeks ago. Looking at the mirror of my desk I looked at my face as I touched my lips remembering the kissed that we shared on the play. I snapped out of my imagination and told myself that Junhyung was drunk at that time. I really don’t know what happened to him after he collapsed and was hospitalized that day. That was the last day I saw him. I tried to call him but his phone was off and when I tried to pay a visit on his apartment no one answers the doorbell nor open the door. Is he at home? When he said those words “I’ll protect you from them” the first thing pops on my mind is that that there is a problem and he wanted to protect someone but I don’t know why he told that to me. Why? Is someone chasing that person? Or he is protecting someone? He was drunk at that time maybe he thought that the one he was trying to protect was me? Aissh!!!!! I think I;m going crazy.

My phone rings and it was Jiyeon.

“Jiyeon!”

you ! Are you alright? You were pacing out for the past two weeks. Do you have a boyfriend? And you are not telling me??!!”

 “NOO!!! I’m just…I’m just busy focusing on my studies. I replied.

“Really? Ok then just tell me if you have a problem I’m always here.”

“Alright”

“Ok bye”

 

Today is Sunday so I decided to go out and eat some ice cream because it was too hot and summer is making me crazy. I walked through out the busy town looking for an ice cream parlor and finally found one.

“Two scoops of vanilla ice cream, please” I ordered. After I took my order I look for a seat wherein I could relax and look at the busy street. I was enjoying my time when I saw a familiar face, it was Hara, and she was buying some fruits. I immediately went outside to ask her how’s Junhyung but as I went outside she’s nowhere to be seen. I ran to the market and shops but no trace of her. Luckily when I turned around she was there on the bread shop.

“Hara!” I shouted and gladly she heard it.

you !” She said. I was shocked when I saw that she has a band aid on her face and some bruises on her hands.

“Are you alright? What happened to your face?” She immediately covered the band aid on her face.

“I..I just tripped yesterday.” I can see in her eyes that she was lying.

“Uhmm…Junhyung. I just want to ask if Junhyung is fine? He’s not attending his class…”

She was startled with my question. “ He..he is fine. She replied.

“Hara please tell me what is going on? What is really happening? I’m worried maybe I can help or something.” When I looked in her eyes she was teary and sad.

My eyed widened when she suddenly hugged me and cried.

you? , I don’t know anymore. They… Junhyung’s parents found out about our relationship. I knew that his parents were against to us because I’m just poor and they are rich. And… and my father got fired because of me. They even threatened my father if I will not leave Junhyung they will do worse.

I hugged hara tightly and realize I was crying too.

“Yesterday, there are men wearing black suit went to our house getting all our things. They are saying that my father has debt on them. I tried to stopped them because I knew that my father has no debt to anyone. One of the men slapped me for answering back and the other two kicked and beat my father. It…it was awful.”  She cried. “ I knew ..I knew who ordered it, it was Junhyung’s parents.

I comforted Hara and told her that everything’s gonna be alright. She was badly hurt. She also told me that Junhyung was staying at his parents’ house.

We bid farewell to each other and went home. I really can’t believe that Juhyung’s parents did that to her and her father.

Four more weeks passed and Junhyung still not attending his class. I never saw Hara again too. Sometimes I wait for her at the same spot where we met but no trace of her. I heard rumors in school that Junhyung went to states, I also heard that he’s going to married soon to the daughter of one of the wealthiest man in Korea.

I went to the cafeteria to get some food to freshen my mind while walking I was playing with my ball pen when it suddenly dropped on the floor.

“Miss, you dropped this.”

“Thank y…” When I’m about to get the ball pen from the guy I was shaking when I see a very familiar face.

“Yoseob” I whispered.

He was staring at me confusingly “Uhh…Do I know you?” He asked. I forgot that I just met him on my dreams.

“Oh…uh….I saw it on your name tag.” Pointing at his name tag.

“Ah yeah, my name tag.” He laughed. “ I thought we’ve met before. By the way I’m Yoseob.”

“I’m you

“Nice meeting you you here’s your ball pen. See yah!” Then he left.

I really do not know what is happening to my life. All the persons that I’ve met on my dream were appearing in real life.

“GAAHHHHHH!” I shouted and forgot that I was at the corridor and people were staring at me.

“Sorry” I whispered and ran to the comfort room.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

you , you want to go to the mall?” Jiyeon asked me.

“Hm alright! I want to have some fun and away from all the stress”

“ See you on Saturday!”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Days passed by and finally it was Saturday. I just wear a simple top and jeans. Jiyeon and I went to the theater first to watch movies then we went to the mall to have some window shopping.

“Oh there’s a dress that I really like at the next store. Let’s go!”

We were at the store and the clothes looks expensive. Jiyeon was busy looking for the dress that she wants to buy.

A lilac dress caught my attention it has a very sophisticated look it was sleeveless and has small ruffles from the waistline down to the bottom of the dress. My eyes almost dropped when I saw the price it was too expensive!!!!

you Here’s the dress. Should I try it?” It was a white cocktail dress with gold outline. It was beautiful and sure very pricey too.

“Yes! You should try it. It looks gorgeous! I replied.

“You should try one too. Here try this.” She picked the lilac dress that I was looking at a while ago.

“ Ahh.. No no I’m fine. I’ll just wait you here.” I don’t want to try the dress because if I damaged it I surely cannot pay the price.

“Are you sure?” She said.

“Yes”

While she was in the fitting room I went outside the store. I really can’t stay there looking at those stunning dresses that surely I cannot afford to buy. I was just standing outside the store looking at the people who walks and passed by. It was really nice looking at them having a family bonding, sweet couples, and cute kids. Aw… I missed those days when my family was still complete.

I snapped out of my imagination when I heard someone was shouting. Was there a fire?

“Catch the girl!!!” I saw two men wearing black suits running and chasing a girl in front of them who’s running too.

The girl was running to my direction and she was looking at me I was shocked when she suddenly grabbed my hands. And now I was running too.

 

“Yahhh!! Let goo offf me!!!“ I said.

“Please help me.” She said.

“Noo!!! I don’t know you!! I need to go back my friend is waiting for me.” I tried to let go of my hand but she was holding it tightly.

“Please help me just today. Pleasee.” She begged. We are both panting as we continued to ran and chased by the two men.

“Why are they chasing you? Did you stole something?!” Honestly, She doesn’t look like a burglar or something. She has a very angelic face.

“NOOOO! I didn’t steal anything!  They were just chasing me because I have to sign a freakin contract.” She explained.

“Why don’t you just sign it instead of running away from them??!!”

‘’NOO!!!” She eyed me from head to toes and I just realized that we are wearing a same shirt and jeans.

“Can you lure them away?”

“WHAAT?!!”

“I will go to the left you go to the right ok? We have the same clothes so they’ll get confused. Please  jut help me today.”

But before I protest she let go of my hand and ran to the left side I have no choice but to ran to the right side of the mall. I was too tired and panting. I’m almost at the corner when I realized I was holding something and when I opened my hand it was a ring. How?? Then I remember the girl before she let go of my hand she put something on my hand. I was too busy running to realize it. I was startled when someone grabbed my arm and when I turned around it was one on the men who’s chasing us.

“I’m not the one you are looking for!!!!” I shouted.

“ Don’t deny it miss. You have the ring.” The other one said.

“Noo! It’s not minee!!” I threw it but the other man was still holding me so I can’t run. And the other one get the ring that I threw.

“Your father said that if you ran away we have no choice but to carry you to the venue.”

“No!! Promise it’s not meee!! Im not the girl you are chasing!!!” The man who’s holding my hand carried me.

“Sorry miss but I have to do this.”

“It’s not meee!!!!” I shouted at the top of my lungs even many people are looking at me.

“Sir we already caught her. We are on our way to the venue.” I heard the other man speaking.

“Let me down! Let me down!” I shouted. We continued to walk to the crowded place and stopped on a very high end restaurant. We went inside and I saw one of the men talked to the waitress. The waitress guided us to an exclusive room. There’s no one in there but there are four chairs.

“Miss you will wait here until Mr. Yong arrived.”

“I’m telling you please believe me I’m not…”

I was cut when the door opened and a man wearing a suit went in and a woman who looks like his wife was beside him.

“Mr. and Mrs. Yong were already here, Miss.” The black suit man said. He greeted the old man and his wife and went outside. Oh you you’re really in a big trouble. Aish that girl!

“Oh my future daughter-in-law. Nice meeting you.” The old man said.

Daughter-in-law? O gosh what am I going to do?

“Take a seat” he said.

I took a seat and my heart was beating was too fast. Eottheokhe?

“How are you?” His wife said.

I was gritting my teeth because of anger. That girl must be in here not me.

“I’m f-fine” Forcing to smile.

“Are you hungry lets order some food.” The man called the waitress and gave us the menu.

Oh lord. I was looking at the menu. The food is so expensive.

“You can order whatever you want my dear your father told me that this is your favorite restaurant” the old woman said. She looks kind though than her husband. I just nodded but I really don’t know what to order the menu was in French and I don’t understand a single thing.

When the waitress went back to get our order the old man ordered first.

“What’s your order, dear?”

“The same” I said.

“While waiting for the food I just want to discuss about the contract” he said.

“What contract?”

“Ah your father must not inform you but we agreed that you will sign a marriage contract.”

“Marriage contract” My eyes widened.

“Yes, you and my son will get married next month” My jaw almost dropped. So now I understood why that girl doesn’t want to go here. It is an arranged marriage.

“Are you not feeling well? Do you want something to drink?”

“N-no”

“ Soon my son will join us here. He was just too stubborn so I have to used force in order for him to get here.” He must be a scary and strict dad.

“Here’s the contract you just have to sign it and everything will be settle.”

 

Eothheokhe?! I’m not the real one. I can’t sign this. Maybe I should excuse myself to go to the comfort room because that’s the only way to go out.

 

The old man placed the paper in front of me and gave me a pen.

“I..I…”

“Let goo offff meee!!!” We were all startled with the noise. Someone came inside the room. Two men were holding the guy who shouted a while ago.

And I can’t believe it ...

the guy was…

 

Junhyung.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Annyeong haseyo! Thanks for waiting! Long update for you guys! Hope you like it :)

What do you think will happen next? Will you sign the contract? or not?

Stay tune~ :)

Thanks for all your comments and thank you for subscribing!