Chapter 4

My Present's Past

I said ‘yes’.

Lia and I will go to Suzy’s house tomorrow.

 

February 28, 1850

 

[ you's POV ]

We went to Suzy’s house. Her house was bigger than Sulli’s house. Lia knocked on the door and a girl came out. She’s so beautiful.

 

 “Hi, come in.” she said.

 

We went to the living room and Lia introduced me to her. She’s Suzy. Suzy explained to me all the things on what am I going to do.

The duke and his sons will come here tomorrow afternoon so I need to get ready.

 

“By the way, you. You need to play the piano tomorrow.” Suzy said.

“P-piano?”

“Yes. Why? Do you already know how to play the piano?”

 

What am I going to say? It’s been a long time since I played.

 

“Y-yes.” I said.

“Then there’ll be no problem. Come, follow me.”

 

We’re now in a room and there’s a white piano at the center. Suzy asked me what piece do I want to play

and I told her ‘Fur Elise by Ludwig van Beethoven'.

 

“Okay then, here’s the piece. I’ll leave you for a while to practice.” She said.

 

After she left, I went to the piano and sat down.

              I closed my eyes, Then I remember the day when my father taught me on how to play the piano. I was so happy until then

the car accident happened. I told my dad to attend the competition but he told me that he can’t because he has many things to do.

But I insisted. I told him that I’ll never play the piano again if he’ll not come. I won that day but I was sad because my father didn’t attend. When

I went home I saw my mom crying I asked her what happened… And that was the time I stopped playing the piano.

Tears suddenly fell as I opened my eyes.

 

“Dad, do you want me to play the piano again?”

 

Then I started practicing.

 

February 29, 1850

 

[ you's POV ]

 

you , are you awake?” Lia asked.

“Yup.”

“Make it fast because we have many things to prepare before the Duke arrived.”

“Okay.”

 

I immediately changed my clothes and went downstairs. After I ate my breakfast, Lia told me to take a bath and

go to Suzy’s room.

 

“Come in” Suzy said.

 

She told me to take a sit at the chair in front of the big mirror.

 

“Wait, I’ll just get your gown.”

“Gown?”

“Here, Isn’t it pretty?”

 

The gown is beautiful.  She helped me to wear it. After that, she fixed my hair and do some little make up.

 

“You look so pretty.” Suzy said.

 

She told her maids to put the piano in the living room. Suzy and I went downstairs and Lia was so shocked when she saw me.

 

you , is that you?!” she shouted.

“Yeah.”

“You look so stunning!!”

“Thanks”

 

The Duke arrived together with his sons. I’m so nervous. Okay, remember that I’ll be Suzy and Suzy will be pretending to be my guardian.

Inhale…Exhale…Inhale…

We all bow as the Duke and his sons came in.

 

“So you are Suzy?” The Duke said.

I nodded.

“ Its been so long since the last time I saw you. You're a well grown woman now. I’m so sorry that your father passed away.”

 

Omygad. What will I say? We didn’t practice this. I looked at Suzy but she only gave me a ‘You- can- do- it ’ look.

 

“Well these are my sons, The youngest was Yoseob.” The Duke said.

“Hi!” Yoseob said as he smiled.

“Hi.”

“The second was Hyunseung.”

“H-hi.” I said.

“Do you remember him? He was your childhood friend.” The Duke asked.

 

Then I looked at Suzy again. Then she just gave me a ‘You-can-do-it’ look.

Hyunseung is looking at me seriously. Did he recognize that I’m not Suzy. I think I’m going crazy right now.

 

“And the eldest was Junhyung.” The duke said.

 

         JUNHYUNG. So his name was Junhyung. His name was echoing in my mind. Junhyung looked at me with those serious eyes as if he

knew what’s on my mind. I remember that day, the first time I saw those serious and sad eyes. Suzy told the duke that I prepared something for his sons.

 

“Suzy will be playing the piano.” She said.

 

Suzy accompany me.

 

“You can do it.” She whispered.

 

I closed my eyes… Then I started playing…

 

March 2, 1850

 

[ you's POV ]

 

“  you , make it fast, we need to go to the mansion before sunset.!!!” Lia shouted.

“Okay, okay I’m already packing.”

 

       Guess what? They were impressed .And this is the day that all the chosen ladies will go to the Duke’s mansion. We are five who is chosen. I’m happy because the maid that was assigned to me was Lia. I’ll see Sulli in the mansion and I’m nervous because she might recognize me. If she recognize me, then that’s the end of our play. While I’m packing Suzy came in.

 

“Are you ready?” Suzy asked.

“Kinda”

“   you , I’m Sorry”

“Why?”

“Because you have to do this.”

“Its all right. I’m doing this to repay the kindness that you and Lia showed me.”

“Thank you,  you

 

you ,!!!The carriage is waiting us! Make it fast!!” Lia shouted.

“I’m coming!!!”

 

Suzy and I went downstairs.

 

“Goodbye,  you

“Goodbye.”