Chapter 12

My Present's Past

March 12, 1850

( you ’ POV)

 

I Didn’t have a nice sleep last night. I keep on thinking the name that Junhyung was saying yesterday.

Hara.

When Junhyung said it, he feels like he’s in pain. Then I remembered the girl on the last page of his composition notebook…

Is that Hara? Maybe she’s Junhyung’s first love? But where is she? Too many question running on my mind.

 

I woke up having a headache, my breakfast is already ready and there’s a note from Lia:

 

Here’s your breakfast you .By the way, don’t worry your love..no I mean Junhyung is fine as if nothing happened.

Enjoy your breakfast.

                                                                                                                                                       -Lia

 

Your Love? Seriously?! I’m not inlove with him it’s just I’m just worried and that’s all. It not like I really don’t like Junhyung but come on, I’m not that person who’ll fall in love to someone who is hard- hearted and mean.

After eating breakfast, I dress up. I’m wearing a blue dress and I braided my hair forming a bun, though it kinda looks messy but it’s just fine. I decided to go the library to read some books.  As I went out of the room, I saw Yoseob.

I bowed and greeted him.

 

“Good Morning, Suzy.  He said. Uhmm…I’m just planning to invite you if you want to go to the garden to get some fresh air.?”

“Thank you I would love to.” I said shyly.

As we walk through the garden, I’m amaze to the view, Hundreds of flower everywhere. I saw Yoseob picked one red rose and he give it to me.

“For a beautiful lady, like you” He said shyly.

“ohh, Thank you.” I blushed. I’m not expecting that.

 

Yoseob offered me a sit on the bench beside the lake. As we sat down, though I find it awkward, I began to relieve as he open a topic.  He tells many story and I too. We exchange opinions and compliments removing that awkward ambience.  Yoseob is very nice, he’s different from his brothers. He’s so funny and fun to be with.

 

“Yoseob? Can I ask you something?”

He nodded.

“How’s Junhyung? Is he fine” I asked. It’s a family problem but I really do wanna know if he’s really okay.

“Yeah, he’s fine. ” But through his eyes I can see that he’s worried.

“W-ho Is Hara? Uhmm…. Because I heard Junhyung saying that name, There’s no Hara in one of the candidates. I’m just curious because the way Junhyung said her name it was……” I blurted that question without even thinking twice.

 

He was stunned with my question.

“Hara? He is….. He is Junhyung’s first love. Hara was Junhyung’s childhood friend and not only just a friend but a very close one. And they became really really close and fall to each other as time goes by.  Junhyung always write compostions for her and they always play the piano together. They are happy couple…But Hara’s father ruined everything, Maybe Junhyung is already married now but beacause of her father, it’s just ruined everything. ”

It breaks my heart hearing those words. I don’t know why but I felt being stabbed on my heart. Why am I feeling this?

 

“Wh-what H-happened to her?”

 

“Arranged marriage. His father arranged a marriage without Hara knowing it. Hara really have no choice at that time because his father told her that if she’ll not marry that person. Hara must forget that she has a father and a family. In short, she chose to married that guy rather to marry my brother. That’s why Junhyung became what is he now. He’s not like this before.”

 

“It so CRUEL!!!  Why’d she didn’t fight for Junhyung?! If I’m in Hara’s place I will fight for our love!” I shouted with anger.

 

There’s a regret for saying that words. I you who never fall in love say that….

I cannot believe. Am I falling already??