Chapter 26

My Present's Past

( you ‘s POV)

My hands are so cold like ice… as the rain pours heavily on my clothes. I found a big tree and there I rest. Did I create trouble again? Are they searching for me again? All I can feel is guilt. Why do I always make trouble? Tears suddenly fall through my face. And now I’m in the middle of nowhere again just like what happened before. I hate myself as I punch the mud ground. I embrace my knee as I lean on the trunk of the tree. I don’t want to repeat what happened on the festival. I don’t want them to worry again. I don’t want Junhyung to worry again. I tried to warm my dirty hands with my warm breath but it didn’t work. I feel so cold. My vision is blurry and I feel like collapsing again. Will Junhyung save me again? Will he? I close my eyes, I want to rest, I want to sleep. As time passes by my body feels so cold.

Then I  heard someone is shouting…

“Suzy! Suzy!” I tried to open my eyes to check who it was but I can’t I’m too exhausted to move.

Is that Junhyung? I asked myself. If it was him then he saved me for the second time. I owe him big. My eyes are still closed but as the voice came nearer I said the words. “I love you, Junhyung.”

Then I’m out of my sense now. All I can see is black, All I can feel is cold.

 

(Junhyung’s POV)

I ran through the woods. I didn’t bother if the branches of the tree scratch me nor the mud that I stepped on.  The only person in my mind now is Suzy, only her. Just wait Suzy, I will find you.

Then after a few minutes walking on this labyrinth I saw Suzy. She was leaning helplessly on the tree.

“Suzy! Suzy!” I ran towards her. And when I hold her hands it is so cold so I warmth it with my breath. She tried to open her eyes but she’s too exhausted.

“Suzy wake up!” I touched her pale face and I can feel that she’s freezing. “Don’t worry! We are going home.” 

Then I was surprised when she said “I love you, Junhyung.” When I heard those words a smile formed my lips. “I love you, too” I whisper to her ears.

“It’s alright, Suzy. Just rest. I’m here. Remember? I’ll protect you.”  I carried her and I was relieved when we already exited the woods. We are now on the rose garden when my heart began to ache…not now. I tried to walk again but it really hurts.

“Hold on, Suzy.”  As I carefully bring her down and lean her on the rose bush.

I took a deep breath. But the pain doesn’t leave me. I felt like daggers were piercing my heart. I bit my lip and carried Suzy again. I don’t care if I die as long as Suzy lives.

When we are near in the mansion, I saw Yoseob and the other maids running towards us. They were shocked when they saw Suzy.

 

“Junhyung are you alright?!” Yoseob shouted.

“I’m fine…Just make her safe. Call the doctor immediately!”

Then I gave Suzy to Yoseob. Yoseob carried her inside the mansion. The ache was still there and its getting worse as I move… the next thing I remembers is that I collapse.

 

( you ‘s POV)

Am I floating? Am I dead already? I tried to open my eyes, it’s still raining. The raindrops are falling on my numb face. I realized that I’m not floating…someone is carrying me. At first I didn’t recognize the face because my vision is still blurry. Junhyung? I rubbed my eyes and I see it is Yoseob.

 

“Are you awake? Are you alright?” Yoseob asked.

I nodded. I’m too weak to answer him. So Yoseob was the one who saved me? I..I don’t know how I will repay him. As I looked at him all I can see was a worried face.

Yoseob was running when he carried me inside the mansion. I close my eyes again. I hear voices and whispers…but I didn’t hear Junhyung’s voice.

“Go call the doctor!!” Yoseob commanded.

That’s the last thing I heard…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(you ‘s POV )

I woke up when I hear someone is crying. I moved my head and saw it was Lia.

 

“L-lia?” My lips were too dry.

“You are awake! Oh, goodness.”

I smiled. “I’m f-fine. See? I’m still alive.” I played a joke. But Lia didn’t laugh.

“Don’t cry its not your fault. I must protect you but I failed!” she sobbed.

I tapped Lia’s head and told her that its alright. “W-where is Yoseob?” I asked. I want to thank him for saving me.

“Yoseob? You want to see him? Wait I’ll call him.” Then she went out.

 

I put a smile as Yoseob enter my room. I tried to sit up and curtsy but Yoseob stopped me. “Suzy, Are you alright? Are you hurt?” I shook my head then surprisingly he hugged me. He let go after he realize what he did. “S-sorry, I’m just worried.”

 

“Thank you, Yoseob.” I said.  “I owe you my life for saving me…”

Yoseob smile and said “It wasn’t me who saved you. It was Junhyung.”

“Junhyung? J-Junhyung saved m-me?” I confusingly asked.

“He was the one who saw you in the woods.”

“B-but…you…carried….”

“You were unconscious when he saves you.”

“Wh-where is he?”

 

Yoseob expression changed… a while ago he was smiling and all but it changed… he’s sad but why?

“He had an attack again. He’s in his room, resting.”

“Is he alright?! Yoseob, please tell me!” I’m shocked on what Yoseob said.

“I sh-should s-see him”

“But you’re still sick…”

“No, I’m fine. I want to see him.”

 

He risked his life in order to save me. Junhyung saved me for the second time. When I stand up at first my legs are trembling but after a few seconds I manage to stand. I’m glad that Yoseob and Lia didn’t try to stopped me as I went out.

Junhyung’s room was just beside mine. With the help of the wall I manage to balance myself and walk. I enter his room without even knocking.

“Junhyung?” Junhyung?” I cried.

But he didn’t answer. I went beside his bed and kneeled down so I can see his face and saw that he was asleep.

“Junhyung, I..I don’t know how wi I- repay you anymore…You risked your life..to save me..” I sobbed.

I hold his hand and put it on my cheeks  and whispered “I love you Junhyung’.

I decided to leave Junhyung for him to rest. “I’ll leave now. Thank you.” I wiped the tears in my eyes. I looked at Junhyung face again before I go. I force myself not to cry anymore but the more tears came running down to my face.  When I stood up I felt Junhyung’s hands grabbed mine. I’m surprised and lose my balance. He pulled me towards him and the next thing I realized is Junhyung’s lips is pressed against mine. I wanted to stop him but at the same time, it felt right. It was gentle like my first kiss, Junhyung was the first one who let go. I avoided his eyes, I.. I couldn’t look into his eyes and I knew that I’m blushing.

“Don’t make me worry, again.” As he touch my cheeks and wipe the tears.

“Can you say that word, again? The one you’ve said a while ago.” He said.

“What? The “thank you” ?” I asked.

“No, the other one.”

Then I remember it was.

“Please say it again.” He begged.

“I..Love..You” I blushed as I said those words.

Junhyung smiled and put his arms around me and he pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead.

“I love you, too. My lady.”

Heat is rushing through my face and my heart beats faster and butterflies all over my stomach. That’s what I feel when I heard it.

“Will you sleep here with me? Don’t worry I won’t do anything. I know my limitations. I promise.”

I nodded because I trust him. I knew Junhyung won’t do anything bad. Because I’m safe when I’m with him.