Chapter 2

My Present's Past

Min and I were in the same room… and the other two maids where in the other room.. We are in the attic.

I really can’t believe that this is happening. Really?! If this is a dream, please somebody out there wake me up or pinch me. I really want to go back at the present and I can’t tell this to Min because she’ll think that I’m going crazy.

 

I MUST FIND A WAY TO GO BACK IN THE PRESENT… I KNOW THERE’S A WAY…. AND I NEED TO FIND IT BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE

 

The next day (February 16, 1850):

 

[  you ’s POV]

                     I woke up in the morning. Min was already dressed in her maid clothes so I instantly dressed with my own clothes. I have no choice. I have to adjust. Together with the other maids we go back to our own works and jobs and I continue cleaning the barn yard…

 

“  you , Do you want to go with me?” Min asked.

“Where?”

“To the market.”

“Okay.”

“The market is near…So we just have to walk….”

 

Min told me that after we go to the market. We’ll go to her cousin’s house.  After buying the things that we need we walk a few miles a way from the market then after a few minutes we arrived at her cousin’s house.

“Lia!! Long time no see.” Min said.

 

Her cousin hugged her. She is pretty and she has brown curly hair with a hazelnut eyes. She looks like Jiyeon.

Ooh... I miss my best friend. I wonder what is she doing right now?

 

you this is my cousin, Lia”

Lia, this is my friend you ”

 

Lia hugged me. I was surprised. Lia offered us some snack and had a little chit chat. She’s so funny and talkative like Jiyeon.

She was a maid in the Duke’s house. My eyes widened as i heard that word. 'Duke'. Of course i'm quite shocked about the things that I hear or see because this is my first time experiencing those. It was almost noon when we bid farewell to Lia. When we arrived, the other maids told us that Madame wants to talk to us.

 

“The Duke will be having a grand ball later. My daughter, Sulli, and I will go there. I want all of you to clean the

house. And I want it to be clean before I got home.”

 

So the girl from tha barn yard was 'Sulli.'

 

That night: [  you ’s POV]

              What a nice evening. No Sulli and No Sulli’s mother. What a relief!! What will I do now? Uhm… I think I’m gonna rest.

I told Min that I’m just going to sleep and wake me up when Madame is already there.

 

“What a nice evening.” I told myself.

 

        Then I remembered the night. The night before these things happen… the last thing I remember was  that something was moving in my room and that thing was saying something weird….words that I don’t understand... WAIT!!...it was something…and it was saying something weird…and it happens during night time…I REMEMBER!! Before it happens Jiyeon told me a story!! It’s about the fairy that haunts girl who don’t believe in love(well, I don’t believe in love).... so it means that the story is true and fairies do really exist?…but I felt something is wrong…I’m suppose to be having a nightmare

but why I’m here? “Argh!.. I remembered that I didn’t let Jiyeon finished the story!!! Stupid me!!” Then I fell asleep. 

 

It's almost midnight when someone knocked on the door.It was Min. She told me that Madame already arrived. We went downstairs before they came in. I saw the big fat woman first then Sulli and both of them has a very big smile on their face.

 

“I’m so happy for you Sulli!!!” Her mother said.

“Thanks Mother”

“I’m so happy that you were able to be more acquainted with the duke’s son”

 

Then they both laugh like there’s no tomorrow… Which I found very creepy

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After two days, The duke sent a letter.

 

“All of you will clean the whole house tomorrow... the duke and his sons will come here tomorrow before afternoon

so I want it to be clean. Understood!”

 

              This big fat woman is really irritating me. She always tell us to clean the whole house even though its so clean.

Min told me to wake up early so that we’ll finished cleaning the house before Madame wakes up. Min told the other maids too.

 

February 19, 1850

 

you ’s POV]

              We woke up very early (yawn). I think its 4:00 in the morning.We change our clothes and we started cleaning the house.

Min and I were cleaning the big living room while the other two maids were cleaning the other room.

 

“Why will the Duke and his sons come here?” I asked.

“Because the Duke wants to see Sulli if she is suitable for one of his sons.

“Ohh…”

 

We’re almost done when Madame and Sulli woke up. They have big smiles on their face

“I want all of you to do your other jobs!! And mind your own business.Do you get what I mean?!” Madame said.

 

It’s almost noon when they arrived.I was cleaning the barn yard when Min called me…

“Do you want to snick out on what’s happening inside? Don’t worry…Madame will not know.” She said.

“Uhhmhh…Okay!”

 

We went at the kitchen and we open the door slightly. They are in the living room

 

“Whoah,They are all handsome!!What do you think of the eldest son?” Min asked.

“Huh?”

“The first one at the left”

Well...uhmm I think he’s kind(No, he isn’t. He looks serious and mean)”

“What about the second one?”

“I don’t know” I replied.

“What about the last one? He’s the youngest. Isn’t he cute?"

“Yeah. Cant you stop asking questions?! "

“Sulli is so lucky if one of the them will choose her.”

 

The Duke was saying something.I cant hear it Then Sulli stood up…

 

“I think Sulli will play the piano” Min said.

“Sulli knows how to play the piano?” I asked.

“Yup, And she’s pretty good at it.”

 

She started playing. She’s moving gracefully and beautifully… That was the first time that I was amazed to Sulli…

 

“She’s playing ‘Kanon by Johann Pachelbel’.”

“How’d you know that?” Min said.

“Well, I love classical music.” I replied.

 

That was my favorite. I love classical music but it changed when my father died. He died that day, the day of my musical. He died of car accident when he was going on my musical. After that I stopped playing the piano and going to  competitions.

 

“Sulli’s very pretty.” Min said.

I think the duke is quite impressed.

“ you , wait a minute…I‘ll just check something.”

“Okay.”

 

I continued looking at them. Then something caught my attention. I think someone was staring at me.

The eldest son was looking at me. He was staring at me, He's eyes were serious and sad...

How did he knew that we're here? I sat at the back of the door. I was surprised and my heart keeps beating fast.

Calm down...

Then Min came back.

 

"Why you look so pale? Are you okay." She asked.

"Y-yeah, I'm o-okay."

"I think they're finished. Come on, Let's go back to our work before Madame caught us."

"O-okay" I replied.

 

We continue doing our job. 
I went to the barn yard but the picture of his eyes were still on my mind...