Chapter 24

My Present's Past

(Sulli’s POV)

I repeatedly tapped my finger on the table, thinking what will be my next move… hmm…Then I remember the necklace. The necklace that Junhyung gave her and a smile formed my lips.

 

 

March 20, 1850

 (you ‘s POV)

 

you , here’s a present for you.” Lia said.

“What is this?” Then I opened the box and saw it was the dress from yesterday. “I th-thought…”

“Junhyung talked to Mrs. Park then there he bought it for you.” She giggled.

 

Yesterday, After I changed my clothes. Mrs. Park approached me that I can’t buy that dress because it was reserved for someone, even though she would like to give it to me, she cant. It was an order of one of her loyal clients so she really can’t give it. When Yoseob hear it he asked her if she can make another gown but the same materials and design. But Mrs. Park said she can’t because the cotton that was used there was very rare and expensive. I feel sad as we went home.

I feel so touched that Junhyung bought it for me. 

“I’m going to say thanks to him later… I’ll take a bath first.”

 

(Sulli’s POV)

I knocked on you ‘s room

 

“Suzy? Are you in there?” I knocked several times but no answers. So I decided to open the door and look around. Where is she? As I enter her room I hear the water on the bathroom..She’s taking a bath.  As I walk inside, I saw a box on the table.

“What is this?”

When I open it, I saw the dress from yesterday but I thought Mrs. Park wouldn’t sell it. I angrily closed the box and it fell on the ground.

 

“Lia?” you shouted from the bathroom.

I hurriedly pick the box and place it on the table. I should go, her maid my caught me here. When I’m on my way out something caught my attention. It was the necklace. Its on the top of her desk. How lucky I am today.

 

( you ‘s POV)

When I finished drying my hair, I went to the desk where I put my necklace but it’s not there anymore then I began to panic.  I looked for it beside the desk, under the desk. Its not there. I tried to look under my pillows, below the bed, on the table.. but it’s not there. Where is it? I ring the bell to ask Lia for help.

 

“I can’t find my necklace. I j-just put it there on top of the desk.”

“Are you sure?” Lia asked.

“Yes, I’m very sure.”

 

After two hours, we haven’t find it yet.. I almost cried but Lia cheer me up and said we will find it.

So we spend another hour looking for it. But no trace of…it.

 

“Don’t cry.”

“But the necklace is very important to me..”

“I know. You should take a rest. Tomorrow we will ask the other maids if they saw it.” I just nodded and wipe my tears.

I really didn’t sleep the whole night. Thinking about the necklace and the last time I placed it.

 

March 21, 1850

When I woke up, I began searching to it again. Then someone knocked on my door.

 

“It’s Sulli.”

“C-come in.”

 

I fixed my nightgown as she enters. I forgot I haven’t brush my hair.

 

“Suzy, Are you alright?”

“Yes, Sulli, Did you happen to see my necklace? It has a rose pendant and a diamond at the center.?”

 

(Sulli’s POV)

“No, I didn’t” I replied.

 

You really cannot find it here you annoying maid. And you will never see it.

 

“Uhh, I’ll try to help you then.”

“Thank you Sulli.”

“You are welcome. Friend should help each other, right” Then she smiled back at me.

After an hour she is still searching. I told her that I have to leave because I have things to do. She said thank you then I left. What an annoying she is. As I enter my room I went to the side table and open my jewelry box and there is you ‘s necklace. I’ll never return this to you. I’m pretty sure, If junhyung found out that she lost her necklace that he gave her.. He’ll be mad.

 

( you ‘s POV)

“Did the other maids saw it? How about the coachman yesterday? Did you ask him?”

“Yes, but all of them replied the same answer. They didn’t see it.” Lia explained.

“It can’t be!  I knew it was h-here!! Ohh… That necklace is very important to me..Junhyung gave it to me..I lost it..”

 

Lia startled when I shouted. “Calm down. Do you want to go to the central town? Maybe you misplace it there.”

 

I hurriedly changed my clothes while Lia approach the coachman. When we arrived at Mrs. Park’s shoppe I almost tripped as I ran through the door and I can see that Mrs. Park is surprised.

 

“Oh, goodness, Lady Suzy. Walk slowly.”

“Mrs. Park Did you happen to see my necklace here? It has a rose pendant and a diamond at the center?”

“No my lady, I’m sorry”

“How about the two girls that helped me?

“Wait, I’ll ask them.”

 

I sat on the chesterfield while waiting for Mrs. Park. Please.. Please.. I hope they find it.

A few minutes later, I stood up as I saw Mrs. Park. But I can see through her face that they didn’t saw it.

 

“Thank you, Mrs. Park” I went out sadly.

“What happen?” Lia asked.

 

I shook my head. Lia told me that we should go now and continue searching tomorrow but I refused.

“Lia, you should go first.”

“What? No, I wont. Without you? NO, NO. If the duke found out that you are not there we’ll be in trouble”

“Pretend to be me. Lia. Please, Just one day.”

“Oh no no no.”

“Please I have to find that necklace. Please…pleaseee”

 

“Fine Fine!! Just for today. But promise, you have to go back before evening.”

“I promise.”

 

When Lia left I tried to search to the other stores that Lia and I went yesterday.

It’s almost evening but I haven’t found it. Ooh..I’m  very tired and I haven’t eat anything since this morning. I have to go back before sunset but when I looked into the sky its cloudy.. will it rain? Please, no.

 

“No, lady.” Said the old man.

As I went out to the last shop, the rain began to pour. So unlucky. I don’t have an umbrella and the carriage is quite far…But I have to go back in the mansion immediately. No choice. I have to run.

The rain pour heavily making hard to ran because the gown is so heavy and wet. Where is the carriage again? I’m really bad at direction. After a few turns on the street I finally found it.

“Young lady, quickly go inside.” The old coachman said.

“Thank you.”

 

When we arrived in the mansion, tired and exhausted. I passed through the backdoor so no one can see. I tip toe as I went upstairs.

Then I heard a voice.

“Where have you been?”

I turned around and saw Hyunseung. Oh not today.,, he looked at me from head to toe.

“ I went to the garden and it rains so I went back immediately.”

“Is that so?”

“Y-yess… Can I go now? Because the carpet might get wet because of my gown. ” I turned back to him  and slowly walking away.

 

“You should stop now before it’s too late. Before everyone finds out, because you really entering a big trouble.” Hyunseung said.

 

Is that a warning? When I turned around for the second time, Hyunseung is nowhere to be found. Another problem, Ugh! I’m so stressed out here. Then I continued walking to my room and my vision start to blur.

you , Where have you been? I told you to go home before evening.” Lia said nervously.

“s-sorry, L-lia. I didn’t find it. So unlucky today…very unlucky..”

 

I squinted my eyes as I looked into Lia… I feel dizzy and my vision is turning upside down..

 

“Oh my! You look so pale! you … And why your gown..! Change immediately!!”

But before I answer her I collapse.

 

I opened my eyes and saw Lia sitting beside the bed and she’s asleep. I tried to move but my head really hurts.

 

“You should rest. You’re burning don’t you know that? You are sick.”

“I’m fine.” Then I tried to sit on the bed.

“Maybe I should ask the family doctor to come…”

“No lia. Don’t tell anyone…please..dont tell anyone.”

“I have to leave you for a while, I have to ran an errand for the Duke. Are you sure you are fine?”

I nodded. Then Lia worriedly left me.

 

 

 

I was awaken with the knocked on the door. When the door open it was Sulli...

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Another chapter! Wooh~ so many ideas on my mind today.

 What do you think will Sulli do? Stay tuned!

 

Thanks for subscribing~ :D