Chapter 16

My Present's Past

March 15, 1850

( you ‘s POV)

 

“Do you want to  go with me in the garden and pick up some flowers.” Fei asked me after we ate breakfast.

“Of course! I’d love to.” I Happily replied.

As Fei finished washing the dishes we went to the garden not too far from the vacation house. The garden is smaller than in the Duke’s Mansion. She taught me what are the flowers that I need to pick and the flowers that I have to leave. I want to bring all the flowers back in my world for my mom, they are all pretty and big.

 

“You two seems awkward.” Fei said.

“Two?” I asked her.

“Yeah, Junhyung and you. As I observed yesterday you two don’t really talk to each other and it’s different from what the Duke told me.” She said confusingly.

“Why? What did the duke tell you? Junhyung and I are not really that close.”

“The Duke told me that you two are very close and Junhyung saved you and even carried you and the Duke is very happy because Junhyung never do that to a girl. You’re the first.” Fei explained

I blushed as the memories of the festival began to flashback and I don’t want to remember it. And those words that Junhyung said. “I’ll protect you.”

While walking back home, Fei and I had a little chit chat, talking about flowers and all.

“I almost forgot. There is this event tonight. The Duke told me that you and Junhyung must attend.  ” She smiled.

 

That night:

Fei knocked on my door carrying a box. She told me that it is the dress that i’m going to wear tonight and my guardian sent it for me. Fei told me that she’ll go back after finishing some house chores to fix my hair and do some little make-up like what Lia did to me last festival. As fei leaved the room, I opened the box there I see a note from Suzy.

 

Dear you ,

Hope you’re doing fine. I don’t know how I will repay you for all the things that you did for me.

Here’s a small present for you. I hope you like it.

 

-          SUZY

 

I smiled as I fold the small paper and wear the dress.  The dress is strapless and baby pink in color, It has diamonds beaded in front and the down part is seemingly transparent from my knee to toe. The dress just fit me fine. Fei knocked again carrying a small box and she was completely surprised as she saw me wearing the dress.

 

“You look so lovely, lady Suzy. ”

“Thank you, Fei.” I blushed.

 

She let me sit on the chair beside my bed and she opened the small box that she was carrying and it is lush with cosmetics and different hair pins and barrettes. And she begins blending and brushing colors onto my skin. As she finished, she starts on my hair she rolled it forming a bun and leaving some hair falling through it and weaving it around curlers.

 

“The event will be held in the Plaza. The carriage will go to fetch you and junhyung up later. ”

 

As she removed the curlers revealing the wavy hair she put a pink barrette into it stating that it’s the final touch of her work.

 

“There, you look so gorgeous. Junhyung, will be the luckiest man tonight.”

“Stop it Fei, J-junhyung doesn’t like me.” And I’m so shocked that I said those words.

“No, Lady Suzy. He likes you and I can see it through his eyes. Just give him some time.” She said confidently.

Fei accompanied be downstairs and there is Junhyung waiting. As I stepped carefully down the stairs I can see that Junhyung is looking at me. He’s wearing a black suit that complements his eyes and it suits him very well.

 

(Junhyung’s POV)

 

While waiting at the living room I feel so nervous but I don’t know why. As I heard Fei talking I stood up and waited them to go down. My eyes widen as I see Suzy going down the stair. I’ve never seen her like that. She’s different, very different from the last time I saw her in the festival.

 

(you ‘s POV )

 

We are quiet as we ride the carriage waiting to arrive at the Plaza. After half an hour we arrived in the event.  Fun and classical music begins to play and there are many people and men and women dancing happily with their partners. There’s a carpet that leads to the entrance and there’s a man who’s announcing the name who enters the Plaza. As we walked, Junhyung offer his hand and I accept it and hold it. As we enter the plaza, the man announces that the Duke’s son and his future wife arrived. O gosh future wife. I have no plan for that. Then the people began cheering and clapping.

During the event Junhyung and I were separated because many women want to talk to him asking and complementing him.  There are women who talked to me asking what is the life in the duke’s mansion and how does it feel to be a candidate.

As the music stops and the man who’s announcing a while shouted “The Last Dance will begin in a minute.” Then all the men find their partner, forming a circle at the center of the plaza.

 

“What last dance?” I asked the lady beside me.

“You don’t know? It is a dance wherein men and women must dance together and as the beat of music change you partner will change also,  your partner in the last beat of music will be you partner forever.”

 

I tried to find Junhyung but he’s nowhere to be found. The music began and a man offers his hand to dance, I accept it and we dance. The music is fun and you can see that all of them are having fun.

 

“My name is Dojoon, pretty lady” He said.

“My name is Suzy, nice meeting you.”

“Nice meeting you too.” He smiled.

 

As we dance and feel the beat of music it suddenly change and we exchange partners..

 

“Hope to see you again, Lady Suzy.” Dojoon said.

 

As the beat of the music changes for four times already, the man announced that the last dance will come next. As I bid farewell to my fourth partner I’m planning not to dance the Last. I went to the table where drinks and foods are serving because I’m so thirsty. While drinking, I turned around into the trees at the back and saw someone is sitting there. I went there and see Junhyung.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Getting some fresh air.”

“Are you not going to do the last dance?”

He just quietly sitting there and did not answer my question.

 

“Ok fine. Me too, I’m not going to do it.” And I sit beside him. Resting my back at the big trunk of the tree.  

We sit there in silence listening as the music of the last dance play. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there! What do you think will happen next? Will Junhyung do the Last Dance? Stay tuned~

 

Thanks for subscribing! :D