Chapter 23

My Present's Past

( you 's POV )

 

As the afternoon passes by, all the candidates were all in the central town to buy things they want. It's shopping time.

I’m not quite familiar with the shoppes here, the last time I was here was the time when Junhyung saved me. I looked through the window of our moving carriage. Colorful gowns, ruffles, feathered hats, polished shoes...etc. I thought I would only see these things in story books. The carriage stopped on one of the store. I read “”Luxurious Shoppe” hmmm… looks expensive, eh?

 

“We are here.” Lia said. “This is the shop where I bought all your clothes.”

“Looks expensive.”

“It really is. Only you and Sulli are the one who buys from here.” She said.

 

Sulli? Then I remember our conversation yesterday.

The store is big it is a two-storey building and as we enter, the bell rang that was on top of the door. Shimmering gown and diamonds are the one who greeted us when we enter. There is a chesterfield sofa for the customers who waits and underneath was a grey fur carpet. Above the counter was a big chandelier. The mannequins are like living creatures as they wear those luxurious gowns.

 

“Good day, Ms. Lia.” A woman greeted us. Her brown hair was wavy and short , I think she is in mid 30’s. “Oh, so this is Lady Suzy? It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Mrs. Park. I’m the one who’s designing your clothes.”

 

“Nice meeting you.” As I curtsy.

“What a beautiful young lady. Do make yourself at home. Go around, there are new gowns that I made.” She said calmly.

“I will. Thank you.”

 

As I go around the shop. Lia told me that she’s going to buy some new pair of shoes for me because she knew that I will spend so many hours here to find what I want because all the dress and gowns here are too beautiful to resist.

“See you.” I waved goodbye to Lia.

Uhmhm…. How about a pastel color gown? Or this crimson dress? Or this yellow coat? Lia is right. It is really hard to choose.  Then the bell on the store rings indicating a new customer has come... Is that Lia? But when I turned around it was Sulli.

 

“Hi, Suzy!!” Sulli smiled. “So you buy gowns in here too.”

“Yes.” I replied.

 

Then after that she talked to Mrs. Park and I heard that she was asking if the gown that she ordered last week are already finish. I saw Mrs. Park nodded.

 

(Sulli’s POV)

“I would like to fit it now.” I commanded her.

“Yes, Lady Sulli. Just give me a minute.”

 

While waiting for my gown I asked Min to leave the shop and do some business… while I talk to this you .

 

“Hi Suzy, would you like some help?”

“Thank you. I’m really having a hard time choosing. All these gowns were pretty.”

 

Yeah, it is and it doesn’t fit for a maid like you who disguise as a rich lady.

 

“Uhmm… Why don’t you try this? ” I pointed at the simple white dress. “It will suit you.”

“Really? I’ll try it on then.” When Mrs. Park came back carrying the box with my gown inside. I told you if she wants that we fit our dress together. I’m pretty sure I will be prettier than her. The gown that I chose for her is like it was made for maids like her. Haha. Mrs. Park called four girls to help us to wear our gown. I went to the first fitting room while that maid I mean you is on the second.

( you ‘s POV)

The fitting room is bigger that I thought. The big curtain that surrounds half of the room serves as the door. The two girls, the one has a short hair while the other has a long hair, began to undress me and help me wear the white dress. The girl with the short hair fix my hair while the long hair one is doing laces at the back off the dress.

“Do you know young lady that this gown really suits you? You look stunning. Though it looks simple unlike the others, Mrs. Park made this carefully, the cotton that she used in here was rare and very expensive.” The short hair said.

“And this gown is inspired to a swan.” The long hair said.

I’m surprised what they’ve said. This dress is special, as I touch it, it really is comfortable to wear. When I turned around and face the mirror the dress really suits me.

 

“You look like a beautiful swan. I mean not literally a swan..” the short hair said.

 

The necklace that Junhyung gave me complements my dress. Do you like it? As I touch the necklace on my neck.

 

Before the two girls open the curtain, I heard the bell rings again. Is it Lia? but when I hear the familiar voice, It was Junhyung then I heard another voice and I realized it was Yoseob. Why are they doing here? I thought these store is for women only…

 

“Does this store sells clothes for men?” I asked the short hair.

“Yes, lady. It’s at the second floor.”

 

The short hair almost open the curtain when I stopped her…

“Please, Don’t open it yet. Give me a minute.” I saw that she was startled.

 

I don’t know but I feel shy. Maybe because Junhyung and Yoseob is there.? Or is it because of Junhyung? I’m afraid what will Junhyung say if he sees me.

“Are you ready?” The short hair asked.

“N-no, not yet…” I sighed.

 

Then I heard Sulli’s voice.Is she finished already?

“Ooh, Junhyung!!” Sulli shouted.

“How do I look? What do you think?” She giggled.

 

I waited for Junhyung to answer…please don’t answer… please..

I hear no replies coming from Junhyung.  I don’t know but I feel  glad.

 

“You are beautiful.” Yoseob said.

“Oh, thank you!!”

 

Then I hear Sulli speaks again…

 

“I forgot, Suzy are you finished?” she shouted.

“Suzy is here?”Yoseob asked.

“Yes.”

 

“A-almost” I sighed. I have no choice.

After a minute I told the two girls that I’m now ready. The short hair opened the curtain. I took a deep breath as the curtain being pulled away. And the first person I saw was Junhyung.

 

He was looking at me. I shyly bowed my head but the long hair girl whisper to lift my head.

As I lift my head, Junhyung is still looking at me. I cannot predict what is he thinking right now. Do I look ugly?  Does he like it?

Then I saw Yoseob smiling back at me, that angelic smile of him makes my heart warm.  Then I saw Sulli staring back at me. 

 

“You look stunning.” Yoseob said.

“Th-thank you.” Then heat comes running through my cheeks.

 

Then I saw Mrs. Park and she was surprised as she saw me.

 

“Gorgeous, young lady! very gorgeous.” She said as she clapped. “What can you say, mister? It suits her right? As she asked Junhyung.

 

I don’t want to look into Junhyung’s eyes so I just bowed my head again waiting for his answer…

“Yes.” He said.

 

Then my heart begins to beat faster.

“Thank you.” I looked into his eyes. Now I can see that he really likes it.

 

(Sulli’s POV )

I want to rip that dress!! What is so stunning about her?!  What is so gorgeous about that maid!!? And Junhyung, he didn’t answer my question awhile ago , then now he answered?! I’m losing my patience right now… Just wait you….. just wait….

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there! What do you think about this chapter? :)

 

Thanks for subscribing.

I might add another chapter tonight. :) Thank you for all the comments!