Chapter 40

My Present's Past

( you 's POV )

 

The next day:

My last subject was the drama class and when I arrived at the classroom. I saw that there was a note on the board from Mrs. Kim.

“No class today. All of you must go to the theater and practice for your finals. Thank you.”

 

I thought my unlucky days will end yesterday but I think it will continue until next next week. I just let out a sighed and get my script and went to the theater. I walked slowly at the corridor because I can feel that Junhyung is not there. Junhyung will not waste his ‘not so precious’ time practicing the finals.

I finally arrived at the theater and opened the door. I saw my classmates there with their partners practicing their own lines. How will I pass this subject if Junhyung is my partner? Jiyeon saw me and approached me.

 

you What’s up!!”

“Hey there.” I just smiled.

“Ohh… don’t give me a gloomy face.” Cheering me up.

“Did you see Junhyung?”

“No. Aww… you do you want me to help you memorizing your lines?” She asked.

“No. I’m fine, thank you. Just continue practicing ,your partner is waiting.” I said and she nodded.

 

I went at the back of the theater and sat there. I’m envying my classmates who are practicing in front of the stage. I admit that I don’t like acting but I do love reading poems and stories. I read and at the same time memorize my scripts. If Junhyung will not come, I have no choice but to perform on my own. I don’t want to fail any subject only because he will not come. I know I can do it alone. Hwaiting, you .

The clock is ticking 7 PM when I looked at it and some of the pairs already went home. I almost fall asleep while memorizing my scripts when Jiyeon startled me.

 

you !!! Let’s go home!!” She said.

“I’m fine. You can go first Jiyeon. I’ll just finish memorizing the last part.” I said.

“Are you serious? You can just memorize it at home. Woah! Woah! Don’t tell me you’re still waiting for Junhyung to come??” She said.

“No!! Of course, no!!!”  I shouted. (But I lied I’m still hoping for Junhyung to come even though I knew that its impossible)

“I’m fine Jiyeon. You can go now. Don’t worry I’ll turn off the lights and lock the theater when I go home.”

“Ok then. Don’t go home late you !!!” Jiyeon said.
“Yup. Don’t worry.” I said.
“Bye, you . By the way, when you lock the door, You lock it from the outside. Ok? ”

“Yup. Bye.” Then Jiyeon left.

 

Ok I’m alone and now I could practice my acting skills. But I really have no idea where to start and how to act and express my lines. I walked at the center and went to the stage.

The wood flooring creaks as I walk. I look at my script and pick a line
 

O Romeo, Romeo,

wherefore art thou Romeo?

Deny thy father and refuse thy name,

Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,

And I’ll no longer be a Capulet.

 

“Oh, Romeo, Romeo~” I read it loud. I can feel that I’m emotionless and stupid at the same time reading a masterpiece with no emotion. How will I act this? I try to say the lines again and act.

“Oh Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?”  It’s a scene in the balcony so I have to imagine myself in the balcony. I close my eyes and continue to say the lines “Deny thy father and refuse thy name…” Also I have to imagine that I’m not aware that Romeo is just below in the orchard, hiding. “Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I’ll no longer be a Capulet…” Tears came running down through my cheeks as I opened my eyes because I remember my dream again. The dream that I thought is true and real and has a tragedy ending. The dream where Junhyung is my Romeo and I’m Juliet.  And our story has no happy ending.  The paper I was holding was blurred because of the tears that fell.

I wipe my tears. Maybe I’m just too tired, I decided to stop practicing for today and go home. As I walk at the stairs to get my bag I heard someone is shouting outside. I looked at the window and saw five boys carrying something (looks like a baseball bat) and they are students and one of them is shouting. I turn off the lights of the theater and hide at the window, I watch what will they do next.  The boy who is shouting is talking to someone  but I cant see who it was because it was too dark.

 

“YAH!!! You kneel down in front of me and beg for forgiveness or else we are going to beat you until you lose your breathe!!!” The boy spit and shouted again.

 

My eyes widened when I saw who the boy was talking to. It was Junhyung. I don’t know but I become nervous on what will happen next.

 

“Are you deaf?!!! Yah!! Answer me!!!” The boy shouted.

Junhyung didn’t answer him. I looked at the boy who shouted signaling his gangs to attack Junhyung. Omaygad. Junhyung, please run. I want to shout on him but I cant.You cant beat them up. Its 1:6 ratio. The two boys attack Junhyung but Junhyung managed to avoid the baseball bats but the third whip of the third boy hit him hard at the back. I began to panic, I have to do something but my hands were trembling. I can see that Junhyung is in pain but he was still trying to stand up.

 

“Are you going to kneel down or not!??!” The boy asked again but Junhyung didn’t answer.

 

Junhyung punched the third and the fourth boy but the first one whip him again in the head making Junhyung collapse on the ground. Junhyung! My legs were trembling. I really have to do something NOW. Junhyung tried to stand again and I can see that blood were dripping on his face.

I panic more!Be brave you !!! I went out and I can feel my legs are trembling as I ran to the place where I saw them.

“STOOPP!!!!” I shouted on top of my lungs because I saw that they are going to whip Junhyung again.

 

They stopped and looked at me. I looked at Junhyung and he was shocked.
 

“W-hy..a-re…youu..he.ree..?..Stu..pid..” He said.

“How sweet. Is this your girlfriend???” The first boy smirked and he was walking towards me.

 

I’m so scared when he was near… so near.

 

“Don..t tou…ch her!!!!” Junhyung shouted even though he’s in pain. “Ran!!! you!!! Junhyung shouted.

I’m about to run when the first boy grabbed my arm. “You think we will let you escape?! Huh?!!”

“Let me goo!!! Let mee goo!!!” I spit on his face. Then I remember the ballpen that I have in my pocket. I get it and strike it hard to the boy’s hand whose gripping my arms. The boy let out a pained.

“HELLPPP!!! HELLPP!!! HEEEELPP!!” I shouted so if there’s a guard roaming he will hear me and luckily I heard a whistle. The second boy shouted “There’s a guard!! We should run!!” Then the others followed.

“Guard!!! Helpp!!!”  I pointed to the guard where the 6 boys ran.

 

I immediately went to Junhyung “Gwaenchana?? Junhyung??! Are you ok??!”

 

“Are you really stupid??!!! Ha?!!” He shouted.

“W-what?!”

“Are you thinking??!!” And I can see that he’s really angry.

“Why are you angry?! Why cant you just say “thanks” for helping you!!” I replied. It makes me angry because he didn’t even say thanks for helping him.

“STUPID!!! Are you out of your min--…..” then He collapsed.

“Junhyung!!”  He collapsed in me and he’s heavy. When I saw his face it was covered with blood. Omaygadh. Eottheokhe?? What to do? What to do? I help him stand up, I put my arms on his waist to support him.

“Junhyung, please wake up.” I begged him.

 

He just groaned telling me that he is still conscious. We walk inside the theater again to let Junhyung rest for awhile. Junhyung leaned on the wall as I get my bag because I remember that I have my handkerchief there. I immediately went to the girl’s bathroom to wash my handkerchief then I ran again to the theater and saw that Junhyung is in pain.  I began to wipe the blood on his face.

 

“Gwaenchana?” I asked but I can see that he cant speak because of the pain.

“Stupid.” He said.

“You are the one who is Stupid!!! Cant you see?!! You’ll never win!! You are alone and they are six!! Are you insane?!!!”

 

I was startled when he stopped me from wiping his face. And he just stared at me. Those eyes, black as midnight sky and he just stares at me, the only stare that makes my heart melts. My heart starts to beat fast when I realized that his face were near mine. Is he going to k-kiss m-me?

I can feel his breathing… He closed his eyes and I close mine but then I feel that something fell on my shoulder and when I opened my eyes I saw it was Junhyung and he really collapse now on my shoulder. I blushed because I don’t know what to do and I’m not expecting that he’s going to collapse. I tied the handkerchief around his head to stop the wound bleeding. I think he’s asleep I place my bag under his head to serves as his pillow. I stood up and try to sneak out in the clinic if it is open so that I could get some medicines for Junhyung. But when I tried to open the door in the theater it was lock. Seriously? I turn the knob many times but it was really locked. But I cant remember when did I locked it. The I remember what Jiyeon told me that you can just locked from the outside and the person who suddenly pops on my mind was the guard. Aish!!! How can we get out of here without students and teacher noticing us tomorrow?! And plus, if they see Junhyung wounded. I think I’m going crazy right now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Annyeong haseyo~ Here's an update for you guys. Hope you like it. :)

Thanks for subscribing~