Chapter 28

My Present's Past

 

( you ‘s POV )

My eyes widened while looking at the girl who’s entering the ballroom. This is all imaginary right? This… this is not real right? I’m so nervous, even though the room is crowded I can hear my heart beat. Junhyung stopped and he is looking at the girl with confusion. When I looked at the Duke and Yoseob I saw that they are in shocked too.

 

Ha…ra” Junhyung said.

 

When Junhyung said that name that’s the time I realized that it was true. That the girl is Hara, she is Junhyung’s first love.

I tremble as the girl walks towards us, I want to run away. No. I can’t. I must stay. I’m so nervous as she came nearer to us.

 

“Junhyung!” She walks towards us and to my surprise she hugged Junhyung.

“I miss you Junhyung! I miss you so much!!”  As she hug him more tight.

 

I want to sink in to the ground. I want to disappear right now. I... I can’t watch this. I felt that my heart shatters. Then suddenly I heard the Duke’s voice. He is walking towards us.

“Hara, What a surprise! It’s been so long.” The duke said.

Hara curtsy and smiled.. “Yes, It’s been so long.”

“You are really a good girl. You’ve never forget even Yoseob’s birthday.” The duke said.

“Of course. Also, I have another reason why I’d return…” She said. “It’s because of Junhyung.

“Junhyung?” The duke asked.

“I came back because of Junhyung.” Then Hara faced Junhyung again. “Do you remember our promise? I promise that I’ll come back. We promise that we are going to marry and have children? Right? You said you are going to wait me even if it takes forever…”

“Wait, Hara. You are married!” The Duke interrupted.

“I disobeyed my parents. I didn’t follow them. I did not come to my wedding. I r-ran away.” Hara explained. “Because I Love Junhyung... Do you still love me, Junhyung? ” Hara asked.

 

My whole body is trembling. I can’t stand it anymore. I want to cover my ears so that I can’t hear the words that Hara was saying. I look at Junhyung and waits if he will reply or not.

 

“Hara…I..I..” Junhyung said.

“Junhyung, It’s fine if you can’t answer me right now. I know that you are surprise. The important is that I’m here now. I love you Junhyung.” Hara smiled.

 

I’m expecting Junhyung to look at me and tell me that it’s alright. But he didn’t even give me a glimpse. He…he was just looking at Hara now. Only her. I can feel that any minutes tears will fall into my eyes but before it happened… Yoseob interrupted.

 

“Hara! It is pleasant to see you again!”

“Yoseob! Me too, I miss you!” Hara said.

Yoseob looked at me. “Oh I have to excuse this friend of mine.” Then I was startled when he grabbed my hand. “Let’s go.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoseob let go of my hand when he saw that we are in the garden. He makes sure that no one follows us or saw us. I knew why Yoseob did that.

 

“Thank you Yoseob.”  My eyes began to teary.

 

Yoseob came closer and wipe the tears on my cheeks. “I want to show you something.”

After we’ve passed through the maze garden I saw a house. I’ve never seen it before it not just a simple house it’s made of glass. When we enter, I realized it’s like a greenhouse.

Yoseob offered me a seat. And there we sat at the bench giving the full view of the plants.

 

“You can cry now.” Yoseob said.

 

I don’t know… but tears suddenly fall into my eyes. I cried and cried until I feel exhausted.

Yoseob was still sitting beside me he’s didn’t say anything. I knew that he wants me to release my anger and all.

 

“Y-yoseob...” My words are not clear.

“You can say anything you want. I’m here to listen.” He said calmly.

“Y-yoseob…It..it hurts…” I sobbed. “I’m expecting Junhyung to lo-ok at me b-but he didn’t. Why Y-yoseob? W-why? ” I sobbed.

“Does it m-ean he still have fe-eling for… Ha-hara?” I added.

 

Yoseob didn’t answer my question. He just placed his hand on my shoulder and let my head lean on his shoulder. I cried more because I remember that Junhyung also did this to me.

“Suzy, look up.” He said.

 

I looked up and stars greeted me. This night is different the dark sky is filled with stars.

 

“So beautiful” I whispered.

“Do you know that this happens once a year?” He said.  “My mother …before she died used to tell me that if you see a falling star you should close your eyes and wish because…”

“It will come true.” I finished.

 

I can see that Yoseob was surpised.  We just sat in the bench for an hour and looked at the sky. No one talks. Only silence and the stars in the sky.

“Oh! Suzy! There’s a falling star! Let's make a wish!” Yoseob shouted.

I saw it and we both close our eyes and wish…

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What will happen now? 

 

Thanks for subscribing. :)