Chapter 46

My Present's Past

you ‘s POV

 

Today is the ‘day’ and I’m still here in my bed thinking if I should go to school or not. I’m looking at the present that my mom gave me last night and it makes me sad because she bought that dress for me to wear it today but… I don’t know if I should go or not.

I let out a sighed. My phone rings and immediately stood up and sees that it was Jiyeon.

 

“Yobeoseyo?”

you !!! Are you excited today? ” She said.

“Wae?” I asked lazily.

“I’m so excited to see your performance. You already knew what part I am referring to!” She giggled.

“Yah Jiyeon! Stop it!!! I’m…I’m……”

“Omo~ Are you alright? Are you not feeling well you? ”

“I’m… not going to perform Jiyeon.” Finally I replied.

“WHAAATT??!!! NO WAYYY??!! WHY??!! Wait!!! I’ll go there!”

“Ji--” But before I replied she already hanged up her phone.

 

I threw my phone on the bed and fell down on my knees. I looked so haggard and messed up as I look at my reflection in the mirror.

“I hate you Junhyung!!! I hate you!!!!” I shouted.

 

A couple of minutes had passed when Jiyeon rushed to my room and I can see that she looks shocked when she saw me.

 

you you look terrible!!”

“Jiyeon!” And when she hugged me I let out a cry again.

“Aww.. Stop crying you. What happen to you? Did Junhyung hurt you?” She said.

 

 I don’t know how I will explain it to Jiyeon because she might think that I have feelings for Junhyung. And I hate to admit it that I really have and I cant stop myself from falling to him. I… I don’t want Jiyeon to know my feeling for him because I’m still trying to stop it.

After Jiyeon comforted me and gave me some advice. I made up my mind.

 

“I’ll perform alone, Jiyeon.” I said.

“Are you sure?” She looked at me like she was so scared on what am I going to do.

“Yes. I already made my decision and I don’t want to fail this subject just because of that stupid jerk.”

“Ok then. I believe you.” As she hold and tapped my hand.

 

Jiyeon helped me to dress up and do some make up. It was just a simple make up that would fit to my dress.  After I’ve finished preparing she went home to change and told me to wait so we can go to school together.

 

At the theater…

 

The plays begin and three pairs were already done performing. Jiyeon and her partner is the next one who’ll perform and I can see that she’s excited. She looked at me and gave me a “fighting!” sign and I replied.

 

“You can do it!” Then she smiled back.

 

While Jiyeon and her partner performing I reread my script again because I was the next one. I was nervous because I’m the only one who doesn’t have a pair. I keep on biting my nails and it was really a sign that I’m so worried on what going to happen on stage.

The crowd clapped and shouted as Jiyeons’ performance was finished. It was excellent! It was a perfect performance and Jiyeon was smiling back at the crowd.

 

“Prrrrrrfect!!! Bravo!!!! ” Mrs Kim said.

When the crowd calms down Mrs Kim called the next pair.

“Next! Ooh… the last pair who will perform and the performance that I’m waiting for.” She said.

“Romeo and Juliet by  William Shakespeare will perform by Ms. you and Mr. Junhyung.” She continued.

I stand with wobbly legs as the crowd gone wild.

 

“Mrs. Kim..”

“Yes, Ms. you what’s the problem?” She said.

“I’m going to perform alone. Ju-junhyung is sick so he cant perform.” I answered and heard some of the students was saying “boo!  boo!”.

“Alright, we have no choice. Go on stage now.”

 

I nodded and went to the stage. I looked to the crowd and feel more nervous. My feet were wobbling and my mind won’t cooperate on me. Omo~

I’ve standing there for awhile and I see that Mrs. Kim was frowning.

 

“Start now, Ms. you or I’ll give you a failing grade.”

“Y-yes, Ma’am.”  I took a deep breath and start…

I just have to imagine that Junhyung is here…

 

“G-good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,

Which mannerly devotion shows in this,

For saints have h-hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,

And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.”

As I actioned it imagining that Junhyung was there holding my hand. My words were shaky and the crowd was looking at me. Some of them were laughing thinking like I’m an idiot performing alone on the stage. I closed my eyes stopping myself not to cry. I bit my lip to say the next line when I heard a voice…

 

A familiar voice.

 

“Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?” I look at the side of the stage and saw Junhyung walking towards me.

“J-junhyung…” I whispered. The crowds were silent looking at the two of us and astonished.

 

He came. I..I'm so happy that he came. He glanced at me signaling me to say the next line.

 

“Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.” I said.

“O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do.

They pray; grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.” He replied. And he was so near now. Very near.

“S-saints do not move, t-hough grant for prayers' sake.”  I can’t say the words properly because Junhyungs’face was few inches to mine.  And.. and I can smell alcohol.

 

“J-junhyung are you d-drunk?” I whispered.

He smirked. “Then move not, while my prayer’s effect I take.” He said. He was staring back at me like what he did on my dream when he kissed me. But…but when I look through his eyes all I can see was Hara. Junhyung was drunk he was not on his normal state.

 

“J-junhyung we m-must stop.” I whispered.

Junhyung held my face and remove the hair that was covering my face. I froze on what he did. Then he stared back at me and his face was moving nearer and nearer and the next thing I knew is that his lips met mine.

 

“Junhyung.”

His kiss was gentle like I was a fragile thing that he doesn’t want to break. He put his hands around my waist and pulled me closer. I can taste the alcohol that he drunk.

 

Then he let go and said the next line. My mind wasn’t cooperating again.

 

“Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged.” He said.

“Then have my lips the sin that they have took.” It was almost a whisper when I said the line.

“Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged

Give me my sin again.” Then he kissed me again. But this time it is more passionate. I refused to kiss him back but he put his hand around my waist again and pulled me closer and found myself kissing him back.

I just realize that he was saying something , at first I don’t get it but when he said it again…

 

“I’ll protect you…from them” He said

 

My eyes widened when he said those words.

 

“I’ll protect you …. Hara.” He said then he was staring back at me again.

 

That’s the last words the he said before he fainted on the stage.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong~ Another update for you guys. Hope you like it.

WHO do you think the "them" who Junhyung was referring to??? And WHY do he need to protect Hara from them?

Find out soooooon~

Thanks for subscribing and I appreciate all your comments!