Meeting after 5 years

Love isn't just a game.

 

<5 years later>

 

Everything remains the same, well maybe not everything, Time passed and even if we don’t notice it, life changes, nothing is permanent. Five years have soon passed by, and Lee Sungmin is right now in Korea again.

 

She observes her hometown, she missed it so much and now finally she’s back.

 

She can’t help herself from smiling thinking that she is right where she was born. She will be living here again.

 

The air. The smell, the people, nothing changed. Most just grew old, most just became mature, even her.

 

While she is busy admiring the city, she heard a cute shriek and a sudden hug follows, making both of them fell on the ground.

 

 

“Minnniiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee!” she said “I miss you, I really really miss you!”

 

Sungmin scrunch up her face, she knows who owns that voice, that voice is really familiar to her. Why can’t it be? It’s the voice she always hear at the telephone, the girl who would always complains to her when she has a problem at her school (or Sungmin’s old school), or when she is excited about something, Yes, that girl is the owner of that voice. That angelic high pitched voice.

 

“Ryeowook” Sungmin said, still catching up her breath “I…can’t breathe, You are…hugging me too tight!”

 

Ryeowook sat up and looked at the girl beneath her “Sorry, Minnie, I am just really excited that you are now here, here in Korea again!”

 

Sungmin smiles at her long time friend, her long time bestfriend “Me too, Wookie, I am excited as well, now that I am back”

 

“You’re still as pretty as when you were here, Minnie,” Ryeowook giggled “but you changed a lot, seriously. You are one hot delicious lady”

 

Sungmin blushed by Ryeowook’s straightforward compliment and lightly hit Ryeowook’s arm “Wookie!” she exclaimed “what a compliment to give, To think that you are now a lady and you compliment me like that,”

 

“Why? There’s nothing wrong with that Minnie, you really did changed a lot” Ryeowook replied “If everyone in the campus saw you again, I pretty am sure they’d all drool over you rather than tease you just like before”

 

Sungmin smiled. Reminiscing her old life in her old school.

 

Yeah, her classmates in her school before really enjoyed bullying her, making fun of her.

 

Those were the days.

 

It was quite different from her school in Japan. Somehow people also started to , who wouldn’t? She’s a nerd remember? But as time goes by people starts to accept her, Since no one in Japan is a Demon Jerk who would order everyone to bully her, so she started to blend in just like the rest, But she didn’t just blend in, she shines among the rest, She lost her glasses, she learned how to style, she learned how to fix herself, She changed not only in looks but also achieved many stuffs many people wouldn’t. She became the school’s martial arts team captain, she became one of the singer at the school band, she can now play the guitar, she is smart, She is a good cook,  what can she cannot do? She did enjoy her life in Japan. But still her life in Korea is still the one thing she treasures the most.

 

 

She misses Korea.

 

Sungmin being drawn to her thoughts were lightly hit by Ryeowook in the arm.

 

“Minnie! You’re mom is waiting for you remember?” Ryeowook asked “You said that you’ll just meet her at your old house since you want me to see you first, since she was the one who saw you when you left”

 

“ah, right.” Sungmin agreed “Okay, let’s go. I don’t have that much stuff anyway”

 

“Come to think of it” Ryeowook suddenly remembered “why didn’t you tell me when you were going to leave in Korea five years ago? So that I have bidden you Goodbye properly”

 

“well it was sudden really, Wookie” Sungmin sighed “My flight going to Japan before was sudden, that time I want to leave Korea as soon as possible.”

 

“Is it because of him?” Ryeowook straight forwardly answer. This is what Sungmin likes mostly about Ryeowook, she never hesitates in saying what she feels inside,  she is always straightforward and truthful.

 

 

 

Him.

 

Sungmin does know who that ‘him’ Ryeowook was referring to.

 

It can only be one person.

 

The main reason why he wanted to escape Korea before.

 

She knows that now that she is back, she could never escape that person. She will soon encounter him.

 

That person who brought one big scratch in her heart.

 

Him.

 

Just thinking about him, Sungmin can feel her heart feeling a little thug, she don’t know if it’s anger, if it’s sadness, if it’s love, if it’s disgust, she don’t know, the only thing she does know is that, that person affects her so much.

 

 

And she doesn’t need that now that she have finally moved on (because if not then why did she return?)

 

“Wookie” she finally said after her thought “can we just don’t talk about that person right now?” she asked the former “I mean, I just came here and I don’t want to be problematic because of a person.” Then she showed her white smile. Her purest white smile.

 

Even though Sungmin was hurt, or in deep pain, she won’t forget to smile. Because that’s the only make up she can have that will never disappear.

 

Ryeowook beamed her a smile as well “You’re still one nice person you know Minnie.”and Sungmin just thanked her and they went towards a taxi cab by where Ryeowook called out before but forgot when she and Sungmin were talking a lot.

 

 

--

 

Once the taxi arrived in front of Sungmin’s house, she can’t help herself from grining widely, making Ryeowook the one to pay at the Taxi Cab since she already hop off the Cab to greet her mom. She hurriedly went towards the house, open the door and look for her mother. She saw her mom talking with another woman, her mom’s face brightens when she saw Sungmin .

 

“Minnie, Honey!” her mother exclaimed then went towards her to hug her precious daughter.“I miss you a lot!”

 

“I miss you too, Umma” she said, smiling “so much”

 

The woman by which Sungmin’s mother was talking to, stands up and greet her as well “Sungminnie, is that you? You look so fine and pretty now, You matured a lot” she said happily.

 

Sungmin looked at her, but still not pulling out from the tight embrace her mother gave her. Looking at her and her features, she must be Kyuhyun’s mother.

 

She changed , there are some wrinkles due to aging but still she is pretty like the actress she was before, she really is Kyuhyun’s mother.

 

“Mrs. Cho?” Sungmin asked, waiting for confirmation, and the lady nods at her “Yes, I am Sungminnie, you look so pretty, Very very pretty, darling” Mrs Cho replied to her.

 

Ryeowook leaned towards her and said words that only she can hear “see I told you, you’ve changed”

 

Sungmin just nods in embarrassment “thank you.”

 

Then Sungmin’s mom were the one to speak again “you came earlier than I thought, Mrs. Cho here is inviting us again for a dinner, since I told her you would come home tonight and I told her that it depends on you since I thought you’d be very tired in your flight, so what do you say, honey?”

 

Ryeowook eyed Sungmin when Sungmin was staring at her, asking of what to say, she doesn’t want to see Kyuhyun, what more is to spend Dinner with him. Ryeowook just mouthed her words like ‘then say NO’ or ‘be Honest to them’ or ‘go for it’ somewhere along those lines.

 

Then Kyuhyun’s mother nods “yeah, I really insist that you eat here at our house tonight, Please Sungminnie, it’s also been a long time since you and Kyuhyun didn’t see each other when you went to Japan”

 

 

 

Kyuhyun.

 

She heard that name again.

 

It’s the first time she heard that name again.

 

Ringing a bell to her system.

 

Yes she thought about that person when Ryeowook said the word ‘him’ earlier, but hearing that name straight from the mouth and hearing straight to her ear, still somehow is new to Sungmin, especially with words and phrase saying that they should meet again soon, that is something she is avoiding for so long.

 

 

She doesn’t want to see him,

 

She doesn’t even want to think that, that person exist in her life.

 

She wants to say No.

 

She desperately wanted to say No.

 

She wants to think about an excuse so that she can avoid this encounter, but seeing that both Mrs. Cho and her Mother are having puppy eyes.

 

How can she say No?

 

So without a further ado.

 

 

 

 

“Sure, I’d love to.” comes out from as a reply and gave them a weak smile.