Not the other way around

Love isn't just a game.

 

Thirty minutes have already passed, Sungmin was busying herself in the Living Room practicing the song, Ryeowook and yesung made her sing at the Music Room this afternoon when she smelled something burning.

 

She stands up and went towards the direction of that horrid smell.

 

“What the hell is going on?” she asked and walked directly towards Kyuhyun who was in front of the stove, her eyes widen when she saw something burning in the pan “You idiot! Who the hell told you to cook a Ham with Sesame Oil??!” she then turned the stove off.

 

Kyuhyun just stare at her then moved his face to the side.

 

He can’t say to the girl she was with that he can’t cook ham.

 

 

That he didn’t know how to cook ham.

 

Or Worst, that he didn’t know how to cook anything at all.

 


Sungmin tapped his shoulder, but still he didn’t put his gaze to the latter “hey! I was talking to you” she said “at least you can do is answer!”

 

Kyuhyun still didn’t speak.

 

“Cho! Are you trying to burn my house?” she asked angrily at Kyuhyun “You could even burn the both of us with what you did, why the hell did you use sesame oil and let it burn? Answer me!”

 

Kyuhyun still kept his face downwards, not putting his gaze to Sungmin, who is right in front of her.

 

A pink paint came to his face then mumbled something and because Sungmin didn’t hear it, she asked him what did he say.

 

“I can’t…cook” he mumbled as silent as a cricket.

 

“WHAT?! Say it louder for goddamn sake, Cho Kyuhyun.” She demanded.

 

“I can’t cook okay?” he admitted, reddish color visible in his cheeks.

 

Sungmin stared at him.

 

Cho Kyuhyun?

 

Mr.perfect? Admitted that he cannot cook?

 

A Pregnant Silence arose at the room.

 

A Minute later.

 

2 minutes.

 

5 minutes.

 

Then suddenly Sungmin burst out laughing, while Kyuhyun was still as red as the tomato in the grocery store.

 

He was so embarrassed.

 

He had never been this embarrassed before.

 

Sungmin was still laughing, Laughing so much that she can feel her stomach twirling.

 

“You…can’t cook” she said in between her laughter.

 

“Sh…Shut up!” Kyuhyun said still in embarrassment “Stop laughing already”

 

“B…But…hahahaha… You can’t cook…” Sungmin still continued teasing Kyuhyun “Mr…Perfect…C..Cho Kyuhyun can’t Cook.”

 

 

“H…hey! Stop laughing already” he demanded “I already know that I can’t cook so stop”

 

But Sungmin didn’t stop from laughing, she even rolled on the floor because this is so too much to handle and her laughter became much more audible.

 

“This is so embarrassing” Sungmin said “Mr perfect…isn’t hahaha so perfect after all.”

 

Kyuhyun still had his face reddened and bent downward said “I am not perfect you know and I never said I was”

 

Yup, of course, Kyuhyun was imperfect.

 

He is a human being after all, so he isn’t perfect.

 

No one in this world is perfect, that’s why Kyuhyun can’t be perfect.

 

He has his own weaknesses and strengths.

 

Sungmin realized that when Kyuhyun said those words to her, Sungmin stands up and lessened her laughter, she took another apron and took the spatula off of Kyuhyun’s hands.

 

“You should have told me that you can’t cook” she said still giggling “rather than pretending to be all Macho like that, you even embarrassed yourself.”

 

Then she moved towards the stove, her face is facing towards the stove she speak again “ I could have helped you, you do know that I don’t mind if you’d ask me for help especially if you’re not good at it, asking for a hand won’t hurt your pride after all.”

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun just stared at Sungmin.

 

 

Sungmin could always see the negative sides of him, the weak sides of him, and she never even once put her back away from Kyuhyun even though she saw those traits of him already.

 

Instead, she’d laugh, or she’d smile like she always does, then help him.

 

 

 

He hurt her a lot, and yet she is still there, she saw his weak side, that weak side that he is too scared to show to somebody, but Sungmin saw it, and she didn’t judge him because of that.

 

Kyuhyun smiled when Sungmin started fixing the mess Kyuhyun made.

 

Looking at Sungmin like that, she is kinda childish.

 

She is crazy,

 

 

She is annoying.

 

But at least she understands him more than anyone else in this world (and Kyuhyun could never admit that to anyone even to himself)

 

“so what do you want to eat?” Sungmin asked waking Kyuhyun from his thoughts.

 

“what do you mean?” he asked her and she replied “well, what do you want to eat? You’re the visitor here, so I guess I should feed you with food you will be satisfy with, Say it and I’ll make it.”

 

Kyuhyun stared at her. “Aren’t you like a little nice to me suddenly?” he asked with a little hint of hesitancy in his voice “are you trying to feed me with poison?”

 

 

“hell no!” Sungmin exclaimed “I admit that I would be happy with that but if I really want to poison you then for the many times that I ate with your family, I already put poison in it,” she said in sarcasm “and also, I am not kind of a low person for Revenge and for that kind of stuff, as I’ve said to you before to remind you.”

 

Kyuhyun eyed him with suspicion.

 

“Fine” he sighed in defeat “then atleast let me help you. Let’s make an omelet”

 

It was Sungmin’s turn to eye him “are you sure? Omelet? What kind do you want? Do you want it with Tomatoes and Onions? Or just plain?”

 

“With Tomatoes and Onions” Kyuhyun replied, holding a bowl and getting some eggs at the fridge and some tomatoes.

 

Kyuhyun started putting the eggs at the bowl and stirred it.

 

He didn’t know Sungmin was looking at him, how can he know when his back is the one facing Sungmin.

 

Sungmin smiled tenderly seeing a Kyuhyun happily doing household chores like that, he looks like a kid, not like the usual Cho Kyuhyun he saw from yesterday who has quite a calm and cold composture.

 

And really different from the Cho Kyuhyun from 5 years ago who held everything to the point of hurting her.

 

 

She knows she shouldn’t trust Kyuhyun anymore, but looking at Kyuhyun like this, it made her heart jumped and on the same time ached.

 

Because she knows that all of this maybe fake, or maybe just a simple hallucination, she doesn’t want to happened to her what happened before that’s why she won’t cross that line anymore.

 

If Kyuhyun would be her friend, she’d gladly accept but nothing more.

 

 

She won’t expect anything anymore.

 

 

She’s far from that anymore.

 

 

 

--

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin finished eating.

 

Both of them full from that dinner, they didn’t care if they’d go fat, they didn’t care if they would burst due to overfilling their stomachs, they are just happy that they are full.

 

 

 Sungmin was gathering the plates they just used then she looked at Kyuhyun who is still thanking God for being full “hey, Just go to the Living room and just watch some TV, there’s still 3 more hours until our mothers get home, I’d just wash these dishes then hopped to my room, “ she said then put the dishes to the kitchen sink “you can also sleep on the Living Room couch if you’d get sleepy while waiting,” she continued not facing Kyuhyun because she is now already facing the Kitchen sink, when she suddenly felt a flesh at her side and a hand stealing the bubbly sponge away from her hand.

 

“hey” she demanded “give that back so that I can finish washing the dishes.”

 

But Kyuhyun just smirked at her “No.” then the latter also took the dirty plate away from Sungmin’s hands, he then smirked at Sungmin “You should be the one, resting already and I’d start doing this, it’s the least I can do since you’re the who cooked the food.”

 

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun’s face that is so closed to hers, looking at him close like that, she could se Kyuhyun’s very handsome features.

 

He really looks so hot.

 

“No. I really can do this alone, Kyuhyun.” She replied, not leaving the front of the sink “You’re the visitor so you should stay there at the Living Room and rest.” She continued trying to get the sponge from Kyuhyun’s hand but since she is too short and Kyuhyun is too tall, she couldn’t reach it.

 

“well, It was my mom who said I should take care of you so I would be so disrespectful if I don’t follow her.” Kyuhyun retorded lifting his hand higher so that Sungmin won’t be able to reach the spong.

 

 

Sungmin knowing that she won’t be able to get the sponge she need, took the water outlet and pointed it towards Kyuhyun “is that so? You won’t give that to me?” she smiled devilishly “then fine, have this!” the latter said then pushed the water outlet, so the water beamed at Kyuhyun making him wet, Sungmin laughed seeing Kyuhyun liked that.

 

 

Kyuhyun at first frowned at what Sungmin did to him but then he smiled when he looked at Sungmin, smirked at the girl who’s laughing her off right now then he rubbed the sponge to the side of her face leaving a trace of bubbles at the side of the martial artist’s face, making Kyuhyun laugh as well.

 

 

 

Then the two have commenced a Bubble water War, Splash there, Splash here, They keep on pouring waters to each other, playing, laughing. Completely oblivious to the fact that they already made the whole Kitchen into a mess of bubbles and water due to the war they have anticipated.

 

After that, both of them are wet and sticky.

 

Water dripping from their whole body, their hair, their faces, etc.

 

Kyuhyun and Sungmin still laughing like children who was like playing hide and seek or any other child’s game there are.

 

Somehow, Kyuhyun have calmed himself from laughing and have finally came back to reality.

 

The girl in front of him right now, who is busy giggling, has water splashed all over her.

 

Water dripping from her face, hair and body.

 

Her tshirt that she wore are now stuck to her body, revealing her perfect curve.

 

And from those shirt, it was visible, Sungmin’s navy blue brassiere.

 

 

Kyuhyun can’t help himself but blush at the sight.

 

Sungmin is ing seductive right now.

 

And Kyuhyun need to find some distraction to stop himself from doing something stupid.

 

“hey” he said to the oblivious giggling girl in front of him, the girl looked at him but still some little giggles flowing out of , “w…what?” she asked.

 

 

“Aren’t you going u to your room? Gonna take a bath or something?” he asked and Sungmin suddenly remembered “oh, yeah…  Sure thing… I feel so sticky because of those bubbles. I’d just go downstairs again to fix this mess later.” She replied and was about to leave the room when she turned around again to face Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun just looked at her “how about you Kyu?”

 

Kyu.

 

Isn’t that the nickname Sungmin had for him when he confessed to her five years ago?

 

Sungmin may have never said those words to Kyuhyun before but somehow it still lingers some feelings.

 

He have never thought Sungmin would call him that.

 

 

“Kyu?” he asked due to shocked and confusion.

 

“Kyu… I mean Kyuhyun… I just forgot to a…add the ‘hyun’” she stuttered “I guess I got carried away” she laughed awkwardly.

 

“aren’t you going to change too? You’re clothes are all wet and sticky too.” She asked to Kyuhyun, changing the topic.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head “nah, I’d do that later, and don’t mind this mess now, I’d fix it, just go do what you gotta do.” He then motioned his hands to Sungmin to go already “after this I will stay at the Living Room, and wait for our parents to come home.”

 

Sungmin stared at him, eyed him worriedly “are you sure?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled at her “yes.” He replied in assurance.

 

Kyuhyun’s smiles today are all unexpected, but atleast all are true.

 

He had never smiled like that before.

 

Sungmin was happy to see that reaction from Kyuhyun, seeing somehow that he was changing from the cold from who he was before.

 

“Okay,” Sungmin said then dashed towards her room to take a long hot bath.

 

Once Sungmin got out of sight, Kyuhyun bent downwards and curled himself into a ball.

 

He doesn’t hear anything, No noise was present at that time.

 

No more laughing, no more giggling, no more teasing, no more arguing.

 

The only thing he can hear is his heart thumping really fast.

 

Every Thug feels so hard.

 

He cupped his face and muttered “.”

 

 

 

 

“I said I’d make her fall in love with me.” He then held his heart again “Not the other way around.”