Sungmin's reaction

Love isn't just a game.

 

“I like you Lee Sungmin”

 

 

A second have passed.

 

A minute.

 

An eternity.

 

The time is moving, it took a long pregnant silent to eat the whole atmosphere until Kyuhyun suddenly notice his cheeks burning red, a strong impact had gotten into his side.

 

He didn’t know when it happened, or how it did but Sungmin’s hands just suddenly slapped him hard. Hard enough to make it swell for a week. It may be hurtful but Kyuhyun didn’t mind it, it didn’t matter, he deserves it after all. What matters more is the fact that he is looking at the girl he likes, Crying in front of him, her eyes full of tears. His heart is aching at the view of Sungmin being like that, but he can’t help himself but to just stand there, emotionless. He has no right to say anything to Sungmin because at the first place, he was the reason why Sungmin was like that.

 

Why Sungmin was hurting.

 

--

Sungmin can’t believe what she just heard, those words keep on ringing on her head, It electrified her whole system, Sungmin always heard a confession, but it is different when it comes to Kyuhyun. She can’t move her feet, she can’t move her body, it’s like she’s in a coma, her whole body is frozen stiff. Hearing those words from Kyuhyun brought back the first time he heard Kyuhyun confessed to her. It was a lie, it was a joke, it was an excused for him to make fun of her. So somehow, Sungmin felt that tears wanted to form in her eyes, she was afraid in hearing those words from Kyuhyun again, what if it is the same as to what happened to her in the past?

 

What if she’d be betrayed again?

 

You can't blame her because she was deeply hurt from the past, she was hurt, she was used, and she was traumatized from those feelings, she won't fall for that anymore, it was okay with being just friends with Kyuhyun but not anything more, she can't do that. She won't do that.

 

Without thinking, Sungmin’s body have moved from its own, she didn’t know how, she didn’t know why but her hand just moved and placed a big impact in Kyuhyun’s left cheek.

 

She just slapped him.

 

All of her frustration and anger just went there, the hurt, the sadness, the pain. it was all bottled up, and then Kyuhyun triggered it by his sudden confession.

 

Even Sungmin can’t help it, she needed to let it out, all the hurt she had felt.

 

It took her long enough to move on from the past, and she can’t anymore if that happens again. She doesn’t want to experience that again, No, she doesn’t want to get hurt anymore, she doesn’t want to cry anymore, Why does Kyuhyun need to tell her that phrase again? When she is trying her best not to hear those words again.

 

She doesn’t want to remember that feeling again.

 

“How dare you tell me that you like me again?” She said demandingly, her voice stuttering and empty “I already had a hard time fixing up myself from the past. And now--”

 

"and now--, you'd tell me that you like me? "

 

She can’t herself anymore, she wanted to let it all out.

 

"Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to move on?"

 

"How it took me long enough to regain myself from being hurt?"

 

"How many sleepless nights I have spend, trying to forget everything,"

 

"How many nights I unconsciously slept due to too many tears falling"

 

"Do you?" she asked, glaring at Kyuhyun, who remain speechless and stiff in front of her, taking all the blame she had directed towards him.

 

"It was hard, Cho Kyuhyun, It was." she said her voice a little restrained due to too much sobbings. "and now you'd tell me that again"

 

“ and If you are trying your best to play again, God Kyuhyun, please, don’t include me in that game again. I don’t want to be used by you again Please.”

 

She pleaded. "Stop this already"

 

Yes, the reason Sungmin have never given any of her time to romance is because she is already traumatized by it, she is scared with it, she have already bordered herself from Love and Affection. She was afraid of the hurt she will received.

 

She is afraid.

 

She doesn’t want to experience it anymore.

 

But right now,

 

The guy who have hurt her from the past, the reason why she closed herself from romance, is right now, in front of her, telling her that he likes her(again).

 

Tears are falling from her eyes, as everything she was avoiding to, came back, memories, experiences, hurts. She didn’t mind for her tears to fall. Her eyes

 

showed no emotions. The glitters in her eyes suddenly disappeared, it was replaced by hurt and sadness.

 

Sungmin still didn’t move an inch, she didn’t say anything anymore.

 

She didn’t know what to say, what to do. No more of the hurt, no more of the pain, she can’t control her tears from falling.

 

She needed to say something again, Kyuhyun was in front of her, looking at her emotionless, not saying anything as well, he was just taking all of Sungmin’s anger.

 

“Take it back” she started stuttering, it’s like there is something inside , a lump by which stuck there that is stopping her from speaking. “Please, take back what you said, that you like me. I know you didn't mean it. You never did”

 

Sungmin started to punch Kyuhyun in the chest, but not strong since Sungmin doesn’t have the energy and the power to hit Kyuhyun that much.

 

“I can’t” Kyuhyun replied softly. “I’m sorry but I can’t take it back.”

 

“How the hell not, it’s just a simple ing phrase” Sungmin demanded “Just say that you were wrong, that you didn't mean it and that you don’t effin like me.”

Kyuhyun reached out for Sungmin.

 

Kyuhyun held her cheeks, wiping the tears away from her face and smiled, Sungmin tried her best to struggle away but Kyuhyun hold her tight, not bothering to let go.

 

“Please Don’t cry Min, I know I surprised you by confessing again” he asked gently caressing Sungmin’s cheeks “I didn’t mean to”

 

He then looked at Sungmin’s eyes, he was hurt because he notice the obvious pain obvious in Sungmin;s eyes. “I just can’t take it back, because it’s the truth, I hurt you a lot before, I know that but I can never take it back, I won't take it back because I truly do like you so why should I be sorry in saying that I like you when it’s the truth Min.”

 

“I can take all your anger and all your pain, I will take it all, but I won’t take back what I said.” He stared at Sungmin, not minding his heart that is pounding really hard, He just confessed sincerely to someone, something he had never done in his life before. “I really like you Sungmin, give me a chance to prove and  express it to you this time. Just give me a chance”

 

“ You don’t need to answer me yet” he said softly “Don’t force yourself to speak, Don’t force yourself to answer.”

 

Sungmin cried, her tears not stopping from falling in her eyes. She clenched her eyes and let everything fall. He let Kyuhyun’s hand gave her cheeks warmth.

 

“I know that you’re still hurt from what I did from the past” he sighed, pulling Sungmin in his arms “I did a terrible thing, I know that it isn’t that easy to forget, it isn’t that east to forgive, Min”

 

Sungmin didn’t move away from Kyuhyun’s embrace, her head resting in his chest, Kyuhyun’s chin above her head, him inhaling her strawberry scent hair, while Sungmin can feel the warmth in his embrace.

 

“Maybe the reason we met again this time, is for us to fix whatever it is that was ruined from the past” he said rubbing Sungmin’s head to calm her while she keeps on sobbing. “or maybe to start anew, I know there is a reason why you came back, why we meet again,  and I won’t waste it this time. I seriously won't. I know it is wrong for me for this, but everyone deserves second chances right? And I don’t want to waste that second chance to show to you how stupid I was before, and how immature I am for hurting you.”

 

He then lowered his face so that he can look at Sungmin, their eyes met, “I will try my best, Min, to gain your trust again, to never ever hurt you again and to show you how much I love you”

 

“and even if you won’t return my feelings affectionately” he smiled “I will gladly accept if we could remain friends, I would never give up on you, I promise”

 

“so Min, give me this chance, please?” he asked hopefully, his voice is full of sincerity.

 

It is very different from the moment Kyuhyun confessed to her the first time. This feels much more warming and much more believable, this time it is full of feelings and sincerity, Kyuhyun's words are sincere, by which Sungmin feels kinda light and happy, knowing that this time ‘maybe’ Kyuhyun was telling the truth. That this time is different from the last time.

 

Kyuhyun then wiped all those tears that have fell from Sungmin’s eyes, he took out his handkerchief and cleaned Sungmin’s face with it, he is acting like how a mother cleans her child’s face right after they cried because they slipped or their favorite food fell.

 

“look at your face , Min , it is full of tears and snot” Kyuhyun joked “you’re nowhere far from a five year old.”

 

“s...s...shut up” Sungmin stutters and frowned glaring at the guy “this is why I hate talking to you with this kind of stuffs, you’re always making me a mess. By which is not a good thing. I look so submissive and weak”

 

"what's wrong with me seeing you like that?" Kyuhun asked, caressing Sungmin's cheeks with his index finger "Whatever the kind of look you have, the strong one, the weak one, the gullible one, that is still you, and I find it attractive. But I don't want to see you cry okay?"

 

“so stop crying now, you’ll ruin your beautiful face, not that you’re not pretty while crying, but I find you more attractive when you’re smilling, so let’s head back to the room, they might be looking for us now.” He said then patted Sungmin’s head again before pulling her inside the room where Donghae and the others are. “they might start an issue about us or anything and that'll be bad. Let’s go?”

 

Sungmin stopped him from walking “But…”

 

Kyuhyun looked at her, confused.

 

“Weren’t you going to smoke out here?” she asked blushing,“You haven’t smoke yet because I disturbed you.”

 

“It’s okay, I don’t mind” Kyuhyun smiled at her “At least you have made me come out what is inside my chest for a long time, and that is way better than coming out my frustrations in smoking. It’s much more relaxing and soothing than smoking trust me.”

 

“besides” kyuhyun started moving closer to Sungmin “You hate kissing people who are smoking right?”

 

“but” Sungmin’s face becomes red, embarrassed ,“I didn’t mean you. ”

 

“well there will be a lot of guys who would take interest in you as well, it’ll be hard in a competition if I won’t do my best to be a candidate as your lover” he said , thinking about other guys who also likes Sungmin, Donghae, for example. “I don’t want to lose you to them, and it’ll be stupid if I can’t do a simple stuff for you like preventing myself from smoking.”

 

“You don’t need to do that.”

 

“But I want to.” Kyuhyun smiled “For you, I will Sungmin.”

 

“I told you” he continued looking at Sungmin, whose face is obviously red “I am serious about you this time.”

 

 

--

 

“have you seen that?” Ryeowook said to Donghae once the two sat down at together, letting both Eunhyuk and Yesung continue singing and dancing. “Sungminnie is finally smiling”

 

“she’s always smiling” Donghae retorded but then smile “but her smile this time is different from the past smiles that’s obviously weak and full of depression.”

 

“It’s obvious that Kyuhyun affects her that much” he said looking at the direction where the two went “because if not, she wouldn’t bother go follow him right now”

 

“Donghae” Ryeowook called him, concern filled in her voice, Donghae understands what that calling for, it’s as if Ryeowook asking for what he feels. “are you bothered by it?”

 

“I know you like Sungminnie as well.”

 

Donghae shook his head. “No, I am not bothered by it” He didn’t turn his gaze away from the direction where Sungmin and Kyuhyun went “I’d be much more bothered if I am with her but she’s not happy.”

 

“If I can see Sungmin happy like this, it’s no problem for me.” He smiled “Actually I noticed from past few  days that Sungmin was down and bothered, while Kyuhyun was also in a state of depression, I noticed them both being totally affected by each other and I don’t want it to be like that. They are important to me, Both of them and I don’t want them sad and snappy.”

 

“Right now, Kyuhyun finally realized his feelings for Minnie, “ he looked at Ryeowook “He will now fight for his feelings for Sungmin, and I won’t give up either. I want to see how much he is willing to give for that said love he has for Minnie., I want him to be able to heal the scars he made from the past and to never ever hurt Sungmin again.”

 

“You finally knew about it?” ryeowook asked him and he nods.

 

 

“Yeah, he admitted it to me” Donghae smiled again “the same time he admits to me that he loves her”

 

“as much as I admire Sungminnie, I love Kyuhyunnie as well, I treasure them both.”

 

“You and Kyuhyun really share a strong bond together, not even loving the same girl could ruin your friendship” Ryeowook smiled to him as well, now taking another plate of bulgogi from the table.

 

Donghae hummed as his response.