Mysterious Guy

Love isn't just a game.

 

Just like what Kyuhyun said, Donghae is somehow a good singer, but he isn’t right when he said that he sings better than the former because for Sungmin, Kyuhyun’s voice is better, but Donghae’s voice is sweet and calming as well.

 

Donghae was the one who took the part that Sungmin wants Kyuhyun to fill.

 

Both of them go to the Music Room to practice with Ryeowook and Yesung for the upcoming opening performance they need to do.

 

When Sungmin was practicing and  performing with her Martial Arts Club, Donghae would always watch her, and when sometimes Donghae would practice with his dancing club, sometimes Sungmin would accompany him, even with Ryeowook sometimes. Donghae and Sungmin started to get close to each other more and more.

 

The act that Sungmin played continue, she pretended to be Donghae’s girlfriend so that his fangirls would stop on following him and annoying Donghae. She pretends to be Donghae’s girlfriend so that he can go with her without girl’s questioning as to why donghae needs to spend his time with a simple student girl who is just the same as them, so having the priviledge of being a girlfriend, Donghae can spend his time with Sungmin not much to Sungmin's dismay , of course.

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun ignored each other after the incident( Kyuhyun turned down Sungmin’s offer to sing with her) , Kyuhyun never did talk to Sungmin, even with bothering her or annoying her or anything.

 

And since, their moms haven’t done anything outrageous anymore like making them stay at each other’s house, they never even once spoke to each other anymore again.

 

They ignore each other when they were at home, even though their rooms are opposite from each other,

 

They didn’t speak in school even though their chairs are beside one another.

 

They didn’t speak to each other even when they go to school together.

 

It’s as if, they are strangers again.

 

Sometimes Sungmin would be the one to take the initiative to talk to Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun would ignore her, making Sungmin pissed.

 

If Donghae and Sungmin were becoming closer and closer with each other, it’s the opposite to Sungmin and Kyuhyun because they are getting farer and farer.

 

All of the people around them noticed the cold war, Ryeowook, Donghae, and even their mothers, that’s why they didn’t let the two have a time with each other, they avoid it for the two to be together or World war three would just happened.

 

When Sungmin’s mom would leave, she will just let Sungmin stayed at the house alone, but tell Mrs. Cho to look after Sungmin from time to time, it’s the same with Kyuhyun’s.

 

And if both Mom’s would leave, they would just let their children, stay at home with their own, they wouldn’t lock the house of the other anymore. They would just let their children be on their own. They are teenagers after all, they have the right to have their own personal place. Somehow it is sad that Sungmin and Kyuhyun became like that, much to their parent's dismays, but they don’t want to pressure them that’s why they just let them have their own personal space and when they finally thought about it and want to make up then they should.

 

They just gave them time.

 

So the cold war continued.

 

But soon changed… one night.

 

It was the night before the Musical Sungmin was about to perform with Ryeowook, Donghae and Yesung.

 

Her mom wasn’t at home, she stayed at the house alone, Once she came home, she took a bath, because she was tired from Practice.

 

She did not only one practice but a lot. At Lunch time she practiced martial arts, at the afternoon, after class, she spend 3 hours practicing her vocals with Ryeowook and Yesung. Donghae had a practice with his dance club so he excused himself from today's vocal practice. After the practice of Vocals, Ryeowook and Yesung invited her to go home with them but Sungmin declined, she went towards the Martial Arts halls again, practiced again, it was evening already, no one is there. She practiced more there, she let out all of her frustrations, especially stuffs about Kyuhyun, well he is always the one giver of her problems.

 

She got home late and her mom isn’t there, so she took a bath, the problem is she took a bath longer than expected, still thinking about problems.

 

“I hate you Cho Kyuhyun” she yelled with a frown in the bathroom taking a sweet strawberry-filled scent bath in the bathtub “how can you be like that?”

 

“One moment, you are really nice tto me hen after that, you’d be back to your devil side cold monster again” she furrowed her eyebrows, complaining to a piece of a rabbit shaped soap in her hand, as if it is the one she was talking to  

 

 “I thought we really are getting along now, You even let me stay in your room, you made me a pancake which you never made for anyone else, you sang for me to sleep, you smiled for me, by which I only saw for the first time and made me feel so light” she complained holding the rabbit shaped soap, glaring at it, as if imagining it is Kyuhyun.

 

“You let me wear your shirt, You even listen to my whinings and my cryings when I was with you, even though you were the problem, I thought you understand me! I thought we started to get along better now”

 

Sungmin now felt a little heavy in her heart.

 

“But now…” she held the soap again “How can you be like this? You’re acting as if you don’t know me, like I am a stranger. Like we don’t share anything, like we didn’t laugh and cry together.”

 

Then tears formed in Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“I really hate you”

 

--

Sungmin left the bathroom after an hour and a half, she stayed there for too long, she wore her pajama, then went towards the kitchen, feeling a little hot inside and out.

 

“I… I think I stayed in the bathroom for too long.” She then touched her forehead and confirmed to herself that she really have a fever. “yep, I definitely have a fever”

 

‘Stupid Sungmin, why would you have a fever at this kind of a moment, you have a music performance tomorrow’ she thought smacking herself in her mind.

“I better call mom and ask her what time she’d go home and bring me some medicine” she remembered that their medicine box has no paracetamol or any medicine that can bring down her fever, and she desperately needs to get cure from this slight fever she has for tomorrow's performance.  she then moved towards the living room to get  her cellphone.

 

She dialed the number, and then heard it ring.

 

It rang for a long moment, and when her mom finally answered the call, she didn’t let it talk but she immediately speak “Mom, what time are you going home?” she said softly “come home immediately please mom, I think I have a fever and … and…” she stopped when everything turned black.

 

“hello”

 

“hello, Sungmin”

 

Donghae on the other line keeps on calling out to Sungmin, apparently Sungmin didn’t called her mom, she called Donghae.

 

“Sungmin, I’d be right there!” he didn’t hesitate in saying.

 

Then the line have cut and Sungmin have fainted in the living room. Her body feeling both heavy and hot, she can’t keep her eyes open and she can’t move, but she noticed that the front door just opened, and somehow someone touched her forehead.

 

That person’s touch is so warm and comforting, he yelled “You’re burning hot, you have a fever”

 

 He carried Sungmin bridal style towards her room.

 

Somehow that guy, knows her room and is familiar with her place.

 

Sungmin feels so familiar with this feeling, somehow she knows this. She experienced this and she felt safe in someone's warmth, a warmth that's very familiar to her senses.

 

So when the guy carried her, she just clung her hand to the guy’s chest.

 

Due to the fact that her eyesight is so blurry and her mind is in daze,  she can’t look at the person straight, she can’t see the person clearly, but she knows he is familiar, very familiar in her liking.

 

Once the guy placed Sungmin to her bed he then covered her with her comforter.

 

“I’ll just get a basin and some medicine, I’d be back”

 

The guy stands and was about to move towards the door when Sungmin held his arm, clung to it as if her lifeline depends on it. The guy looked at her confused.

 

Sungmin smiled and whispered “thank you” then she let go of the guy. After that, the guy left, minutes later he came back holding a basin in his hand, with hot water in it, he was holding a piece of clean towel.

 

Sungmin felt that the guy was panting, he might have ran immediately to get the basin.

 

The guy wiped off sweats from Sungmin’s face, When he was wiping those sweats away from Sungmin, Sungmin reached her hand to touch the guy’s face, to caress it.

 

Somehow there is something in her that was saying to say everything, to say stuff that will just came to her mind, she knows there is a connection she have with him,  even though she don’t know whe she was talking to.

 

She don’t know who that person is.

 

“You came here” Sungmin said softly, looking at the face of the person despite the blurry vision “I thought you don’t want to talk to me”

 

The guy remained speechless but continued wiping her face.

 

“Do you hate me?” she asked, tears falling from her eyes, silence filled the room, moments later she continued “Kyuhyun.” Then a tear fall from her eyes again.

 

The guy shook his head slowly.

 

“I thought you do” Sungmin smiled soflt “Thank god that you don't”

 

Sungmin closed her eyes. "Please don't hate me"

 

The guy held Sungmin’s forehead, he patted it “Don’t be ridiculous, I would never hate you okay?” he smiled as well “that would never happened”

 

Sungmin giggled softly “I’m really glad that you don’t hate me.”

 

The guy placed his index finger to Sungmin’s mouth to stop her from talking “shhh, don’t talk anymore, just rest okay?”

 

Sungmin nods.

 

She then placed both of her hand to the side of the guy’s face. She pulled his face towards her and looked at his face. She observes his features, everything about him, despite dizziness and blurriness overtaking her, she doesn’t care, for her he is the example of perfection.

 

The guy just followed her commands , so leaned forward when Sungmin pulled his face,  both of them were just staring at each other. Sungmin just looked at the blurry vision of the person, she really feels so comfortable around him, she closed her eyes again, pulled the guy and waited until something soft and chappy met her lips.

 

She didn’t like the taste of cigarette mixed with the sweet saliva, but still the taste overall is sweet and calm, it is very gentle and warm. It just a simple kiss, it isn’t passionate and rough but it is just simple, sweet and just lip brushing.

 

They both parted soon. It was a chaste kiss, but it felt like an eternity.

 

After that Sungmin finally dwells in her slumber, she had fallen asleep while the guy still wipes her face.

 

He caressed the girl’s cheeks with his index finger.

 

"I don't want to hurt you, I never did."

 

----

 

Who is Mr. Mysterious Guy? I am sure you all know who right??? :D