Haemin or Kyumin?

Love isn't just a game.

 

Sungmin was still soundly asleep in Kyuhyun’s room and Kyuhyun continue what he was doing before, and it was preparing food for the two of them, and now knowing that Sungmin would be sleeping soundly and deeply for a couple of hours, Kyuhyun just prepare a single sandwich for himself and will just make some for the girl when she wakes up.

 

Right after eating his sandwich for dinner, he just sat at the Living Room and started watching News on Tv since there’s not much of an interesting shows are being played so the most interesting view he saw was the news and that’s why, it’s the one he was watching right now.

 

Little minutes later, he also finds it very uninteresting, he can’t find anything that interests him in the living room, but if he go upstairs in his room(since most of interesting stuffs are there), it’ll be bad, knowing that Sungmin is there, if it’s other girls, he’d go upstairs not caring about them, what they are doing, even sleeping (he won’t even let a girl go to his room in the first place), he would just throw them out, it’s his room anyway and no one is allowed to go there.

 

He doesn’t want to disturb the girl who is sleeping soundly in his room so as much as he doesn’t want to stay at the Living Room, he needs to because the girl in his room is much more important than the boredness he is feeling right now.

 

He was about to turn it off when he heard his front door open, he was about to greet his mom and thank her for arriving at home, knowing that he can now go to his room and Sungmin can now sleep at her own house when he frowns because the person at the door isn’t the person he was expecting it to be.

 

“What do you want?” he asked irritatedly at the person at the door “Donghae”

 

“Kyuhyun-ah” he said joyfully, not caring about the sarcasm in Kyuhyun’s voice “I have something to tell you.”

 

Kyuhyun just shrugged “What the hell is it that you even need to come to my house so late?” then he put turned his face back to the television, knowing that the boring News is now much more interesting than Donghae (now).

 

“Can you at least look like you are interested with I am going to say?” Donghae whines “It’s because I have someone I like already” he said happily , red color flooding his face. Kyuhyun still just smirked at the phrase “So someone already won your childish heart? Who maybe the lucky unique girl that won you over with the thousand pestering fans of yours?”

 

“yah! Kyuhyun don’t be like that! My so-called-fans aren’t even that interested in me you know, they are just You know, looking for someone to give their attentions with since you keep on dumping them” Donghae whines but then smiles so he can continue what he was about to say “But you are right, she is one unique girl,  a unique girl that shines out of the rest. She’s the only girl I notice just from the moment we met.”

 

Kyuhyun shrugged again, seeing that the conversation he is having with Donghae is somewhat Cheesy and Corny, something that Kyuhyun hates the most. He hates it when it comes to Romance and Love topics.

 

“Okay, Okay Tell me who is that Lucky Girl of yours” Kyuhyun said again while he was pressing the next channel button at the remote of the Television “So that you would just shut up and won’t bother me anymore.”

 

“You’re so mean Kyuhyunnie but still I’ll tell you” Donghae sighed “You know her most than everyone else that is also the reason why I was telling you about it since I know you will be the best person who can help me about her”

 

Hearing those words, Kyuhyun then turned around to Donghae and focus his attention to him and only him. He knows the girl Donghae likes? As in he knows her? But Kyuhyun isn’t close to any girl, Not even one, he has that space closure against girls.

 

So who could it be?

 

“Who? Ryeowook?” Kyuhyun asked in confusion, raising one eyebrow “But we are not close, you can’t count on me on helping you with her.”

 

“No”Donghae shook his head “I wasn’t referring to Wookie.”

 

Kyuhyun just raised his eyebrow again, waiting for Donghae to continue since he don’t know anyone anymore that is close to him that Donghae would like.

 

“You’re so sly Kyuhyunnie”Donghae giggled then hit Kyuhyun’s arm softly “It’s Sungmin-ssi”

 

"I like Sungmin-sshi"

 

“…..”

 

Kyuhyun was speechless, those words just suddenly, brought a thug in his heart.

 

Donghae likes Sungmin, and he was shock to know that, he don’t know how to react, what to say, what to do. Is he hearing him right?

 

“What…” Kyuhyun said pausing for a moment “What did you just said?” he asked, hoping that he didn’t hear him right.

 

“I like Sungmin-ssi” Donghae confirmed the statement earlier, blushing, ears are filled with the colors of red.

 

Blushing, Donghae was blushing, therefore he was telling the truth.

 

The effin truth, he really does like Sungmin.

 

“Are you sure about what you are talking about?” Kyuhyun asked his stare just suddenly became cold and emotionless.

 

 “Yeah, I am pretty sure about this.” Donghae nods “actually, I wasn’t the first to notice it, it was Ryeowook, she said that I am pretty affected with Sungmin’s presence and that’s when it hit me that maybe I really do like her, I mean she’s the only person I put my interest on.”

 

Kyuhyun clenched his fist while listening to Donghae’s words, he is trying to calm himself and to free himself from everything. He even gritted his teeth to the point that he wants to break it, he closed his eyes and ignore everything.

 

Nothing, he should think about nothing.

 

Nothing is wrong, Nothing is right, Nothing is at stake, Nothing even matters.

 

“why are you being carried away by what that talkative girl said to you?” Kyuhyun deadpant, no emotions painted in his words, he’s still not looking at Donghae, he needs to focus on other things other than his bestfriend.

 

Donghae shook his head “Nope, she just made me realize what I feel for Sungminnie, she didn’t do anything to me, harass me or anything” then Donghae stared at Kyuhyun, confused by the sudden harsh words coming from him, Kyuhyun maybe mean but he isn’t like that to call someone that they are hypnotizing him or anything, and also, in this kind of a talk, Kyuhyun would always shrug, but the tone from his voice is somehow, scary and angry, he is confused of why is his bestfriend like that “What’s the matter Kyuhyun? Is there something wrong?” he asked.

 

Kyuhyun just closed his eyes and clench his fist even harder, still his back facing Donghae.

 

‘This is wrong!, realize now that this is wrong, this is ing wrong’ he keeps on cursing in his mind.

 

He then shook his head, Still not looking at Donghae “Nothing, neverm—“

 

Kyuhyun didn’t have the chance to finish what he was saying when both of the two heard the voice that are familiar to both of them.

 

“Kyuhyun,” she yawned “I’m hungry”

 

Both of the two turned to the girl who has a bedhair, wearing glasses, and yawning at the top stairs.

 

Both of them had their eyes opened in shock, the topic of the conversation just suddenly show up.

 

Sungmin walked down still rubbing sleepiness from her eyes, she then notice Donghae and walked towards him.

 

“Hae” she greeted him happily“what are you doing here?”

 

Donghae was still just silent, still looking at Sungmin, he is still shock by what he just saw right now.

 

Why wouldn’t he?

 

First, the girl he just said that he likes suddenly appeared.

 

Second, she appeared at the house of Kyuhyun.

 

Third, She was wearing clothes that belonged to Kyuhyun.

 

Fourth, Only Sungmin and Kyuhyun were the one at the house for the moment.

 

Fifth, Kyuhyun is none other than his bestfriend.

 

After a long silence, Donghae speak “Minnie, Why…” he said stuttering, words are being twisted in his stomach “Why are you here in Kyuhyun’s house? Sleeping with his clothes like that?” he finally asked, hoping that the answer is something he would be happy about and not regret anything.

 

Sungmin finally realizing what Donghae was talking about was about to speak when Kyuhyun speaks for her .

 

“It is seriously nothing, You do know that Sungmin and I are neighbors, and her mom asked me to let her rest in here while she and my mom went out for something. You can ask them if you want to, There is seriously nothing going on, Donghae” Kyuhyun stopped talking for a few seconds before speaking again “If there is something going on between me and her, that would have happened way before, since we grew up together..” then he turned to Sungmin “so you rabbit, you’ve been asleep for so long, what do you want to eat?”

 

Donghae then gulped, Kyuhyun really does know him well, he knows that somehow Donghae is tensing up. He understands what Kyuhyun feels that’s why he is explaining already before something went wrong. Yeah, If Kyuhyun would be in a relationship with Sungmin, he’d tell him already.

 

Kyuhyun would never betray him like that.

 

Kyuhyun would think about him if ever that would happened.

 

He shouldn’t stop thinking about those stuffs anymore, He is bestfriends with kyuhyun, their relationship is perfect and wouldn’t be destroyed by a sudden attraction for the same girl (he thinks).

 

Donghae then erased the thoughts from his mind and focus on the two people arguing (again)

 

“I should cook for tonight” Sungmin said “and you better not touch anything at the kitchen unlike last time”

 

“Whatever” Kyuhyun shrugged “ Just don’t destroy my house”

 

“As if I’d do that to you, bastard!” Sungmin backfired then turned to Donghae smiling “How about you Hae? Are you staying for Dinner? Are you hungry? I’ll cook”

 

Donghae just smiled at her noticing that Sungmin’s reaction to Kyuhyun was different to Sungmin’s reaction towards him “Sure, Minnie-yah”

 

Sungmin smiled back at him then turned towards the kitchen, leaving the two boys alone again in the living room.

 

“Kyuhyun?” Donghae said, to get the attention of the person and Kyuhyun just answered with a ‘yeah?’

 

“I’m sorry” the former continued, making Kyuhyun turned to him with one of his eyebrows raised, showing confusion to what it is that he is sorry for.

 

“Sorry if I was asking you to help me to get Sungmin-ssi’s attention” Donghae muffled with a weak grin “It was a total wrong of me”

 

“It’s okay” Kyuhyun shrugged “Nevermind”

 

Donghae then speak again, knowing that Kyuhyun didn’t get the point as to what he was talking about “I wasn’t talking about pestering you or anything about my love problems.” He paused, thinking if that if ever he continued, he may crack the relationship he has with Kyuhyun but he needs to straight-forwardly say it, he is his bestfriend and bestfriend doesn’t keep secrets from each other at all.

 

“I was talking about asking you for help, on the girl we know we both like

 

Kyuhyun then turned to him, as in turned to him, staring at him, looking at him, a little pregnant awkward air when Kyuhyun sneered at the statement “Are you crazy? Where did you get that Idea? I don’t like her I just don’t like mendling with your love problems”

 

Donghae then smiled at Kyuhyun “Kyuhyun, you can pretend to other people, even Sungmin” he then looked at Kyuhyun seriously “but you can never pretend and hide from me,”

 

Kyuhyun was just silent, he don’t know what to say anymore, Donghae was pressing that he likes Sungmin, by which is he isn’t even sure for himself.

 

“I know that you like her, you are different when it comes to her, you maybe childhood friend but I know you like her more than that” Donghae continued “She’s the only girl I saw you being expressive and jolly like that.”

 

“I don’t, I am not like that to her.” Kyuhyun murmured softly, red flushing in his face, but still Donghae can hear him.

 

“Have you even notice that she is the only girl you have ever called by her name? especially her first name?”

 

“….….”

 

“I know so” Donghae said still a grin in his face “I always thought that it is only because of your childhood connection that you two seemed really close but now I realize that it is more than that, you look at her, differently from the rest, Your eyes got that shiny thing everytime you see her, you are with her, or even talking about her.”

 

“..…..”

 

Redness flooding to Kyuhyun’s face already, he don’t know what to say anymore. Was he really like that? Was he really that obvious? He doesn’t even know what he feels for Sungmin and yet people around him is like that.

 

Their moms who keep on locking both he and Sungmin together from time to time.

 

Donghae, his bestfriend now hammering to his head that he is way attracted to Sungmin than he ever admit.

 

 Donghae then reached his hand out and smiled to Kyuhyun “I guess goodluck to the both of us then.”

 

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow “goodluck for what?”

 

“May the best man wins.” Donghae said still his hand is reached out for Kyuhyun to shake “We may like the same girl, but I don’t want our friendship to break just because of this, that’s why, may the best man wins,”

 

Kyuhyun just smirked but didn’t reached for Donghae’s hand and Donghae just stared at him confused “I don’t need that okay?, I am not into this kind of a  competition with you. You can have her if you want, You can date her, you can kiss her, whatever, this has got nothing to do with me.”

 

He then walked towards the stairs and right at his track he turned to Donghae “tell Ms. Rabbit girl that I already eat something so you two can eat for your own, I’d be at my room, and tell her to never disturb me.” Without waiting for Donghae’s reply, he headed to his own bedroom and then there he just lay in his bed.

 

 

Thinking.

 

 

“.”

 

He cursed and closes his eyes, his arm above his head,