Another Cold War?

Love isn't just a game.

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin waved goodbye to their parents when they left for that 2 nights and 2 days relaxing day at the beautiful and relaxing spring. That only means, Their parents will stay there until Monday and Sungmin and Kyuhyun has their time with each other for the weekend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Or Not?

 

“Minnie!”

 

Sungmin suddenly heard someone once she and Kyuhyun was about to go inside Kyuhyun’s house.

 

She looked at the person in front of her, who is right now panting.

 

“What’s wrong Hyukkie?” she asked her cousin “You look like you just ran a marathon.”

 

“well I was running” she replied, still catching her breath “but not in a marathon, I was just running when I saw you.”

 

Somehow Kyuhyun was annoyed when he saw someone who could take some of the precious time he can spend with Sungmin (Sungmin alone), well, he knows he don’t own Sungmin because Sungmin hasn’t reciprocated his feelings, but still he likes Sungmin, he wants Sungmin, that’s why all of his time spend with her would be precious.

 

For a long time, he was denying the fact that he likes Sungmin, and when he finally realize it and was ready to fight for his feelings, interruptions and problems came.

 

First, if he didn’t hurt Sungmin before, it won’t be this hard to make Sungmin likes him back, to make her trust him. He don’t even know right now if it is possible for Sungmin to reciprocate his feelings, Sungmin was just being a nice girl that she didn’t reject Kyuhyun yet, that’s why Kyuhyun wants to try his best to be loved by this girl, he (for the first time) put so much effort of.

 

Second, there are so many people who always get into his relationship with her. Not that he was dismay to it, just a little irritated because they keep on annoying him, like Ryeowook who keeps on telling him, lecturing him whatsoever about her bestfriend. Donghae, who keeps on teasing him, despite the fact that they are in a competition. And now, Sungmin’s cousin, the monkey? (because he doesn’t remember the name, he only knows that she is a ‘Lee’) taking his time to spend alone with Sungmin.

 

“Minnie” Eunhyuk started again “I’m here  because I want to tell you something”

 

“I have someone I like” she continued, eyes sparkling and Kyuhyun sighed in annoyance ‘wow, a sweet conversation about love and rainbows’ he sarcastically thought, on the other hand, Sungmin’s reaction is different from his, she smiled and giggled when she heard that from her cousin.

 

“That is why you are here? To report to me that you like someone” she continued with a chuckle “ Who may that person be?”

 

Eunhyuk hesitated at first to continued, her face painted in red “Donghae-ssi”

 

Both Sungmin and Kyuhyun opened their eyes in shock.

 

“Donghae?” Sungmin asked as if not believing if she heard her cousin right.

 

Eunhyuk nodded, cheeks still red.

 

“You are my cousin and like my best friend, Minnie, so I wanted to tell you this first” she continued, her voice soft as a cotton.

 

‘wow, she really is like Donghae, they are so compatible’ Kyuhyun thought, remembering the time that Donghae went to his house to tell him that he likes Sungmin, he also said the same dialogue Eunhyuk said just now, Donghae also said that Kyuhyun was his bestfriend that’s why he wanted him to know the person he likes, first. Both Donghae and Eunhyuk’s personality are alike, 

 

Then Kyuhyun frowned at the thought, because the probability is high but everything still depends on Donghae, him and his likes factor, Donghae never looked at anyone with interest, except Sungmin. Donghae never looked at beauty and talent, because there are a lot of girls following him, believe me, models, cheerleaders, dancers, nerds, (yes a lot), but Donghae never took interest with them, well… Sungmin is the biggest exception to everything.

 

Because Sungmin had won both Kyuhyun and Donghae’s heart.

 

“You really got along with him well last night” Sungmin commented “ You two even danced a lot.”

 

“He’s really nice and sweet, very kind too” Eunhyuk smiled remembering Donghae last night, well yeah, she only met the guy for a short moment, but the smiles and happiness they shared is incomparable, and she was happy about it.

 

“Minnie” Eunhyuk looked at her cousin “Tell me, does he have a girlfriend?”

 

Sungmin just stare at Eunhyuk, actually she doesn’t know the answer. She don’t know anything about Donghae’s personal life, even his romantic lovelife, so she don’t know how to respond, so she looked at Kyuhyun.

 

“You’re Donghae’s bestfriend, I don’t know anything about his lovelife, does he have a girlfriend?” she asked the tall guy with golden hair and he just shook his head “He doesn’t have a girlfriend.”

 

Eunhyuk’s face somehow lightens up with hope, and Sungmin smiled seeing that face of her cousin.

 

Kyuhyun hesitated at first, as to tell them that Donghae has his eyes on someone, because seeing both Sungmin and Eunhyuk happy like that is a good thing and he doesn’t want to ruin that, but he needs to tell the truth right? Because how can he earn the trust of Sungmin, if he would lie to her?

 

“But, sorry to say, he has his eyes on someone,” he admitted honestly, not revealing the name “for quite a long time now”

 

Both of the girls looked at Kyuhyun, eyes widened in shock.

 

“Who is it?” Sungmin asked “I never knew he liked someone.” Then she smacked her cheeks “Oh my god, don’t tell me, she’s our schoolmate, what if she misunderstands the rumor that me and Donghae are going out, Oh no!”

 

Eunhyuk looked at Sungmin “You and Donghae are going out?”

 

“No!” Both Sungmin and Kyuhyun said in unison, making both Eunhyuk and Sungmin looked at the tall guy, making him blush.

 

Sungmin smiled a little inside seeing that reaction from Kyuhyun, then answers Eunhyuk “No, Hyukkie, we are just pretending so that his fangirls would stop on following him anymore, Donghae was just really nice not to reject those girls. Unlike someone who keeps on rejecting them” emphasizing on the word ‘someone’ and looking at Kyuhyun, receiving a glare from the latter.

 

Eunhyuk then turned to Kyuhyun “does that girl likes Donghae as well? Are they dating?” she asked and Kyuhyun could only gulped.

 

“actually, I don’t know if she likes him back or not” he chuckled “because that girl is clueless when it comes to things around her, and she’s quite the crazy kind.”

 

“But don’t worry” he said now having a warm smile in his face “I won’t let that girl be with Donghae, not ever, even if I risk my life for it”

 

Sungmin smiles, but still oblivious that she was the girl Kyuhyun was talking about, of course Kyuhyun is serious to what he said, He won’t really give Sungmin to Donghae that easily, not that he knows that he really loves Sungmin now. He won’t give up on her, he will fight for her. To him, Sungmin now is the most important person to him and he doesn’t want to see him with other people, even his bestfriend. Call it possessiveness, but he knows he fell for Sungmin too much now and Donghae knows that too, he will understand him. They agree that whoever the best man wins.

 

Because just like Donghae, Kyuhyun doesn’t want to destroy his friendship with Donghae. Even though, he doesn’t show it, and he won’t admit it. Donghae is his bestfriend, the one he let himself cross the line with. Aside from Sungmin, Donghae is the person, Kyuhyun gave his trust(by which is he himself find it hard to give). He also wants Donghae to be happy, that’s why they are having a friendly competition for Sungmin’s affection.

 

Since Kyuhyun was so busy with his thoughts himself.

 

Sungmin was tapping her cousin’s shoulder , and held her hand in a clench fist in the air, as a sign of never giving up “hwaiting, Hyukkie! Don’t give up” she said with a smile “Donghae is still single, as long as that girl won’t reciprocate his feelings, you still have a chance”

 

Eunhyuk beamed her a smile as well. “You’re right, Min”

 

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin was about to complain with the nickname called her when Eunhyuk suddenly covered with her hand, as if regretting what she just said.

 

“Sorry, Minnie, I forgot, you hate being called like that because that’s what that despicable guy who hurt you before, used to call you, Mianhae”

 

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin was shock by what they heard, Sungmin wants to smack her cousin in her mind because of what she said. Why does Eunhyuk have to say that? Yes, Sungmin told Eunhyuk about her first heartache, but she never reveals the name to her since Eunhyuk doesn’t know him  (that was when Eunhyuk haven’t met Kyuhyun before), so it doesn’t really matter if Eunhyuk knows the name or not and two, at  by that time, Sungmin really hates Kyuhyun so she finds it disgusting and despicable to call Kyuhyun by his first name, she only calls Kyuhyun, Cho before.

 

If it was only before, Sungmin would be so proud and happy to what Eunhyuk said , if Kyuhyun heard it, because at that time she really hates Kyuhyun.But this time, she doesn’t want Kyuhyun to hear that, she doesn’t want Kyuhyun to know that, she doesn’t even know if she thinks about Kyuhyun that way anymore.

 

She just hopes Kyuhyun didn’t hear what Eunhyuk said.

 

But fate is intact with her in opposite way because Kyuhyun did hear it, which left him speechless and hurt.

 

So that’s what Sungmin thought of him before. A despicable guy, of course Kyuhyun knows that it was him Eunhyuk was talking about. It can only be him.

 

He felt a thug in his heart.

 

Sungmin noticed the sudden downess of Kyuhyun, and she can’t help but to feel guilty as well.

 

That was rather kinda a rude attitude as well, when she said that but what can she do, nobody in this world knew that she and Kyuhyun could somehow be closer than they were before. She never even thought that her hatred towards the guy is slowly disappearing and becoming something different.

 

She doesn’t hate Kyuhyun as much as he does before, that’s why somehow there’s really a guilt in her when she remembers the time she was always cursing Kyuhyun.

 

Even if she admits it or not, her relationship with Kyuhyun right now is very different from before.

 

“Umm, could I excuse myself now, girls” Kyuhyun said suddenly out of the blue, making Sungmin looked at him, he held his temple “I kinda felt dizzy and I want to rest, is that okay?”

 

Eunhyuk nods at him. “okay, you must be really tired, umm” Eunhyuk trying her best to remember his name, she already heard it when Donghae introduced him to her yesterday.

 

“Kyuhyun, call me Kyuhyun”

 

“Okay, Kyuhyun-ah” she said with a smile, “rest well.”

 

“sure thing” he scoffed, looking at Eunhyuk “and goodluck with your affection to Donghae”

 

He took a little glimpse on Sungmin, whispered a ‘see you later, Sungmin-ssi’ then walked towards his house, not looking back or anything..

 

Sungmin felt a big and heavy thug in her heart, Kyuhyun just called her Sungmin-ssi, as if they just suddenly met each other, as if they aren’t close or anything.

 

A few moments ago, she and Kyuhyun were just teasing each other, they are getting along, but with just one word, one offending word, it was ruined. They were suppose to spend the whole weekend with each other. And to tell you the truth or not, somehow Sungmin felt getting excited of spending it with him. They can have fun, they are suppose to make another omelet again. She would be able to see the smiling and jolly Kyuhyun again. The real Kyuhyun that was hiding under the cold and rude composture he has. But now…

 

It was all ruined, ruined by what she said before.

 

Sungmin wanted to cry, she wanted to yell at herself, she wanted to smack herself of her head.

 

Why did she say those stuff before anyway?

 

Look where it leads her.

 

And it’s too late now to get it back.

 

“Hyuk, I need to go now” she said hurriedly to her cousin “I’m sorry, I’d help you with Donghae, some other time, I just need to do something please.” She then hurriedly bow her head to her cousin when Eunhyuk said ‘okay’ and she immediately starts running towards Kyuhyun’s house, he turned around a little to face Eunhyuk and mouthed ‘I’d text you later, cousin, Mian’

 

Sungmin then looked for Kyuhyun, she immediately went to his room upstairs.

 

She knocked and knocked but no one was there.

 

She immediately went towards the living room, he’s not there either.

 

She went towards the kitchen and there she saw the person she wanted to see.

 

“Kyu” she said softly, panting. Bending her body and her head down to rest her body by holding her knee, still standing.

 

Kyuhyun turned to her, confused, still having his cool composture, but it is obvious that he was just pretending . “where’s your cousin? She went home?” a weak smile in his face. “wanna make some omelets now?”

 

Sungmin slowly raised her head to look at Kyuhyun and stands straight, a minute of staring at a Kyuhyun, who is waiting for her to answer, she shook her head “She’s not… here anymore.” She said softly, still panting.

 

“Why do you look so exhaust—“

 

Kyuhyun didn’t even have the chance to continue when Sungmin cut him off “Are you angry at me?” she looked directly to Kyuhyun, looking at his  reaction  “for what Eunhyuk said just a minute ago.”

 

Kyuhyun turned his head away from Sungmin this time “nevermind that”

 

“what do you mean ‘nevermind that?’ ” Sungmin asked, her hands slowly turning into clenched fists.

 

“nevermind about it, nevermind about that matter, It doesn’t matter anymore” Kyuhyun emotionlessly scoffed, still his back facing Sungmin, he was preparing what to use for making omelet “Do you want to teach me making omelets now? Or would you like to rest?”

 

Sungmin then started walking towards Kyuhyun, once she was beside him, she held Kyuhyun’s shoulder and made the latter turned her “I know you said that nevermind it, I am asking why do you want to ‘not-talk’ about that matter? When practically I saw you left because of what Eunhyuk said.”

 

“are you going to run away from me again?” she asked, her voice a little softer this time “we just made up last night and…”

 

“Sorry, Kyu, I’m sorry” She said, tears forming in her eyes again “I said that before, and I didn’t mean to…I….I”

 

Kyuhyun saw a sad expression in Sungmin’s eyes.  He thought maybe, he wasn’t the only one affected here. He wasn’t the only one hurt here. If he is hurt, what more is Sungmin? Sungmin have endured a lot because of him and yet, he was just offended then he will start on avoiding and treating Sungmin coldly again.  

 

“You’re really sweet and innocent you know” he said dropping the things he was holding “and very kind too, you always treats people with goodness, I really can’t resist you as much as I want to.”

 

“come here” he said to Sungmin, Sungmin were just looking at him but obliged a little seconds later.

 

Kyuhyun cupped Sungmin’s cheeks, his thumb rubbing the tears away from Sungmin’s eyes. “I understand, don’t cry, don’t cry anymore okay?”

 

“B…but…but” Sungmin whined like a child “I know I have offended you, but I…I really didn’t mean to say it,  I, I said those before, when you were still a big bully to me, and when you keep on teasing me. I really didn’t mean to…”

 

“Sungmin” Kyuhyun mumbled, trying to stop the girl from talking. “Sungmin” he repeated.

 

“Please don’t be angry anymore, Kyuhyun, I don’t want you to avoid me again and treat me coldly” Sungmin keeps on explaining, ignoring Kyuhyun’s callings to her. “Sorry, I really didn’t mean to say those words t---”

 

“Sungmin, seriously if you won’t stop talking in the next second, I will kiss you”

 

By that Sungmin shut up and a sudden redness flooded her whole face.

 

Kyuhyun smiled at her. “I am not angry okay?” he chuckled, still holding the sides of whining girl’s face “well, not anymore I guess”

 

“so you really we’re angry at me?” she asked hopingly.

 

“well, who wouldn’t? when you were called a despicable human being” he scoffed, but then leaned his face closer to Sungmin “but it doesn’t matter anymore”

 

Sungmin stared at him.

 

“because at least, we’re making progress right?”

 

“progress?” she asked in confusion and Kyuhyun hummed at her.

 

“Like what you said, you said those words before, and now, you immediately came back to me to tell me that you ‘didn’t mean’ to say those words,” Kyuhyun leaned closer again to Sungmin, a huge grin obvious In his face “it only means that we are getting closer, you’re treating me as a friend, or maybe an acquaintance, and I am happy for that.”

 

Sungmin didn’t take her stare away from Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

“you’re becoming closer to me than before. So that’s already a huge progress, right?” He then hugged Sungmin tightly “and I wasn’t angry at you actually, as if I could do that.”

 

“I’m actually angry at myself.” He said calmly, he felt Sungmin twitched in shock when she heard him say that, “It’s because first of all, you have the right to tell me that because you know, it’s the truth, I was despicable before, I keep on teasing you, I keep on arguing with you, I keep on bullying you, I keep on hurting you.”

 

Kyuhyun sighed, remembering how evil and rude he was towards Sungmin before. If only those memories could just all disappear.

 

“I used your feelings towards me, to hurt you. And that is the worst thing I have ever done in my life. “ he chuckled “and look where it leads me, it backfired at me”

 

 

 “I am now the one who is trapped in that affection.” He then stare at Sungmin’s doe eyes. “I really really like you Min-ah,”

 

He leaned forwards towards Sungmin, a mere inch away from her. Sungmin was nervous, her hand sweating really hard, Kyuhyun’s face is only a centimeter away from her, his breath tickling her flesh, she just clenched her eyes to close, her hands clenching on Kyuhyun’s shirt, she just waits there, her lips parted, not moving an inch to back away. Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin who has her eyes close and her hands holding onto him. He chuckled then leaned upward, planted a kiss on Sungmin’s forehead.

 

Sungmin was shock by the sudden touch, a touch she didn’t expect to be in her temple, maybe she hoped expected it to be somewhere else, she then pouts.

 

“I told you I can wait” he chuckled again, held Sungmin’s side and moved away, but still looking at Sungmin’s eyes (darn, he could drown on those eyes forever), “so shall we start making omelet now? I am dying to make one right now”

 

“okay” Sungmin replied softly, a little disappointment hinted in her tone, but what the heck, it is better than having Kyuhyun ignoring her (again).