Coward

Love isn't just a game.

Sungmin was still in the tent, but now on the inside. The moment when Donghae was about to confess his feelings towards the girl, and explain as to why what happened a couple of moments ago, happened. She excused herself from the boy and said she wanted to relax because she’s tired.

 

Donghae being the nice person he is, respects the girl’s decision and let her sleep knowing that the word ‘tired’ meant something more, he said that he’ll be the one to check on the plant from time to time. He knows that that’s not the only reason why Sungmin excused herself. Maybe it’s also because of the kiss they shared a moments ago, and he understands her.

 

It went like that for the whole night.

 

---

 

Sungmin was staring at the Caramel Tea in front of her, mindlessly when she noticed a pair of hands in front of her.

 

She looked at the person who owns those hands that interrupted her mind’s wandering. “Ryeowook.”

 

“Sungmin, are you okay?” Ryeowook asked the other, her tone softer than usual “you’d been spacing out lately.”

 

Sungmin just shook her head.

 

Right now, She and Ryeowook ,are at a coffee shop, it was after class and it was only Sungmin and Ryeowook only. Ryeowook knew Donghae wanted to come, but she finally gets the hint when Donghae gave Sungmin some time to think and breathe without being suffocated with the pressure.

 

Their project experiment had been done and finished, Her project with Donghae was a success that made them a grade of B, she wanted to be happy with the result of their hardwork, but just wasn’t able to do so.

 

She’s still talking with Donghae even after what happened, but the latter noticed how restrained and unemotional the other is feeling. The usual happy and full of energy Lee Sungmin is nowhere near the girl right now, dull and unenergetic. And Donghae knows why. He knew it was because of what happened, and he understands why Sungmin was like that.

 

He just made Sungmin confused by kissing her, and he understands if Sungmin wanted to be alone for a while.

 

He will just confess to the girl some other time. He knew he have hurt her.

 

That was the half of Sungmin’s concern, the other half is with Kyuhyun.

 

They haven’t made any contact with each other after what happened. At class, Sungmin took small glimpses of the male, her eyes full of concern for the latter, but Kyuhyun didn’t even once gave her a glimpse, and it made a thug on Sungmin’s heart.

 

She knew she hurt Kyuhyun, She’s clear that he saw what happened.

 

And being a coward as she, doesn’t even have the guts to fix what she have done.

 

She can’t look at Kyuhyun in the eyes, she can’t face him, because if she does, she knows she will break by the guilt eating her up.

 

She wanted to say sorry, but all she did was nothing.

 

And looking at Kyuhyun, unwavering by her, ignoring her like air as if Sungmin doesn’t exist.

 

Sungmin felt the deepest cut inside her heart.

 

Kyuhyun doesn’t care about her anymore.

 

“I’m so stupid.” She whispered, a tear falling from her eyes “I’m really stupid Ryeowook” Sungmin looked at her bestfriend, whose holding a piece of tissue in her hand, trying to wipe the endless tears falling from her eyes. Some people on the coffee shop are looking at her, but Sungmin didn’t care, she just wanted to let it all out, all the bottled up emotions she tried to suppress for a long time.

 

“Sungmin don’t cr—“

 

“I’m hurting two persons with my stupidity.” She cried “I’m hurting both Kyuhyun and Donghae. I avoided Donghae as much as possible because I know I can’t face it when he confesses to me, and I can’t face Kyuhyun because I can’t look at him knowing guilt eating myself up, Ryeowook” she sniffed “I’m such a coward. All I’m doing is ran away from them both even though I know I’m hurting them both.”

 

“It’s okay Sungmin, it’s okay” Ryeowook hugged her, tried her best to comfort her, and Sungmin just lets the comfort surrounds her.