Stars

Love isn't just a game.

Sungmin and Donghae made a small tent at the back of the Lee’s residence. Sungmin staying on the inside while Donghae sat at a chair placed outside the said tent. The girl’s head is stuck outside the tent because she and Donghae is still talking chitter chatter

.

They have chosen the experiment for plant as one of the known Science topic experiments in biology as “Does music affects the growth of plants” they chose two plants with the same 6 month old in the garden and placed one of it with a cassette player surrounding it while the other one isn’t. They don’t really need to look after it the whole time, they just need to check on it from time to time. So Donghae and Sungmin just spent most of their time talking with each other.

 

While, Kyuhyun chose to do the project on his own, without the partner that was assigned to him. He requested to the teacher if he can do it alone and without a partner. At first the professor asked as to why he would ask such a request and he can only say that he can’t work with a person that he’s not comfortable with and that it would only leave a disaster rather than a teamwork. He said that he would rather work alone and with further explanation, he received a yes from his professor and worked with his project alone.

 

Deep down inside him, he knew that he won’t really be able to work with the girl he was assigned to. Knowing that that girl have other motives than making an important School work. So he knows that he choose the right decision.

 

He chose a plant that grew a certain flower in it, a white flower to be specific. It reminded him a special trait he adores from someone special. Purity and Pristine.

 

He’s gonna place the plant a little outside in their balcony. He’s gonna check up on it from time to time. As he was about to place the plant, he saw two figures outside, one at the tent and another sitting in the chair outside the tent.

 

 

---

 

“Look at the stars Hae” Sungmin pointed out at the sky above them. It is smothered with millions and millions of stars twinkling and shining so bright. Both of them, can’t do anything but to adore the beautiful sight.

 

Donghae stared at the star-filled sky then looked at his right where Sungmin is, the girl is busy adoring the creation above that she didn’t notice the person beside her, adoring her the same way she adores the stars in the sky.

 

‘You’re as pretty as those stars’ he thought and a smiled crept in his face. He felt so lucky watching a beautiful view above and another beautiful view beside him. He felt like he’s a really lucky guy to have experienced something as sweet as today. He feels lucky that he have given the chance to spend a whole day with the girl he adores for a long time now. He thought he won’t have a chance like what he has now.

 

He always thought that he would always stoop at the level of hiding his feelings for the said girl beside him.

 

‘I’m so lucky to be able to sit beside you here right now Sungmin’

 

‘I’m so lucky that for a moment it’s like you’re only mine, and everything is ours’

 

“Donghae look” Sungmin turned to him with a smile painted in his face, a smile that reached from ear to ear. “A shooting star, Donghae, Look” she then held Donghae’s face to look at the sky she just saw a shooting star flew by and the latter can’t help but to adore the sight as well.

 

All he can mutters is a weak ‘wow’ due to his adoration to what he just witnessed and Sungmin can only giggle to his cute reaction, her hand still on the side of Donghae’s face . “you’re so cute Hae”

 

While giggling, the latter turned his face to her and watched her in amusement.

 

After a few minutes, her laughter died and blended with the silence surrounding them. She looked at Donghae as well making them face to face with each other.

 

Sungmin was staring at orb that is looking directly at her, as if looking at her soul. ‘his eyes are as bright as the stars’ she thought.

 

“Donghae, you have such beautiful eyes, you know?” she commented while adoring the feature of his friend the she most took notice of.

 

‘no wonder Eunhyukkie is in love with you’ she thought.

 

‘you’re nice’

 

‘you’re sweet’

 

‘you’re kind’

 

‘you’re thoughtful…’

 

She didn’t notice that while under her deep trains of thoughts, the person in front of her was leaning closer and closer to her, inch by inch their faces are pulling into such close proximity.

 

Once Sungmin realized what is happening, she felt her heart going ‘thugs thugs thugs’ because of how close Donghae’s face is on her. His eyes closed, his mouth opened a little, and bangs falling at the right side of his face.

 

“Dong…” she tried to mutters, her heart beating in a mantra. She didn’t know why but felt her eyes closing on its own. “Hae”

 

And then soft lips touched hers and everything just disappeared.

 

Only Donghae, Only Sungmin and the stars above them.