Why Kyuhyun is such a Jerk

Love isn't just a game.

 

 

 

After the incident at the Gym, Kyuhyun thought that everything would be back to normal, but Sungmin would be more submissive to him than from before.

 

That’s the reason why he did that prank in the first place. So that Sungmin won’t fight with him anymore. So that she would be submissive and that she won’t always get in his way.

 

 

But somehow…

 

Everything changed.

 

After that incident, Sungmin never did open her window so Kyuhyun never had a glimpse of her. He would still always play his loud music just like before, but no response from the former anymore, no more violent reaction, violent yelling saying that Kyuhyun needs to shut up. At first Kyuhyun were happy because no loud mouth girl would get in her way. But he never thought that it would be longer than what he expected, it would be worst than what he thought.

 

 

Because Kyuhyun never did saw her anymore.

 

She never left her house anymore.

 

She never even did attend school anymore.

 

No sound from her.

 

No image of her.

 

No loud yelling from her.

 

No violent reaction from her.

 

No laughter from her even if she was hurt.

 

No irritated look from her when he teases her.

 

Nothing.

 

No more Lee Sungmin to make fun of.

 

That’s what Kyuhyun thinks but he still doesn’t have that 100 percentage of if his theory is true or not.

 

Kyuhyun was walking to the school hallway, deep in thoughts.

 

Somehow he missed something, there’s something missing.

 

Suppose to be, there would be a girl he would annoy and later she would react then they will have an argument.

 

That’s his usual morning routine, but for the couple of days, he felt that it is something he misses (not like he admit it or not) but he really missed his daily routine.

 

He has no one to make fun of anymore therefore his day is quiet again just like yesterday.

 

“Lee Sungmin…” he cussed, thinking of the girl who ‘s the prey of his normal daily teasing, of his name callings. If she came to school then he can comeback of making fun of her but since she is gone, he has no one to annoy.

“When will the hell would you come ba— OUCH!” he followed up his words when he felt something hit him.

 

He looked at that something that hit him. It’s a person.

 

“Aigooo, I’m so sorry” she bowed her head again and again, asking for apology.

 

Once the girl looked at him, her face suddenly frowned “Oh, it’s you” she said in disgust “I take my apology back, I shouldn’t say sorry to you, .”

 

“The little pumpkin’s friend” Kyuhyun just shrug what Ryeowook said “Look where you’re going, tiny or I might step on you.”

 

“yeah, because your feet is as big as your hydrocephalus head” Ryeowook backfired “you just think so high of yourself. Boastful jerk”

 

 “At least I have something to boast about” Kyuhyun smirked “Where’s your pumpkin friend anyway?”

 

Ryeowook sarcastically laugh.

 

“worried?” she asked “guilt eating you up?”

 

Kyuhyun just stare at her, not needing to answer that worthless question he just ignore it. “No, I am not worried, I need someone I can make fun of,” he said with no emotions, straightforwardly” and I asked you a question so you shouldn’t answer me with another one, Airhead”

 

Kyuhyun knowing that he would never get a proper answer from Ryeowook, just started walking again, not letting Ryeowook respond to his statement when he heard

 

“, You should know that you hurt Sungmin a lot” Ryeowook said voice high and can be heard by the students walking in that same hallway.

 

Kyuhyun just smirked, feeling no guilt at all.

 

“and so?” he asked.

 

Ryeowook clenched her fist, making them white. “you’re really an you know, she loved you and you repay her with that evil treatment of yours” Ryeowook grinned her teeth with every word “Don’t you feel guilty at all?”

 

Silence.

 

Guilt? Is that even a word familiar to Kyuhyun?

 

After five seconds Kyuhyun straightforwardly answer “No” he smirked “I didn’t ask her to fall for me.”

 

Ryeowook gasped. She never thought that Kyuhyun would this be heartless, yes she knows that Kyuhyun is evil but not up to this point. When Sungmin described him, she can see stars in Sungmin’s eyes. Sungmin respected and loved this awful guy and Sungmin bear with him for many years.

 

All of Kyuhyun’s tortures.

 

All of kyuhyun’s mean pranks.

 

And worst of all, Sungmin treat him as a Friend, her childhood friend.

 

And Kyuhyun doesn’t even treat Sungmin as a Human Being.

 

 

“You’re sick” Ryeowook said walking again.

 

And Kyuhyun walked again towards his classroom “Whatever” he mumbled.

 

Kyuhyun then went towards the back of the school building, where most students who like to cut class hangs out.

 

Yes, Kyuhyun decided to cut his class.

 

He saw students there, drinking, smoking.

 

It is bad in their school to do that, but they are hiding, not much of students go there anyway, not much people knows that place, and hell, most rebellious students go there to you know, do stuffs that are forbidden.

 

“hey” Kyuhyun said to a guy who is smoking, not caring about his name whatsoever. “Do you have a another piece of that?” pointing at the cigarette the guy was smoking.

 

“yeah” the guy nods at him helding another piece of a cigarette stick“but aren’t you a little too young for this? You’re only in Junior High, I think you’re only 11 or 12”

 

“12” Kyuhyun took the other cigarette and answered.

 

“You’re too young boy to be smoking”

 

Kyuhyun shrugged and lit the cigarette. Yes, it’s his first time smoking.

 

Knowing that Kyuhyun is ignoring him, the guy talked again “You shouldn’t be smoking you know.”

 

Kyuhyun just glared at him “ off!” and threw his stick even though he didn’t finish it off, he just needs a little smoke, a little freedom, a little deviancy. He just took one smoke then left.

 

Kyuhyun went to the rooftop and there he found peace.

 

No one was there.

 

No smoking scumbags, no addict drinkers, No yelling teachers, no nagging classmates. No one.

 

No one but himself.

 

He found peace there.

 

He lay there, and closed his eyes.

 

What the is wrong with him?

 

There is definitely something wrong with him.

 

And It is Sungmin’s fault. He is 100% sure of that.

 

It will always be Sungmin’s fault.

 

Everything in his life is Sungmin’s fault.

 

Ever since he met her for the first time. Kyuhyun saw what others always see in her and it’s her Smile.

 

Her priceless Smile.

 

Kyuhyun can clearly remember it, the day he met her.

 

 

Kyuhyun grew up from a rich and noble family. Every one treats him like a prince, like a king.

 

Everyone wants to be his friend. Who wouldn’t? Kyuhyun is a son of the richest business man in town. His mom is an actress. So at the age of 4, everyone treats him like a prince, they always hang around with him, he is rich, he is famous and he believed all of that.

 

One day, his father is going to leave the country for a business meeting, His mom retired as an actress because she wants to take good care of kyuhyun. On the day of his father’s flight, he bid goodbye to his dad at the airport.

 

He went home quite earlier than usual, so he went to the playground to say hi to his friends when he overheard them.

 

“I was only befriending him because of his money” one of his so-called friends said.

 

Kyuhyun having no idea who they are talking about , is confuse.

 

“yeah, I mean who would want to be friends with that rotten guy Kyuhyun? If it wasn’t for his riches, I wouldn’t be friend him, he’s mean and a jerk”

 

Kyuhyun felt the world collide in between him.

 

Those people he treats as friends are talking behind him.

 

Pretending to care for him.

 

They are just hiding behind those masks that they are his companions.

 

They are just using him.

 

And for the first time, Kyuhyun was hurt.

 

He never did trust anyone anymore, unless it’s his mom.

 

In front of his mom he is sweet and pure, because she is the only person who truly cares for him that’s why he treasures her most, but to other people, he doesn’t care. Yes, he respects older people but trust is something he can never give.

 

And Kyuhyun never tell his mom all of those problems, he doesn’t want to add his problems to his mom’s own problems that’s why he thought It is better not having friends that having some, right? At least no one would hurt him.

 

It became a normal routine for Kyuhyun.

 

He got used to it, the pretend party, people still tried to be close to him but he just shrug it.

 

It is now kyuhyun’s life, to be part of a pretend games, and  he even became a good player of it.

 

Until one day, they had a new neighbor. It was a lady with her daughter.

 

Her daughter that is one year older than Kyuhyun.

 

That girl is giggly, that girl is jolly, that girl is happy.

 

That girl has something that Kyuhyun doesn’t have, and it’s a SMILE.

 

A pure , honest pristine Smile.

 

Sungmin isn’t rich, as by what Kyuhyun heard when their parents are talking, but she still smiles. That smile that never even once left that face of her.

 

Even if Kyuhyun admit it or not, he is jealous of that.

 

He is seriously jealous of that.

 

That’s why he pour those anger to Sungmin. He gave the blame to Sungmin.

 

He wants to see those smile to disappear from Sungmin’s face. Because he feels so low everytime Sungmin wears those, How can she naturally smile in this ing pretend world?

So everytime kyuhyun made fun of Sungmin, he thought those smile would disappear, but then Sungmin still smiles, irritated but still smiles.

 

Years go by and it became a daily routine for him and Sungmin to be like that.

 

But still Sungmin never forgets to wear her smile. Her pure smile, the purest smile that kyuhyun have seen through the years.

 

Sungmin grew out to be a nerd, to be an ugly duckling while Kyuhyun grew out to be a handsome young man, a smart genius. He is better than Sungmin in every aspect. He held the first place in academics, Sungmin held the second but why? Why can’t he smile the same as Sungmin? And she can?

 

Why can’t he feel that happiness?

 

 

What is with Sungmin that he doesn’t have, so that he can SMILE as well?

 

So that he can be happy?

 

It’s like Sungmin’s existence is a reminder to kyuhyun that he is unhappy , that he was betrayed once, that he has no friends and he was used to that,  that he is FALLING apart. Sungmin is wiping that fact to his face everytime she smiles.

 

“Lee Sungmin” he mumbled.

 

 

 

“how the can you smile like that?”