ahem

Love isn't just a game.

Sungmin then tied her hair in a ponytail and started helping Kyuhyun, whom started beating the egg, but seems not really familiar with what he is doing.

 

“Kyu” Sungmin said, holding Kyuhyun’s hand, the one he is using to beat the eggs with, making the latter blush by the sudden touch “You shouldn’t do it like that” she moved Kyuhyun’s hands to the same way she does with her hands “You should do it quickly and not slowly, because you need to mix it with air, and how can air sum up with it if you won’t beat it fast”

 

He then followed what Sungmin said and do as he was told, while Sungmin went towards the kitchen counter and looked for a knife and a chopping board, after that she went towards the fridge for the vegetables.

 

While looking at the fridge, she turned to Kyuhyun, remembering something. “I forgot to ask you.”

 

Kyuhyun hummed but still focusing on his task, by which is beating the egg. “what is it?”

 

“I didn’t knew Donghae likes someone.” She said, then said ‘got it’ once she got the needed ingredients from the fridge and closed it. “I mean, we’ve been like close for a while, and he didn’t even once told me about it.”

 

Kyuhyun just opened his eyes in shock and stopped for a moment, then return to what he was doing again slowly

.

“Do you know who that person is?” Sungmin asked Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun could only gulped.

 

Does he have the right to tell it to Sungmin?

 

What Donghae feels towards her?

 

Kyuhyun nods “Yeah, I know her.”

 

“Who is she?” Sungmin asked again, going towards Kyuhyun and looked at the beated egg. “Wow, you did good this time in beating the eggs, it looks

good.”

 

Kyuhyun could only grinned at the compliment, of course, it was his very first cooking achievement.

 

“You don’t need to know her” he said to Sungmin, raising one of his eyebrow and smirked “It’s none of your business when it comes to Donghae’s lovelife,”

 

"that's so unfair" Sungmin whined and Kyuhyun just patted her hair and mouthed "sorry, it's confidential"

 

“ but One thing is for sure, She is sweet, kind, nice and talented.” He continued “ A little clumsy, but it’s just a little eanderment, because all in all she is perfect. I wouldn't wonder why Donghae likes her.”

 

“and I guess Donghae deserves such a girl like her.” He said weakly. “They look so good together.”

 

Sungmin could only stare at Kyuhyun, it’s the first time she heard such a compliment from Kyuhyun towards someone especially a girl, For the whole years she was with Kyuhyun, he never looked at someone like that, mostly girls. He don’t notice anyone, he doesn’t look at anyone particular. But right now, Kyuhyun was talking about that girl as if he knows her that much, like he was observing her for a long time now.

 

“It seems like you know her a lot.” Sungmin could only gave that compliment to Kyuhyun “You sure are close with her to know such information about her, you two must be really close”

 

Sungmin can’t help herself to feel such sourness in her words, in her heart, like she felt a bitter feeling in knowing the fact that there’s a big probability that Kyuhyun and the girl who Donghae likes are close, closer than what she could imagine.

 

Kyuhyun can’t help himself from feeling gladness and butterflies in his stomach, why? Because he can see the jealousy in Sungmin’s reaction, and can’t help himself from being glad.

 

Kyuhyun reached towards Sungmin and pinched her cheeks. “Don’t worry, you’re cuter than her, in my own directory.”

 

“so don’t be jealous now, yeobo” Kyuhyun said teasingly in front of Sungmin, making Sungmin blush “I am not jealous, you jerk.”

 

Kyuhyun could only chuckle.

 

“Also, Of course I would know a lot about her, and about her relationship with Donghae, Donghae is my bestfriend remember?” he said “ you know Donghae would never fail to amuse me with his whinings, and trust me, he is affected about that girl more than you can imagine, so I notice it, as in a lot.”

 

“even if I won’t ask him or anything, he would just start to tell me about it then it will go on, sometimes I Find it really irritating but that guy really don’t know how to go away so later I would just let myself hear all of his whining and his words until he is satisfied in it all.” Kyuhyun slightly complained but the tone of his voice is happy, a smile painted in his face while talking and Sungmin can’t help but just to chuckle with the sight.

 

“You and Donghae are really close aren’t you?” she asked, opening the stove and held a frying pan to it while Kyuhyun started cutting some tomatoes. “If not you wouldn’t be that giddly jolly talking about him.”

 

“Don’t you dare deny it Cho Kyuhyun” Sungmin then gaze at him with a smile.

 

Kyuhyun could only sigh in defeat “yeah I guess so.” Then poured the cutted vegetables to the bowl of beated eggs and then Sungmin took it, their hands brushing when she took it from him, Sungmin and Kyuhyun can’t help themselves but to only grinned to each other, no words needed anymore.

 

She then turned towards the pan and poured the egg.

 

--

The two just talked about different stuffs all the while. They have already ate their food and also finish cleaning the mess in the kitchen and the kitchen counter. The mess they made is huge, why? Because they became chidish again and started playing bubble war while doing the dishes, making both of them wet and sticky (again) and then Kyuhyun, being a gentleman he is (much to Sungmin’s disbelief) was the one to clean the kitchen, again just like last time.

They were still talking about random stuff after that, it’s like words are endless and infinite, everytime they talked about something, it will lead to another, making them laugh and talk again and again and again.

 

Sungmin even persist to Kyuhyun to tell her how did he and Donghae became so close. At first Kyuhyun doesn’t want to talk about such dramatic story but due to Sungmin’s persistence and aegyo, he finally obliged.

 

Kyuhyun started his story, threating Sungmin to never ever laugh. (by which she did, but was touched to the story)

 

The two boys met when Donghae was 14 and Kyuhyun was 13. Right after Sungmin left. They were classmates suddenly. Donghae transferred to their school, He was the one who filled up the empty place Sungmin left at much to Kyuhyun’s dismay and disgust. Kyuhyun was still a rudeless bastard as to who he was before. His life’s direction became meaningless and stupid, He still keeps on using cigarettes and was a jerk to everyone. He never let anyone get to him. Siwon left the campus as well, he transferred to another country just like Sungmin, making Kyuhyun all alone. But he didn’t even consider Siwon a friend at first so he didn’t care.

 

Donghae is kind and innocent, like how Sungmin used to be. Making Kyuhyun even more irritated at him.

 

Everytime Donghae tried his best to get close to Kyuhyun (because they are seatmate), Kyuhyun would only shrugged and ignore him.

 

But just like Sungmin, he didn’t gave up, at first he was also irritated with Kyuhyun’s attitude, but soon started to warm up to him and treats him as a friend.

 

Donghae would always shield Kyuhyun everytime there are groups of boys who would want to beat Kyuhyun up, even though Kyuhyun can handle himself.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t made fun of anyone anymore, and he didn’t embarrass anyone in front of anyone as well, after what happened to Sungmin, Kyuhyun said because it’s tiring and boring if it wasn’t Sungmin he wasn’t making fun of (much to Sungmin’s dismay when she heard that from Kyuhyun right now, and Kyuhyun could only chuckle), so there were this guys who grouped as YG, started to bully other students, and Kyuhyun didn’t care about it. Until one time, it was Donghae that those boys made fun of, and bullies.

 

And despite the fact that Kyuhyun doesn’t care about Donghae, when they were about to beat Donghae for not giving them his lunch, Kyuhyun  beat the hell out of them all. When he was about to leave, Donghae held onto him, and asked him if he considers Donghae as a friend.

 

Kyuhyun didn’t say anything but Donghae said “If you don’t consider me as a friend, then why did you help me?”

 

“I know deep down, I am a friend to you” he whined, tears forming in his eyes “and if you don’t consider me a friend, I won’t give up, I’ll make you be my friend.”

 

Kyuhyun could only chuckle, by which is the most sincere chuckle he had after a long time, and took a handkerchief from his pocket to wipe Donghae’s face.

 

And that is when he accepted Donghae as his friend because he was the most honest person he have met all throughout the time Sungmin wasn’t there.

 

He gave him the sunshine Kyuhyun was looking for when the deepest darkest moment of his life was there, and Sungmin’s smile wasn’t there to bright him up.

 

Sungmin can’t help but to feel touched by Kyuhyun’s words while he was story telling.

 

---

 

Eunhyuk was going home, right after the encounter with Sungmin and Kyuhyun. She was in deep thought about a lot of things. First, why the sudden change of the guy or called Kyuhyun to what she remembered from the bright aura to a gloomy aura, and why does Sungmin have to follow him?

 

Could he be Sungmin’s boyfriend?

 

Are they going out?

 

Those thoughts about them was forgotten once she bumped into someone.

 

She was about to say sorry when she looked at the person. The person that is part of her thoughts as well, making her blush.

 

“Sorry Miss, I didn—“ he started then smile when he saw the person he was talking to. “Oh, Eunhyuk, Hi.”

 

Eunhyuk could only stare at the person, her cheeks still are burning red.

 

“Are you okay?” Donghae asked her, seeing her face suddenly becoming red. “Do you have a fever?” he asked placing his hand over Eunhyuk’s forehead.

“You’re face is all red.”

 

“I’m…I’m okay” she said stuttering, face still red.

 

“I’m glad to hear that.” Donghae said taking his hand away from Eunhyuk’s face. “are you busy today?”
 

Eunhyuk got confused with the question so she could only stare at Donghae.”huh?”

 

“I was asking you if you are busy today” Donghae smiled at her. “I just got home from a dance practice, and well, I don’t want to disturb Kyuhyun nor Sungmin, Kyuhyun would just bully me, and well, Sungmin was always with me for the past few weeks so I guess giving them some time together, is a good idea. But I got nothing to do.”

 

“I think they are having a good time together” he sighed “I want to join too but I can’t, I don’t want to be unfair to Kyuhyun.”

 

Eunhyuk could only chuckle to Donghae’s childishness, making Donghae face her.

 

“Now you’re being able to laugh, that’s better, than to just stare at me the whole time.” Donghae complimented making Eunhyuk blushed “I am not a monster and I won’t bite you, so don’t be afraid to talk to me, is that okay with you?”

 

“so are you free today?” Donghae asked again “If you are, do you mind accompanying me to the arcades?”

 

He moved his hand towards Eunhyuk waiting for her to accept it, Eunhyuk hesitate at first, but soon smile and reached towards Donghae’s hands.

 

 

--