Talks

Love isn't just a game.

Sungmin and Ryeowook were on their way towards the latter’s house due to the fact that Sungmin doesn’t want to go home yet to her own house because of a certain neighbor that she felt would make her mind just more sad and depress.

 

A certain “let me stay at your house for a while” to Ryeowook just made it to their conversation and as an understanding and sweet friend Ryeowook is, she obliged, it’s not as if it’s a big problem to do a favor for her closest bestfriend.

 

While on their way, Ryeowook was still rubbing her bestfriend’s back for comfort.
 

“Are you feeling a little better?” She asked and Sungmin just nods a little.

 

Silence enveloped their for a while, when Ryeowook thought for something for a moment and asked “Sungminnie, I know it’s not the right time to ask this but..” she paused for a moment “Donghae’s birthday celebration is already this Saturday” Ryeowook stared at Sungmin, waiting for her reaction in each and every word she is saying “What would you do now? Would you attend?”

 

“To be honest Wookie, I don’t know” Sungmin answered “I have already promised Hae I would be there for sure, and I would make sure Kyuhyun would also. He would be hurt if I won’t keep my promise”

 

“Are you sure you can handle being with them both” Ryeowook asked “at the same time?”
 

Sungmin can only sigh.

 

---

 

 

Kyuhyun was staying at the rooftop of the school’s building for a while, he doesn’t know how long he stayed there, staring at the bright pale blue color of the sky, thinking, numbers of used cigarette stick beside him.
 

He went directly to that place after he knows what class he last went to. He knew he skipped some class, he knew he didn’t bother what the teachers would say. All he knew was that he can’t stand staying in the same place with both his bestfriend and the girl he loves.

 

He can’t help having that heavy feeling summing up in his chest.

 

He knew he shouldn’t feel this way, because in the first place, Sungmin is not his girlfriend, Sungmin can fall in love with Donghae anytime. There are no contract, no agreement, no bond that says Kyuhyun have the right to some ownership of the title “Lover” to Sungmin. Reality have him that Sungmin isn’t his, and was Sungmin never been his.

 

And it hurt his heart more, it breaks it into a million pieces more, knowing that.

 

 

“Kyuhyun?” Kyuhyun’s deep thoughts was disturbed when a familiar voice called out to him. He looked at the source of the voice and he saw his bestfriend, standing. One hand at the handle of the rooftop door, and one hand at his pants’ pocket.

 

Kyuhyun stared at his bestfriend for a while then stare right back at the sky. He knew looking at his bestfriend reminds him of memories he does not want to remember.

 

 

“What are you doing here Donghae?” He asked, eyes still focus above.

 

“I was looking for you and I knew this would be a place I would find you” Kyuhyun heard his bestfriend talked, voice getting clearer and clearer, as he knew, without looking that Donghae was walking straight towards him.

 

“I know we have something to talk about Kyuhyunnie” Donghae followed up

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about Fishy” he lied. He exactly knew what Donghae was talking about, he just doesn’t want to talk about it. He doesn’t want to hear from his bestfriend that Sungmin chose him over Kyuhyun. He’s not ready.

 

And being the Kyuhyun as he is, it is better to ran away, ignore, than to face it. He was good at running away, He knew he still wants to ran away again from this.

 

It already hurts knowing, it would add to the wounds if he’d hear it directly.

 

He won’t be able to bear it whe—

 

“Kyuhyun” A hand was placed above his knee that distracts his overthinking mind.

 

“What?” He sat up, voice a little louder than usual.

 

He knew it was wrong to yell. But it came out worse than how he intentionally wanted to say it. All the feelings are bottling up inside of him, he can’t take it anymore. He just wanted to let it all out.

 

“Are you here to gloath?” He started “Are you here to tell me that Sungmin chose you? That she dumps me, that it is my fault in the first place because I hurt her? Is that it??” Kyuhyun continued, small tears forming in his eyes. He knew he just can’t stop. “Well congrats! And just leave me alo—“

 

He wasn’t able to finish his outburst because of a big red bruise forming at the side of his lip.

 

Donghae just punched him.

 

“Will you shut up? I’ve had enough of your ty ‘I don’t care but I care, then I run away, running in circles’ attitude Kyuhyunnie” Donghae started “I didn’t come here to say those things you assumed I would, Stop being an overthinking jerk will you?”

 

Kyuhyun was silenced for a moment “then why are you here?”
 

“I am here to talk to you about what happened” Donghae glared “You’re my friend Kyuhyun, And the last thing I want is to hurt you, or Sungmin. And don’t make me feel like I have instigated a fight when I haven’t, So just hear me out first before you react ty”

 

Kyuhyun could only hang his mouth open, Donghae, his innocent bestfriend, one as innocent as a five year old, Just cursed, twice.

 

“I knew that there are a lot of times where you and Sungmin have spent your days, moments together. And I admit that I was kinda jealous because I wasn’t able to spend some time with her, I wasn’t able to tell her, express her how I feel” Donghae said, a little calmer this time “So when we were there, I felt like I wanted to express to her, I wanted to tell her, I wanted her to notice me Kyuhyunnie, Even just for once”
 

Kyuhyun could see the pain in his bestfriend’s eyes.

 

“Even just this once, I wanted her to look at me” Donghae stared at his bestfriend “Because all she looks at, is you”

 

“What?” Kyuhyun knew there’s been minutes that passed, but all that left his mouth is that one word.

 

“Are you stupid Kyuhyunnie? I thought you’re one of the smartest guy in our class, Didn’t you notice how Sungmin smiles when she’s with you? How she acts differently when it’s you? She has that twinkling in her eyes whenever it’s something about you” Donghae mocks his bestfriend

 

“And now you are hurting her” Donghae continued “The way you ignore her, the way you don’t tolerate her existence, the way you showed that you don’t love her, it breaks her heart”

 

“Have you seen the redness in her eyes?”

 

Kyuhyun noticed it, ofcourse. He can only notice Sungmin, and everything about her.

 

But no.

 

Sungmin does not love her.

 

It couldn’t be.

 

“Sungmin loves you” Donghae answered even though everything was only in Kyuhyun’s thoughts. “She may not know it yet, but she does.”


“She experienced a painful heartache from you, who is her first love. And with an experience like that, It would take her a lot to realize that she has feelings for you, and what more is to confess to you, to everyone and especially herself that she loves you Kyuhyun?” Donghae explained.

 

“You are smart, but how can you be so dumb when it comes to this?” He followed up “She likes you, She’s just having a hard time accepting it for herself. And if you give up on her now, Kyuhyun, You would be the dumbest guy ever”

 

Kyuhyun stared at his bestfriend, “How come?”

 

“ Just because Sungmin loves you, does not mean I would give up on her any less.” Donghae started, fixing his tie. “I would still confess to her my feelings. And you running away, would make her more open to me.”

 

Donghae stood up, looking at his bestfriend “Don’t make the same mistake Kyuhyunnie”

 

 

"You lost her once, Don't lose her again"

 

 

------------

 

I am very sorry for the late update. Hihihi. But here it is. Super thanks for commenting and subscribing and waiting for updates. Love y'all.
Sungmin, Kyuhyun & Donghae does too. Hihihi. *throws Love confettis*