Neighbors

Love isn't just a game.

 

Kyuhyun was walking through the corridors after his long stayed and thinking at the rooftop(until he was disturbed of course). It’s already dismissal time, The bell had already rang an hour ago, and he thought by this time, not much of a student is staying at school already so it’ll be a good time to leave as well because bumping to different people are just a big pain in the for him and as much as possible he wants to avoid them.

 

He was heading towards his actual classroom when he heard someone singing inside the Music Room accompanied with a guitar, a very sweet and angelic song can be heard from it, and somehow he found there a very familiar voice.

 

It’s high-pitched and only one person in this world could have that high pitched voice.

 

Ryeowook was singing but she wasn’t alone, her singing is accompanied by someone, so Kyuhyun took a peek at it, and he saw a guy singing as well, their voices are in such perfect harmony.

 

 

So if there are two people singing, then who could be the one playing the guitar? So he took a deeper peek to the room and suddenly he saw another familiar figure, it was Sungmin, Sungmin was the one playing the guitar.

 

 She’s really good.

 

 

Sungmin really learned to play the guitar and he was amused to see her playing so good like that.

 

“Somehow the song is nice but we lack something.” The guy suddenly said “like another voice is missing, something that will blend with this song.”

 

“You’re right” Sungmin agreed “ both you and Ryeowook’s voice are perfect but there’s a certain voice that will perfectly blend in with those voices of yours so that this song you wrote will be performed perfectly at stage.”

 

“well, where can we find that voice?” Ryeowook asked “yesung-oppas voice is already soothing and warm, and mine’s high pitched, what could other voice would fit perfectly with ours?”

 

Yesung, the guy who was singing with Ryeowook smiled and held Sungmin’s arm for her to stand up, both Sungmin and Ryeowook staring confused at him, Sungmin asked “What’s the matter, Jong-Woon Oppa?”

 

(Jong Woon – Yesung’s real name)

 

“Why won’t you try to sing with this part, Sungminnie?” Yesung suggested pointing at the part where Yesung presumed to be the part where they lack that missing voice.

 

Sungmin hesitated “No, I..I don’t want to sing” Ryeowook held her arm as well and suggestively asking her to sing as well “but Minnie, you sang in Japan too! Please just try to sing.” She pleaded and the former could only stare at her, but soon gave up.

 

“Fine, how can I say no to that face of yours Wookie.” She deadpant, and Ryeowook giggled.

 

Sungmin held the music sheet in her hand , inhaled then started singing.

 

Both Ryeowook and Yesung closed their eyes, concentrating their attentions to the beautiful voice they are hearing and it was so captivating that even the eavesdropping Kyuhyun at the door, closed his eyes and listen to the song while unconsciously holding the handkerchief in his hand strongly.

 

When Sungmin was finished, all of them opened their eyes and Ryeowook and Yesung smiled at her “Your voice is great Sungminnie!” they said in unison.

 

“You are one of that voices we are looking for this song” yesung said to her in assurance, Sungmin stared at him “One of the voices?” she asked.

Yesung nods “Yes, one of the voices. It seems your voice is good for this song, but there’s still one voice that is lacking, something deep and really filled up with emotions, something good for ballad, if only we could find that voice, and then yours, this song would be a perfect song for the opening performance for next month.”

 

“What is the title of that song again?” Sungmin asked him “It’s a really good song.”

 

“What if” Ryeowook answered “The title of the song is What if, and it was written by Yesung-oppa himself”

 

Sungmin smiled “it really is a good song.” Then suddenly her smile turned to frown when she remember why she was at the music room then she hit Ryeowook’s head lightly.

 

“yah! Kim Ryeowook! You only said that I will accompany and wait for you here, but why did I become a singer for you suddenly?”

 

Ryeowook and Yesung laughed. Ryeowook then answered in between her laughter “Sorry Minnie, but your voice is really good and soothing, and it fits perfectly for the song, What can we do? At least we could spend our time together with this singing stuffs and meetings, we’d just look for that someone who is that missing voice then we could practice properly.”

 

Sungmin gave her a deadly stare and then just sighed in defeat.

 

“You do know that I already joined the Martial Arts Team and that I don’t want to join in any other club anymore. I want to focus at one stuff only”

 

“But Sungminnie” both Ryeowook and  Yesung pleaded “we need you in this, we lack one voice already, so please don’t back out anymore. You’d be great in the Music Organization”

 

Sungmin shook her head “I’d help you with this song, but I won’t join that Organization, I’m already in the Martial Arts, I don’t want to hassle myself in a lot of Clubs, sorry.” She explained and yesung accepted her explanation but told her that someday she’d join the club.

 

Sungmin shrugged it and just took it as a joke, and yesung keeps on insisting that he was serious about that.

 

Seeing Sungmin smile somehow made Kyuhyun’s heart beat faster again.

 

 

That smile is no different from Sungmin’s smiles five years ago.

 

But how can it turn his heart go like that?

 

He then looked at Sungmin again, and somehow Sungmin was like an angel with the sweetest smile he had ever since. In order for him to stop whatever is going inside his head, he then continued his walk towards the classroom he was about to go until he was distracted at the music room.

 

 

--

 

Once Kyuhyun got home, he noticed that there’s a note hanging at his door. He frowned at the words that were encrypted in that note.

 

 

 

Kyuhyunnie-dear~!

 

Me and Sungminnie’s Mom went to a seminar for healthy living, She said you can come to her house and accompany Sungminnie, and for you to follow that, I locked the door to our house so you can’t go in,

 

so Take Good care of her, We’d be back by Midnight. Saranghae~! <3

 

 

He tried to open up his house and then just like the note says, It is locked and he got no keys for it because he lost his key right before Sungmin came back to Korea so unfortunately he cannot go in to his own house. What a bummer.

 

‘what the hell?’ he thought.

 

 

Why does he need to take care of that Rabbit? She’s not a 3 year old to be taken good care of. He isn’t her babysitter.

 

Kyuhyun kept on cursing and cursing again, what should he do?

 

Should he go to Donghae’s house and spend his night there and just come back tomorrow?

 

But then again, his mom would be back by Midnight so they’d know that he didn’t follow their orders and will be filled up with tons of sermons until morning.

 

Should he climb the window and go to his room?

 

But he might fall since it’s too high.

 

 

While Kyuhyun was doing his so many thinkings, he noticed the girl at his neighbor arrived home as well. Both of them are staring at each other, and frowned.

 

Sungmin noticed a note at her house’s door as well and it says just the same message as to Kyuhyun’s, therefore she needs to let Kyuhyun stay at her house until their parents come back.

 

 “I really hate you.” Sungmin said to him and opened her door, then Kyuhyun walked towards Sungmin’s house and he replied “same to you” then walked inside Sungmin’s house.

 

He sat at the sofa at the Living Room while Sungmin went upstairs to change her clothes.

 

Kyuhyun looked around at the room, big spacious room, he have never been that much at Sungmin’s house. It was always Sungmin or her mom that goes to his house that’s why he have never had the chance to see Sungmin’s house that much.

 

 

For a mother and a daughter to be living alone in such a place, it is quite big (well not as big as his but still it’s big). He noticed a lot of pictures of Sungmin at the top of the big cabinet there.

 

Some of the pictures are when they were little.

 

He remembered those times.

 

He was always with her, they were inseparable, even though they are always fighting, arguing, they would never leave each other’s side.

 

Everything just changed when he did that prank on her.

 

He didn’t know that Sungmin loved him.

 

He didn’t even know that Sungmin was looking at him for too long.

 

When did Sungmin started to like him?

 

When did Sungmin treat him more than just a childhood neighbor? I mean they are always fighting, so when did Sungmin started to grow this romantic feelings to this guy?

 

And also, Sungmin really loved him. Loved. Past tense. Which means, Not anymore. It was all buried in the past.

 

Something to forget.

 

Then Kyuhyun looked at other pictures again. Some of those are when Sungmin was in Japan.

 

She really changed throughout those five years gap that they didn’t see each other.

 

Sungmin became matured enough to stand for herself.

 

Kyuhyun smiled remembering Sungmin from before until who she was now.

 

Then suddenly he heard the door at Sungmin’s room form upstairs opened so he let go of the photoframe and then went towards the kitchen.

 

Well, His mom told him to take ‘good’ care of Sungmin, so it means he gotta do the taking care of, he should be the one to cook, to help, or in short to serve the pipsqueack bunny.

Kyuhyun was looking at the fridge when he heard a voice at the kitchen counter speaking “what are you doing at my kitchen?” she asked

 

Kyuhyun shrugged and didn’t took his eyes away from the foods at the fridge “Was going to cook, why?”

 

Sungmin then walked towards him “and by where do you got the idea that you are allowed to go here?”

 

“by your mother and my mother” he retorded “as far as I know, both of them acknowledge me in their notes to babysit you.”

 

Sungmin sneered “hmp!” then walked towards the door again and into the living room.

 

 

Kyuhyun smiled because he is victorious in the argument this time.