Chapter 5

Love isn't just a game.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun is busy in his room playing starcraft in his computer. He is not playing loud music like he normally does. He is just there playing, only the sound of the mouse clicking can be heard (or some cursing from him) as well but all in all it’s a quiet night for Kyuhyun.

 

 

His window is open, he took glimpse by glimpse to the other room, the utterly closed window Room, as if he is waiting for it to open as well but somehow it isn’t open.

 

 

Sungmin won’t open her window anymore.

 

Kyuhyun has no idea anymore what had happened to her anymore, what she is doing right now, what she is thinking right now.

 

Unlike before where he knows that by this time, Sungmin would be reading her book, by exactly 6 in the morning she would wake up and exercise, by 7 :15 her mom would knock on her door and tell her to wake up but she is already awake.

 

Kyuhyun knows many stuff about Sungmin.

 

He knew how Sungmin is an addict with the color Pink.

 

He knew that Sungmin is such a crybaby but still is brave, brave enough to stand up to what she believes in.

 

He knew that Sungmin is an animal lover especially Rabbits, she loves those fluffy animals so much.

 

He knew Sungmin well too much.

 

But he never thought that his prank would affect her this much.

 

Does she really love him that much?

 

Was she hurt so much?

 

Did his Prank went too far that day?

 

“” Kyuhyun cursed again, seeing that he lost another game.

 

He closed his game and stand up, he was about to walk towards his window to knock to the other window when he heard his mom called him.

 

 “Kyuhyun!” then he heard a knock at his door.

 

Kyuhyun stared at the window he was about to knock, for a moment he thought that he is stupid for wanting to talk(or to see) Sungmin suddenly, he clenchhis fist and closed his own window then face the direction of his door.

 

“what is it Umma?”

 

“It’s already Dinner time”

 

Kyuhyun was about to answer that he has no appetite to eat any meal right now but was stopped when his mom speak again.

 

“Come on, I invite the Lees to eat with us, they’ll be joining us for dinner.”

 

The Lees.

 

Sungmin’s family.

 

Kyuhyun hopped down towards downstairs not caring about his looks whatsoever, if he is in just a plain shirt and pajamas, he’s still Cho Kyuhyun after all. Whatever he wears, whatever he looks like, he is Cho Kyuhyun, no one can resist him.

 

 

Once Kyuhyun got down to the dining room, he saw Mrs. Lee there sitting at one of the table, talking to his mother. So it is true that the Lees are there to eat dinner with them. So he scanned the whole room to look for the person he wants to see.

 

He looked around, he can’t see her.

 

Is she in the bathroom?

 

Did she excuse herself?

 

Or did she just don’t want to come and eat dinner with them?

 

But Sungmin isn’t that type of girl that implicates their rivalry or their fights to their families.

 

Even if she is angry to the point of killing Kyuhyun, she won’t include it to their families.

 

Kyuhyun is positive that Sungmin’s mother has no idea of his and Sungmin’s everyday fights and everyday arguments (if not, then why would Sungmin’s mother be here to eat dinner in the first place?)so he is positive that even if Sungmin hates him, she won’t say no to this kind of offering from his Mother.

 

So where could she be?

 

Mrs. Lee noticing that Kyuhyun is looking for someone, somehow finally answered Kyuhyun’s innermind question, as if she can read his mind.

 

“Kyuhyun-dear, if you are looking for Sungmin, you won’t see her, she didn’t come with me. I know you miss him right?”

 

To his dismay, she is not there. So she didn’t really come.

 

Miss? What the is that word? He don’t miss her. Why the would he miss her?

 

Maybe he missed torturing her if that’s what they means.

 

Kyuhyun with somehow irritation and anger stinging in his mind,  calming himself so that he won’t become rude to the two ladies in front of her, asked Sungmin’s mother “where is she, Mrs. Lee?”

 

Kyuhyun’s question was answer by his own mom “Kyu, honey, didn’t you know? Sungminnie went to Japan just the other day. I thought she would tell you since you two are kinda bestfriends”

 

Kyuhyun was shock by that sudden announcement. No one told him that, how can he ing possibly know.

 

He gritted his teeth, stopping himself for yelling or cursing or whatsoever to let out the anger inside of him. He don’t know why he is angry, he don’t know the reason why he wants to yell but all he do know is that there is something inside of him stirring, and he held his hand, clutching it to the point that his nails are digging to his flesh, he doesn’t care if it hurts as long as he can let out his anger.

 

Keeping his composture he talked again “she didn’t tell…me”

 

That’s all Kyuhyun could say. What more can he say?

 

His mom spoke again “Aigoo, honey, I really thought she told you, I thought her leaving is the reason why you’re so down this past few days because you’re going to miss her.”

 

Him? Down? Because of Sungmin? That’s not right, that’s not ing right. Kyuhyun won’t be down because of her.

 

Why would he be down? Why would he be upset? Sungmin doesn’t matter anything to him so why would Sungmin affect him that much?

 

Kyuhyun’s thoughts are ruined when Sungmin’s mom were the one who speak “Kyuhyun dear, I’m so sorry, Sungmin’s departure isn’t much of a planned anyway, that’s why maybe she didn’t tell you, I was the only one who were with her when she left, I asked her if she said goodbye to her friends and she did say yes, so I really thought she told you about it.”

 

Since Kyuhyun didn’t speak anymore, His mom is the one who talked to Mrs. Lee.

 

“So how long were really it that Sungmin will stay at Japan?”

 

“I don’t know actually, my yeobo’s been asking her to come to Japan with him for so long, since his boss wants to migrate him from China to japan for extensions in the business then he said he misses Minnie so much so he asked her, but everytime he asked her, Sungmin would always reject the offer because she says she is happy about her life here. But then suddenly one day, she asked me if she could still accept her dad’s offer, her dad was really happy when he heard that Sungmin finally agreed to go to Japan with him, I was a little sad but Sungmin said she’ll always call me, and she does.”

 

Kyuhyun just stared at them, hearing those words.

 

Blank.

 

Everything is blank for him, even though he could hear the two women still talking, he couldn’t put his mind to it.

 

She told her friends about it, about her leaving, but not him.

 

And she would stay there longer or even forever.

 

Sungmin left.

 

Not just her house, but everything.

 

So that’s why she never opened her window.

 

That’s why she never did come to school anymore.

 

That’s why Sungmin never even show her face anymore.

 

Because she is not there.

 

 

 

She won’t be there anymore.

 

 

 

 

Sungmin permanently left Kyuhyun’s life.