Kyumin moments

Love isn't just a game.

 

“you lose” Kyuhyun said to a pouting Sungmin.

 

“I hate you Cho Kyuhyun.” She whined “how the hell can I beat you in this when it’s not even my own thing! I hate word games.”

 

“No. give me your hand come on.” Kyuhyun commanded, waiting for Sungmin to give her swelling hands. It’s quite reddish already. She was hesitating at first to give Kyuhyun her hand but finally obliged.

 

He then smack Sungmin’s hand, hearing a loud yelp of pain from Sungmin. “I hate you, you’re even hurting a girl.”

 

“what a right word to say Lee Sungmin,” Kyuhyun retorded “at least, I was only smacking your hand, while you are slapping my face, that’s much worst.”

 

Sungmin can’t help herself but to laugh looking at Kyuhyun’s reddish cheeks.

 

They had been playing a word game, usually Sungmin would lose since Kyuhyun is in fact a smart-, but she (from time to time) uses her aegyo making Kyuhyun lose intentionally, much to his dismay.

 

Sungmin held another piece of paper, then wrote as much words as she can. “I win”

 

“Win?” Kyuhyun asked, looking at what Sungmin wrote “all the words you wrote are inappropriate, how can you win.”

 

“I win” Sungmin demanded “There’s nothing you can do, I win and that is final.”

 

‘You are cheating”

 

“No, I am not”

 

“Yes you are.” Kyuhyun pointed out at Sungmin’s paper “Cheating” he emphasized.

 

“that’s what I called resourcefulness, idiot” Sungmin said and wrote the word ‘idiot’ in Kyuhyun’s cheeks with her pen.

 

“hey” Kyuhyun complained but still Sungmin remained writing doodles in Kyuhyun’s face.

 

Kyuhyun stopped Sungmin by holding her wrist “Lee Sungmin”, and the latter just looked at him, both of them staring, Kyuhyun smiled at her then wrote at Sungmin’s cheeks as well.

 

“hey! That’s a foul” Sungmin said rubbing her cheeks.

 

“well you are too.” Kyuhyun replied  “and you started it.”

 

“Did not” Sungmin whines, and started hitting Kyuhyun softly on his chest.

 

“Yes you did” Kyuhyun calmly said stopping Sungmin’s actions by holding her wrist (again) “and you are acting like a child.”
 

 

Sungmin unconsciously pounts, showing her annoyance and dismay “I hate you.”, Kyuhyun still holding onto her wrist, stare at her, his face just a little mere inch away from Sungmin’s.

 

They were just staring at each other.

 

A few minutes later, Kyuhyun turned his face away from Sungmin and the latter just innocently blinked.

 

Kyuhyun soon let go of his hold and cover his face.

 

“God, Min .You’re enticing me. Stop looking like that.” He exclaimed “I can’t help myself, I want to kiss you.”

 

Sungmin was shocked, she didn’t know how to react, and can’t help herself but to blush, her ears turning scarlet.

 

“I’m going downstairs to start making dinner” Sungmin stuttered and leaves Kyuhyun’s room, leaving a Kyuhyun with much more reddish face than before,

Yeah, it was caused both by  embarrassment and from the sudden slap he got from Sungmin, by which is embarrassed as well.

 

Sungmin slapped Kyuhyun’s cheeks due to embarrassment.

 

That’s the only reflex she had when Kyuhyun suddenly said those embarrassing words to her.

 

 

--

 

“Kyuhyun dinner is—YAH!” Sungmin was about to call out to Kyuhyun at his room that the dinner is ready when an unexpected sight caught her eye that made her yelp and cheeks flooding with embarrassment. She can’t help herself but cover her eyes. “Will you at least put some shirt on, even just for a while knowing that a girl is here in your house.”

 

Kyuhyun also can’t help himself but to exclaimed and starts looking for something to cover his exposed torso. Embarrassment obvious in his face as well. He just got out from his bathroom to which he just took a bath. If his wet hair and those water droplets falling from his body isn’t any obvious indication. It’s a good thing he covered his lower half with a towel because if not, Sungmin may have seen such a much worse unexpected sight to see.

 

 

“ert! Wear some clothes on!”

 

“It is not my fault, Sungmin” he explained, already took a piece of shirt and dress himself as fast as possible “You should have knocked before coming into my room!”

 

Sungmin took off her hand from her face when she notice that Kyuhyun was already dressed, but face still red “It is your fault because you let your room door open, it was open so I thought you…you’re not… you know… .”

 

“For a freakin sake Sungmin, I wasn’t ! My lower half is covered” Kyuhyun tried his best to explain to Sungmin, his hair still dripping wet but his face all hot and red, he was trying to went towards Sungmin by which is trying her best to move away.

 

The latter keep on insisting and didn’t mind Kyuhyun’s explanation that she didn’t notice that she was soon going to fall from the stairs. Kyuhyun noticed it and immediately ran after her.

 

“Sungmin, watch out!” he exclaimed, reaching out towards Sungmin.

 

Good thing he was fast and that Sungmin was flexible because he was able to catch Sungmin before she could fall, but due to the pressure Kyuhyun gave, he have pulled Sungmin too much towards him making them both stumble and fell.

 

“Oww”

 

Both Sungmin and Kyuhyun yelp in pain, but mostly Kyuhyun since Sungmin just fell right above him so Kyuhyun took most of the fall.

 

Once they opened up their eyes, they can see their reflection in each other. Their faces only a mere inch away from one another.

 

Sungmin’s parted lips touched slightly Kyuhyun’s chappy ones. She can feel Kyuhyun’s breath tickling hers.

 

Silence filled the room.

 

They weren’t moving away, well they aren’t even moving at all, they just remained like that like a frozen stiff of ice.

 

They just look at each other’s reflection towards each other’s eyes. Sungmin can’t help herself but to look at Kyuhyun’s charcoal dark eyes while Kyuhyun admires the glittering stars in Sungmin’s doe ones.

 

Sungmin immediately stands up after realizing that they are in a very awkward position, her face all scarlet.

 

“s…sorry” she stuttered, immediately going towards the direction of the door “Just wear some clothes on and um, j…just go downstairs, dinner is ready” then without looking at a still lying on the floor Kyuhyun, closed the door.

 

“jeez, that was close” Kyuhyun said, face red, not moving from his current position, his heart pounding really hard “My heart is going to explode soon and it will all be her fault”
 

--

 

Sungmin was standing at the Living Room, helding onto her chest. Feeling the unstoppable beating of her heart, and feeling something weird inside her.

 

She cupped her face with her hands, teardrops falling from her eyes.

 

“Lee Sungmin, what’s wrong with you?” she mumbled then wiped those tears away “Everything will be fine, Kyuhyun will accept you even if you two will just be friends.”

 

 

“Just friends and no more.”

--

 

Sungmin woke up the next day way earlier than what she thought. It was 6 am early in the morning. She woke up to the place where she stayed at last night, and it was Kyuhyun’s room.

 

Last night after the incident (falling on top of Kyuhyun), they just ate dinner together without saying anything, only silence filling the whole room, throughout the evening, they just remained like that.

 

They didn’t much talk to each other, they are awkward and embarrass at what happened but when Sungmin was about to sleep at the living room, Kyuhyun took blanket and the pillow from Sungmin’s hands and insist that she sleeps in his room and the he will be the one to sleep in the Living Room. Sungmin persist that Kyuhyun didn’t need to do that since it is his house but Kyuhyun didn’t obliged to her.

 

Knowing that Sungmin wouldn’t be able to win from Kyuhyun’s stubbornness this time, finally accepted the offer and sleep in Kyuhyun’s room.

 

She remembers the last night she slept there, and all the scent that lingers her from before came back to her system.

 

Kyuhyun’s scent is present there. Everything about Kyuhyun that reminds him to her making Sungmin blush but somehow comfortable. She inhales the deep scent and felt warmth surrounding her. When she lay on the bed, she unconsciously drifted to sleep.

 

After fixing herself when she woke up like brushing her teeth, brushing her hair then tie it, changing her clothes to Kyuhyun’s shirt again since Kyuhyun’s shirt is comfortable when she  wears it, that was to Sungmin’s opinion of course, or maybe with all the other fangirls of Kyuhyun’s as well.

 

She head downstairs to get a bottle of water from the living room and as she was passing by the living room, she saw Kyuhyun still lying there in the couch and that immediately caught Sungmin’s attention.

 

She looked at Kyuhyun whose soundly sleeping, his eyes still closed and a blanket on top of his lower half. One arm above his head, mouth slightly opened. Sungmin can’t help but to admire the view in front of her. Kyuhyun looks so angelic when he sleeps.

 

Sungmin reached out to take the few strands of hair away from blocking his face. He really looks so handsome, his face, his perfectly figured nose, his lips, a little chappy but still red like an apple. If Kyuhyun would be a girl, maybe he’d turn beautiful just like his mother, that thought made Sungmin  giggles. Kyuhyun is really handsome and innocent, if you’d ask Sungmin. That’s why she fell in love with him before. Yeah, despite the fact that Kyuhyun hurt her before, when he always bullies her, There’s a part of Kyuhyun that always makes Sungmin’s heart race. He was her first friend in Korea, even though they always argue, she still treats Kyuhyun as a friend.

 

And that’s what Sungmin wants even now, only just friends, nothing more but friends. Because if it is just friends, both she and Kyuhyun wouldn’t get hurt and they won’t come back to the fact that they were hurt before, they were betrayed by those feelings.

 

If they were just friends, they can enjoy each other without feeling a little awkward just like how they felt last night and she doesn’t want that. She wants to feel freely when she is with him and she doesn’t want to feel embarrass and awkward with kyuhyun when Kyuhyun is becoming more and more important to her each day.

 

Sungmin smile when Kyuhyun suddenly mumbled  ‘I’m…hungry…umma’ in his sleep and since it was so early in the morning, Sungmin thought of preparing Breakfast, so she’d go out of the house and go get some groceries. She’d be back even before Kyuhyun would wake up.