Introducing UKISS Part 2

My Wonderful Stay With My UKISS Oppas...NOT!

Dongho left the room, which gave me some space to breathe.  For some reason, he made me feel more uncomfortable than I should've.

I decided to unpack.  My purple suitcase was filled with a bunch of clothes, books, and my teddy bear.  My backpack, which I left in the corner, was filled with American snacks in case I got homesick.  

I was sitting on the floor folding my clothes when I saw a guy walk past the doorway with a camera.  He was taking random pictures of himself and I was amused.  Who likes to take pictures of themselves?  Apparently that guy did.  Personally, I hate photos because I'm not photogenic.

I guess he saw me just sitting there staring at him because he stopped taking pictures and stared back at me.

"Hi?" he said confused.

"Hello." I laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked confused.

"Why are you taking pictures of yourself?" I replied.

"Stop asking questions," he pouted.

"All right," I laughed.

"Anyways, I'm Kiseop!" he smiled.

"I'm Ella Kim," I said.

"Oh, you're Eli's sister then," he said, face filled with recognition.

"Everyone seems to know that but him," I growled to myself.

"To answer your question, I was an ulzzang before I was in UKISS," Kiseop said.

"A what?" I asked confused.

"Ulzzang means best face, I guess.  I was on that show, Ulzzang Generation," Kiseop explained.

"Oh, so that's why you like to take pictures," I smiled.

"Yup," he said.  "I have to go...Kibum hyung wants me to go shopping with him," he wrinkled his nose.

"Araso, bye bye!" I waved.

By then, I had finished with unpacking.  I still thought it was weird that I had to share a room with Dongho.  And why did he call himself a maknae?  What is that?  

I pulled out my phone and went to Google Translate.  I typed in 'maknae' and came up with youngest.  Oh.  I get it now.  Dongho's the youngest member.   

"Hey Kiseop!  Did you see a girl in here?" I heard Pigeon's voice.

"Yeah.  She's in Dongho's room.  She's cute." Kiseop replied with a wave.

An angry pigeon burst through the doorway and I laughed.  He looked so...angry and pigeon like.  He grabbed the hand that was pointing at him and pulled me up.

"It's rude to point." He pulled me out of the room.

"But my clothes!  Gosh, why did Mom and Dad make me live with you?" I mumbled to myself.

"Hey Ella, you want something to eat?" he asked.  Hmph, trying to make up for earlier, wasn't he...

"No. I ate already," I said.

Then, of course, my stomach growled.

"I'll cook you something then," he smirked.

"In my defense, I had a doughnut before I came here!  It's your fault for not coming on time," I said.  Then I realized that Eli was going to cook.  My eyes widened and I stepped hesitantly into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing." I shook my head and smiled.  I was a little worried for my safety and everyone else's.  From what I remember, he almost burned down the kitchen and killed us when he tried to cook.

"I got this," he said, as if he knew what I was thinking.  "I was on a cooking variety show!" 

I stared at him in confusion.  Variety show?  I didn't even know he was a singer, truthfully.  I realized that I missed a lot of my brother's life.  I didn't know what the heck happened to him after he left for China and stopped all contact with us.

After a few minutes, Eli managed to put food on my plate without harming anyone.  I stared at him warily before examining it with my fork.  He made some cream and chicken pasta for me.  I tried it and found it edible and was impressed with my brother for the first time in forever.

"Look, I know you're disappointed in me, but I'll prove to you that I'm a good brother.  Trust me, okay?" he pleaded.

I lazily nodded, pretending I didn't care.  But inside, I was jumping for joy.  That was what I wanted to hear from him.  "Good luck on trying."

"Eli! You made food for someone? Don't you usually tell us to cook food ourselves? That's why we only eat ramen!" someone came in whining.

"Oh, hey! I'm Kevin!" As soon as he saw me, he came and sat next to me.

"Hi, I'm Ella Kim," I bowed back.

"So, Eli's sister then," he nodded.

"Everyone seems to recognize me," I glared at Eli who looked embarrassed.

Kevin grabbed a fork and started eating some of the food off my plate.  "Eli, this is better than I remember," he exclaimed.

"Well, our pasta was pretty good, wasn't it?" Eli grinned.

I had the look on my face.  Are all Korean men this...close to each other?  I swear in America, they would be labelled 'close to gay' or something like that.  Good thing my parents raised me to not say these things out loud.  They explained.

Turns out, Eli raps.  His group, UKISS, starred in some variety shows.  One was a blood type show, and one had to do with cooking.  And Eli and Kevin made this pasta on that cooking show.

"Hmm, I think I understand UKISS a bit better now," I said after they stopped talking.

"Yay!" Kevin said and skipped off.   I wonder why he's like that.  He's so...nice.

"Hmph, he ate all the food," I sighed.  But that's OK.  Eli cooked a lot and I ate a lot.

"Here, I'll take that," Eli said and started to wash the dishes.

"Woah! Eli, you're doing the dishes?" another voice yelled from the door.

"Why is everyone so surprised when I do things?" Eli yelled to no one.

"Well then," someone watched Eli yell from the doorway.

"I'm Kibum," he stuck out his hand.

"I'm Ella," I shook his hand.

"Anyway, Kiseop and I just got back from shopping, but Kiseop went to his room to read.  So I came here to embarrass you in front of your sister," Kibum smirked.

"You're the best," Eli said sarcastically.

"Anytime dude," Kibum said and walked off.

"Your bandmates are cool," I said.  "They embarrass you better than myself."

"But they can't date you.  Or else I'll use my martial arts skills and severely injure them," Eli said.

"Whatevers Eli, but I don't even date guys." I got up and went to sit in my room.  Good thing Dongho was out.  That maknae sort of scares me.

"Wait!  What does that mean?  Could you possibly be...?"

"I don't date.  I'd prefer not to talk about that subject."

Once in the room, I sat on the bed glumly.

"Hello," someone came walking in and searching through Dongho's stuff.

"Um. Hi?" I said.

"Oh don't mind me.  I'm Soohyun by the way.  I'm looking for some pants that Dongho stole from me," he looked up.  "Wow, you're cute.  Anyways! Pants, pants, where are the pants?"

"Soohyun hyung what are you doing?" Kevin walked in and sat next to me.

"Looking for my pants," he muttered.

Then Dongho came in, all smiles.  Something bad is about to happen, I can feel it.  I hid behind Kevin and hesitantly waited.

"Maknae! Where are my pants!" Soohyun exclaimed.

"Well Soohyun hyung, I'm wearing them right now." Dongho smirked and saw me sitting there.

"I need them back," Soohyun said.

"Well here ya go then," Dongho literally took off the pants and gave it to Soohyun.

"I meant when you took a shower or something.  Not now!" Soohyun groaned.

I would've screamed, but Kevin covered my eyes.  Thank goodness for him.

"Shin Dongho, you put on some pants right now!" Kevin exclaimed.

"What? Soohyun hyung's obviously fine with me in my boxers." Dongho shrugged and started rummaging through his clothes.

"Well, Ella's here! So put on some pants," Kevin glared.

"Alright, alright.  Don't whine so much, hyung." Dongho sighed and went to put on some basketball shorts.

"Do I have to share a room with a strange boy?!" I muttered to myself.